Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

I f'd up...how can I win back her trust....is it over?

mecca411

Don Juan
Reaction score
This is kind of long, but PLEEEEASE read it. I need some bigtime advice.

I've been dating this girl long-distance for the past 3.5 months. She lives about 2hrs or so away from me in a small town with her folks. She's 25 and a teacher. I see her about once every 1.5 weeks and each time I drive up to see. Not that she doesn't want to drive down to see me, but its kinf od the way that i liked it. Things have been going great. Met her folks and they like me. Met her best friend and she likes me. Met some of other family members. Been to a few important events that she invited me to(her grad, dinner, etc). She's told me that she really likes me and I reeeeally like her. But recently something happened that through things completely off course.

Last Fri. night while I was in bed with my girl, I got a text message at 5am from a girl who works in the office of the company I do sales for. She's kind of like a buddy buddy girl who I talk to every once in awhile and who texts me sometimes on the weekend to find out what I'm up to and let me know if there's a party going on or something. But this time the message was different("Hi I'm buzzed....wanted to say hi...hope I didn't wake u....u know you should be in my bed....ha ha"). I wa a little surprised to see it and made the mistake of showing it my girl when she asked me what it said. She didn't make a big deal out of it, but I could see that she was suspicious and even though I said it was just a friend, she said that "anyone who would message you at 5am is interested in u as more than just a friend". I basically explained my way out of it because the girl really is just a friend and not even really that much.

My girl and I spent the rest of the weekend together and we had a good time. We actually slept together for the first time on the Sunday night. things didn't go so smoothly since she was allergic to the ribbed condom so we had to stop 2 minutes into it. We both agreed that maybe we rushed into it a bit, but everything as we left it was ok.

I spoke with her again when I got back to my town on the monday night and we had our usual good conversation. Only glitch was that one of my female neighbors stopped by to see both myself and my roomate(who is female, but wasn't home) at about 12am, but I sent her home and continued talking to my girl who was acting a bit jealous and I called her on it. No big deal though....we said goodnight and things seemed fine as usual.

Then on Weds night I got a message on my cell phone from my girl asking me to call her because "I think we really need to talk" . I really did not like the sound of that so I called back to find out what was up. She brought up the situation about the late night text message and how had noticed her jealousy a few days before. She said that she realized she must not trust me because she's never been a jealous person in the past. She also said that she really hated feeling that way. She said she thought she should call me because her best friend said that it would just continue to bug her until she did. Anyway, we debated back and forth. She said that if the situation had been reversed that I probably would stop seeing her. And although she never mentioned it, I think that it might have been in the back of her mind to break it off with me.

During the conversation she said that she realized that she didn't know me as well as she thought because she hasnt yet been to my hometown or seen how I am with my friends etc. I told her I understood, but we had already been making plans for her to come down to my city in the near future. The conversation went on and I think she was most upset with the way I handled the situation. She thought that it would have been best for me to call the girl up right away (at 5am when she wrote the drunken message) and tell her that I was with someone and that it wasnt cool. I on the other hand thought that I was right in waiting since I was able to talk to the girl face-to-face when I saw her on the monday when she was sober and kill it at that time. We talked about a few other things as well.

Her dad had been talking to a friend of his and mentioned that she had been dating a guy from out of town, but wasnt sure if it was her boyfriend or almost boyfriend. SHe also mentioned that her mom asked her if we were serious and she told her she was unsure and again brought up the text message to which her mom planted a few seeds of doubt when she said that "maybe he wouldve messaged her back if he were alone". Anyway, that was the serious part of the conversation and it seemed that I put her mind at ease about some things, but I'm still not sure at all.

We were on the phone for quite awhile. The last half of our conversation returned to the way things were before with us joking around and talking about sex stuff we might do down the road.

I felt ok when I got off the phone with her, but now I'm paranoid. I know that she analyzes everything and is always thinking about things and reading into things as well. Although we left things on a decent note, I feel like she could call me up any second and say "I don't think this is working out". If that happened I'd be pretty devastated. I've dated alot or girls and never been this affected when things didn't go smoothly, but this girl is different. I can't focus for work and it's all I keep thinking about. I'm even losing some sleep over it. Is there any way to fix this situation? I thought about taking some pictures of some of my family members and friends and emailing them to her in the meantime to show her that I want to make an effort to gain her trust back. I need all the help I can get so... Help!!! Thanks.

M.

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You've already explained your side of the story truthfully. The issue should be put to bed by now. If she's going to get all worked up over this situation, that is her issue. There's nothing you can really do to change her mind. She's created doubt in her own mind from what she's seen. She's not reading your actions, she's reading what she wants to. If she's going to feed this doubt she's created in her own mind and allow it to grow, there's nothing you can do.

If she's going to have trust issues, then perhaps you shouldn't be with her.

whistler

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When you bring her to your place and introduce her to everyone, she should become more relaxed.

Girls really have absurd, illogical thoughts, and it's amazing what they keep to themselves (and might reveal only after some time has passed).

Sometimes the only way to address her insecurity is on an action-based emotional level. Bringing her home and showing her off will make her feel you're committed, and commitment is what she seems to be hung up on right now.

This should work out fine, assuming she is merely insecure and not edging for a way out.

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I 2nd Desdinova

You've done all right. Actually, the fact you showed that to her with a sense of amusement speaks volumes for your trustworthiness.

This reminds me of a GF who harangued me for a whole 1/2 hour trip because she wanted to go to Windsor the Sunday before, but I was a bit slow to get going, and we didn't go. At the time she hadn't expressed so much annoyance. Anyhow, I knew she was being unreasonable, and refused to apologize for simply wanting to relax a bit on a Sunday morning.

So I started contacting her a lot less. In a couple weeks she was calling to say how much she missed me.

So you do the same as I did. To cop a line from David DeAngelo, give her the gift of missing you. Then if it comes up, tell her the same thing I wrote in the first paragraph above.

If she can't come to her senses, yoou'll just have to find someone who's more mature and worthy of you.

TillTheEndOfTime

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree with the other responses. She is not really being reasonable. If she doesn't trust you, that's HER problem. NOT yours, yet she is trying to make it seem that way and apparently you're letting her get to you because you feel bad about it.

She is basically playing a guilt trip on you. Why should you feel bad about HER insecurities? If this situation was reversed it would be "oh men are always so insecure and jealous with their girlfriends. Any time a guy gives their girlfriend some attention, they throw a fit." So why the double standard? Why when the tables are turned it is the GUY'S fault for the WOMAN'S insecurities? That's BS if you ask me.

You already honestly explained to your girlfriend who this girl is and that nothing is going on. Besides obviously turning down this other girls advances (whether she is drunk or not), you've done all that should be expected of you....and that's all there is to it. Your girlfriend needs to stop being so immature and insecure about it and accept that once in a while other women may be attracted to you.

cactus3178

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow.

The title of your thread is incorrect. You did nothing wrong, and you don't need to 'win' back her trust for the simple reason that she she's over-reacting.

Would she put up with this behavior from you? Honestly?

Reaction score
The only thing you did wrong was to show her the text message!! Your reply to your girlfriend should have been "Would I have shown you the message if I was interested in this girl????? And then looked at her with a dumbfounded expression!! HUH????

This girl is going to cheat on you and will try to blame you for her downfall - good luck!!

mecca411

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah...I guess the issues are her own...

Yeah, I guess I was letting it get to me and I really was feeling bad about it. I showed her the message because I wanted her to see that it really meant nothing to me. Reading all these posts makes me realize that I didn`t do anything wrong. I guess it`s still in the early stages and she has trust issues. It seemed like things were going great to this point. There was a time a few weeks ago when we had an akward situation(Lol: she grinded me so hard that she actually hurt my **** and we were unable to get it on that night...that was before we`d even done it once.) Everything was still fine the next day when I left to go back to my own town, but I just neevr bothered to call her during the rest of the week because I was busy with other stuff. I finally realized that it had been 5 days since I had last spoken with her and was about to call her when I noticed that she had called my cell 3 times on that day, but only left a message on the last call. When we spoke she said that she thought I was weirded out by what happened and that maybe I didn`t like her anymore.

Anyway, do you think that she might just be looking for a way out on this oneÉ. I didn`t really look at it like that. She does alot of things (in addition to telling me,Ì like you alot`)which would suggest to me that she really likes me.

I thought I would take pictures of some of my friends and family and send it to her email as a start and maybe that would put her mind at ease. I don`t want to come off like I`m desparate to win her back, but I thought it`d be funny to take the pics with the people holding signs telling who they are. Anyway, that`s all I was thinking about doing and then leaving the rest to her if she wants to call it quits or not. I`ll sleep ok knowing I did nothing wrong. Let me know what you think of the picture idea. Thanks.

M.

Climax

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
{-_}{_-}

I'm gonna make this short and to the point.

1) like it was mentioned before, when she DOES come to your hometown etc, it will make her relax more.

2) In order to make it clear to her that u love HER and ONLY her a romantic dinner somewhere special will go a long way.

3) this chick is NOT going to cheat on you, she is just very insecure and u still need to work on the "trust" in the relationship. (Maybe if u try seeing her more often, it will help)

4) E-mailing her wont calm her down or make her trust u more, but its a cute thought and wont cause any harm, so go ahead.

5) About the text message... I think u did the right thing by showing her, cause that means that u trust her and that u trust that she will not take it the wrong way, i think its HER trust in YOU that needs to be worked on. (Spending more time with her will help this, and doing special things with her Eg: taking her somewhere special and making her FEEL special)

6) The truth is, is that ur gf will always have some dought in her mind about this "friend" of urs that sms's u at 5am, so maybe organising a lunch where u, ur gf, ur "friend", and maybe someone else were there so that ur gf could meet this "friend" of yours. This should deffinatelly erase that dought that she had about your "friend".

Well, i wish u the best of luck, but overall, just continue the way u are, she is lucky to have a good honest man like you, not many of them around these days ;)

1 last thing... try not to do/say anything that might bring up dought in her Eg: spk about other woman to/around her.

Laterz...

Reaction score
Thums down on the pics idea - it will seem like you are trying to compensate for your error. Just stay the same course as always and next time you see her do an activity that will bring you closer emotionally.

Who knows if she'll cheat on you but just look out for when she makes accusations that she is not just trying to legitimize and feel justified about her wayward actions - this is what hos do!!

mecca411

Don Juan
Reaction score
Would it really do any harm?

Is it really a bad idea for the photos? I was going to send them sometime this afternoon because she'll most likely call me sometime in the evening as she usually does on a Sunday. I figured it would show her that I'm actually making an effort for her to know me. Does this really seem like I'm trying to make up for what happened? Just want to show her a bit more and help to build some of the trust. She'll be coming down later on in the month(if we get through this ok).

Another thing...is it better to just ride it out and see what she decides to do? What I mean is that I'm a bit worried that she may just call me back tomorrow or sometime soon and say that she doesn't think things are working out and just call it off. I only think this because I know she's always thinking and reading into things and although we had a discussion that should put this to rest last wednesday....it's probably still bothering her.

What do you think? I really like her and definitely want to keep dating her, but it'd really be ****ty if she decided to call it off. Should I just wait to see what she says? I figured it'd be a good idea and if she decided she wanted to end it I could tell her that I thought it was too bad because I really liked her and had plans for us, but maybe it would be for the best since she has such major trust issues. I don't know. What do you think? Thanks.

Climax

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.

1) Sending the photo's in my eye's will cause NO harm. So go ahead.

2) about just "waiting it out & seeing what happens" .... This would be a mistake. instead of leaving her with those doughts in her head and letting her make her own decision (which might be the wron decision seeing that she has all these trust issues), I would suggest that u take her somewhere special and prove to her that she is the only gild/woman that u love and will ever love.

3) Do you often tell her that u "love" her? cause the truth is, is that a woman needs to hear it here & there (not ALL the time, cause then when u say it, it wont be "special", it will rather be a "casual" thing)

4) If you really like this girl, then arrogance and attitude is not an option, when dealing with love, u need to compramise.

5) When she DOES come down (make sure she does) have something special planned, if she really does mean alot to you, then u will go through the trouble of organising something special just for the 2 of you. Eg a romantic boat trip or candle lit dinner at the beach followed by maybe going somewhere that she enjoys.

From what i can see, this chick likes u alot too, thats WHY she is getting so worked up about u and other women. So if she DOES brake it off with you (which i REALLY dought that she will) then it wont be cause she doesnt care or love you, it will be cause she is insecure, has trust problems, and will prob think that she will just get hurt in the end.

That is why i said that u need to do something special with asap, so that you will be able to "drill it into her head" that u are NOT interested in other women and that she is the ONLY one that u love... and that u will NEVER cheat on her. Say something to her along the lines of " why in the world would i wanna cheat on you when u are perfect?" or something like " you are more than i can ask for, why would i need anything more?" (Both of these need to be said while holding her hand, or her face, or running your hands down her hair... followed by a big loving hug or even a kiss) Given the situation (a nice romantic area and vibe) that surely will make her believe u, maybe not FULLY, but it will definatelly erase alot of her doughts and make her alot more relxaed/calm with her doughts.

This woman DOES have trust issues though, which are probably a result of a past relationship where a bf had cheated on her or something along those lines. Ask her this. If this is so, then convince her that u are NOT like other guys and that u are YOU and that u love her! (This will also help)

You see... all these things that i am suggestin might not sound so convincing, but trust me, after u do ALL of the above, if she doesnt trust u by then, then i'm affraid that she need proffesional help (maybe a phsycologist would be a good idea) and i am being dead serious, cause if she wont listen/believe you, maybe she will believe/listen to an "outsider"

Overall, u need to understand that the fault is NOT with you, its with her, its HER trust issies, and its HER insecurity! So dont go looking for faults in yourself now, cause in this story/situation u are not in the wrong. You need to be understanding of her and help her in any way possible to get over her insecurities and her trust issues. This process is not a short easy process, so expect for it to take a while, cause even if she does end up believing you THIS time about everything, in the future you will probably find yourself in a similar situation as u are in now.

Well, i wish the 2 of you the best of luck for the future and i hope that u continue to let us know about your situation;)

Go well...

Laterz...

mecca411

Don Juan
Reaction score
What can i do in the meantime?

Thanks for all the advice. My only problem is that I'm currently working out of town until this next Friday. I'm abot 5hrs away from her and I can't really get out to see her. I have every intention of showing her that she's special when I (hopefully) get to see her again when I'm finished work. What can I do from this far away in the meantime? I know this stuff is going through her head right now, especially when people she really trusts (i.e. her mom and her best friend) have planted some seeds of doubt in her mind. That's why I wanted to send the pictures for now. Thought it'd be better than just waiting to see if she's stilll bothered and will again say" we really need to talk". And we're not to the point where we've said "I love you". I think it's too soon for that. We have both said that we really like each other. So what would you suggest in this situation?

M.

P.S. I'm actually just back in my own town (about 2.5 hrs away from her) just for today, but then I'm heading back out of town either later tonight or early tomorrow morning. I had a few thoughts about just driving up to her unannounced, but I think that's a bit freaky.

mecca411

Don Juan
Reaction score
Just had a crazy thought...

She has a dance class today until about 4pm. I had a crazy thought that I might call up her mom while she's at the class and find out if she's got plans for dinner after the class. If she doesn't, maybe I should drive up and surpise her for dinner and bring alone a few pics of some friends and family. I know that she'd definitely be surpirsed. Just not sure if it'd be in a good or a bad way or if it just makes me look even more guilty. Does that sound like a good idea or is it just crazy or desperate?

Climax

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
-^ PeRfEcT ^-

ok...

1) If itis possible for you to go, then GO! A giel LOVES it when a guy does something like that for her. It will make her think " Did he come all this way just for me? woah! I MUST mean alot to him" (This applies in your current situation with HER, in general with just any chick, this does not apply, but in YOUR case it does. So if its possible, do it by all means! And when u see her try give her a small gift (Eg: a bunch of roses or some chocolates) :rolleyes:

2) If she is unable to see you, or you are unable to get there, then try sending her a bunch of flowers (to her house with a letter), any near flower shop should be able to do that... Trust me, when she see's the flowers there with a nice romantic letter from you, she wont be able to resist "loving" you.

If I were you, i would phone her mom and ask her about that dinner thing, but tell her NOT to tell your Girlfriend, suprise her. (most chicks like to be suprised)

A nice idea will be for her mom to tell her to get ready to go out somewhere special, but not tell her what the occasion is. Then when she is ready u turn up at her house with some flowers in your hand and the 2 of you go out for a nice dinner (preferably an upper class place with a romantic vibe).... she will be overjoyed by this.;)

Let us know how it goes...

Laterz...

mecca411

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've already dome the flowers thing on another occassion. Wouldnt it be enought for me to just show up and take her out to dinner?

mecca411

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm confused

aequitus, are you a girl? Do you really think showing up unplanned like that is a good idea? Or is it just making me look even more guilty? Also, should I bring a few pics of my parents and a few friends for her to see? Kinda confused about this whole thing because I know there are others here who would tell me not to go and to just wait it out or not go too much out of my way. I have to decide in the next few hours or so if I'm going to go up there.

Climax

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Well, put it this way, I speak from experiance, and in the past 6 years or so, i have had many experiances with every type of girl that u could think of. And what i gather from nearly ALL of them, was that chicks like to be suprised.

And about u looking "guilty".... All u need to say to her is that u were worried about her and seeing as though u were "in the area (make a little joke about that) u thought ud come over & take her out.:rolleyes:

About the photo's, yeah, take them along too, i see no harm in that.

You need to stop being so negative & thinking of the worste. Tonight is the night where u will be convincing her that she is the only one that u love / like alot / have strong feelings for and you will be taking those doughts OUT of her head. So even if at 1st glance she might think that u are doing it because u are feeling "guilty" after ur done with her tonight, that thought will quickly dissapear from her head. ;)

Also.. seeing her again will bring the 2of you closer again, because the truth is, is that when 2 ppl are seperated / dont see eachother for a long time they tend to drift, so seeing eachother again will make the 2 of u closer.

Well, i hope all goes well for ya:cool:

keep us posted.

Laterz...

Climax

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Welcome.