"The Coffee Shop Girl You Never Spoke To"

You've replayed it a hundred times. She stood three feet away, scrolling her phone. You had an opening. You composed the perfect line — after she was gone.

For all you know, she's married now. To some guy who said something. Anything.

Openers are cheap. Almost any sentence works when it's delivered within three seconds. The expensive part is the standing there, drafting and deleting, while the window quietly closes.

The "22 Rules" stripped out my hesitation. What to open with, how to keep it alive, and the one habit that costs guys more women than anything else: waiting for perfect.

Read more...

I dunno man

Joined
Jun 9, 2004
Messages
196
Reaction score
0
Age
37
Location
Sunny Isle Beach
I dont think i can ever feel llike I belong. I can never get the feeling of respect that I deserve from anyone. Today I was chillin with my friend that I smoke with every week. Cept today, we met another kid to smoke with. Im new at the whole smoking weed thing and they kept rankin on me because i cant inhale right or sum ****e. Not only that but I get the feeling that they dont really care much if im there, and i feel like they think im there lil *****. LIke i might get last on everything. orif theres 2 of sumthing i wont get. They dont respect me. I have this feeling from everyone. In school especially. In like my 5th period theres 5 kids who hate me. And for no reason either. I dont know what the hell I should do. I want the respect I deserve. I want to be the man I know I can be. I have all the things I need to be great but I cant for some reason. Not only that, but I look weird as hell. Glasses, large ass, and I mean its like, fat.Any suggestions?
 

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

NYC Dude

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 8, 2002
Messages
624
Reaction score
1
Location
New York City, USA
Either you're a dumbass, or you're a dumbass. You don't start with a great reputation, it is something you must build for yourself. Make yourself known, talk to people and befriend them. These kids that hate you, try to befriend them too. If there is really no reason to their hatred, they can be your friend or at least neutral with you. You have glasses, and that makes you look bad? Get contacts. You're fat? Work out fatty, how else are you supposed to look good? You say you work out already? Work out more and harder than, because obviously you're doing a pvssy job so far. Your weed smoking friends think you're second class? Fvck them, you don't need them. You don't want people to hate you, but you also can't be taking **** from people if they disrespect you. You're a MAN, you determine what other people think of you.

To sum it up: if you want respect, gain it. You can't just take a pill and make everyone like you, you have to work for it.
 

wcknightjr

Don Juan
Joined
May 26, 2004
Messages
137
Reaction score
0
Age
58
Location
Kansas City
I used to feel, and sometimes still do, the way you do. Thing is I've always been that kid that was kinda skinny and always practically asking to get his ass kicked. The thing that kakes it worse is the pot man. IF YOU KEEP SMOKING IT THINGS WILL GET WORSE. So if you can't stop doin it yourself, you have a problem and you have to get help for that. Smokin lots of pot is one of the quickest ways to become depressed. See what it does? It's helped you to feel like POTHEADS are more important than you. And for gods sake, if someone smaller than you says ****, BEAT HIS ASS! I gaurantee the next guy will think twice.

These may sound extreme, but they may just be necessary. And whenever you hear that submissive voice in your head pipe up, BIATCH SLAP IT!
 

Wacky-1

Don Juan
Joined
Aug 6, 2004
Messages
76
Reaction score
0
Location
Paradise
Smoke? SMOKE? SMOKE? And you expect people to respect you? And still be in good shape? With SMOKING? Honestly man, has the smoke gone to your head already? Nothing in life comes easy man, nothing! You wanna lose weight? You can't just whine, "Oh, I'm fat...help.." and expect all the fat to "magically go away". Don't like glasses? Change em to contacts man! There's no excuse for not being able to improve! Use your head, and you can come up with creative solutions to your problems. But do yourself a favour. Quit smoking. Do it. Get guidance or counselling or whatever, but stop it. It's not gonna help, and you're not getting any younger. IMPROVE YOURSELF in all aspects, looks, brains, brawn, social skills - and THEN people will respect and recognize you. I'm living proof of it man...I'm speaking for experience. But at least I had sense enough to smoke man... I want a healthy body, and I'm sure you do too. Improve yourself, and quit whining about your situation.
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

jonny football hero

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 1, 2003
Messages
705
Reaction score
1
Age
38
Location
!Robin Hood country, Uk!
I can never get the feeling of respect that I deserve from anyone
What you done to deserve it? If it's whining like this then no wonder no-one likes you. Just go and make yourself better.
 

Microphone Fiend

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 30, 2003
Messages
2,300
Reaction score
17
Location
Where I be at
you think too much.
You're 15, read some of Pook's posts on 'being a man' and get a hobby. For christs sake, have fun in life and stop worrying what people thinnk of you

Read some posts from the ATTITUDE section of the bible and the GET A BOOST UP section, you just need a lil pick me up
 

Jason17

Don Juan
Joined
Oct 22, 2004
Messages
16
Reaction score
0
Location
Utah
I used to know exactly how you feel. Three years ago I used to be very similar. I was a fatty, with huge glasses, no confidence, and I got no respect. I got tired of the bull**** and one day I decided I had had enough. So I worked my butt off (literally) to lose the weight, and to become better in every way. Sure, it took a while and it was extremely hard, but it was worth it. Now I'm skinny, good-looking, confidant, and I get an enormous amount of respect from my peers. If you want more respect you need to start having more confidence in yourself, you need to be more dominant, and you need to stop looking to others for approval.
 
Top