i dont have people to hang out with at lunch

suaveplayer

Don Juan
Reaction score
hey guys,

i have friends, but they are spread out all over the place and not a tight knit group like a lot of high school groups. however, whenever i eat lunch with my current lunch group (maybe 2 to 3 ppl i genuinely know and like out of 15), i feel really out of place. i just dont know if i should go around asking my buddies: hey where do you eat lunch? is that wat im supposed to do? i mean i feel like im currently only with this group because i dont have other options. please help me on how to better network with other ppl and find opportunities!

thx in advance

War Against Betaism

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There's nothing wrong with asking your friends where they eat lunch at. If they like you, they're not going to mind you asking. If they don't like you, they're going to mind, but why try to hang out with them if they don't like you? So it's sort of a win win situation.

Nivre

Don Juan
Reaction score
Or you could be the one to start to gather them together for lunch.

Punisha

Don Juan
Reaction score
kind of same thing here. I rarely feel in place when I go have lunch so I just go alone mind my on business and that's it.
But if you really wanna have someone to talk to during lunch try nicelife,Nivre or War Against Betaism tips.they are good and easy

Groovy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Me neither!! :D I could have gone to mac donalds today or something like that, but then again, the food there sucks ass! I prefer to carry my groove to cooler places, like for ex. HOME! Food is much better and healthyer for you.

And I have to walk like 20 minutes to home 20 minutes back to school... I always get all sweaty to school. :D

But then again, I'd MUCH MUCH rather do it like this. Just socialize at school.

Seriously tho, if you get your stuff together it's all cool. Just be good at school, people will start coming to you for help, etc. If you eat healthy or do exercise and have testosterone ( do this for your own health) go play football at school, I'm preety sure people are playing at the field. (If your school has one). That way you'll hang out with the guys who do exercise, form a football team, etc. These guys are always cool. At my school they're not so alpha, friendly, etc. Great fun! And you'll get your testosterone higher so girls will come to YOU!

That's what I'm doing basiclly, and it's been a lot of fun.

If not, hey, I'm sure you're not the only one who's always alone. Find someone else, then another one, another, etc. You'll form a group! :p

good luck man!

alphamailman

Don Juan
Reaction score
Sitting rinside @ the AFC Lightweight Championship
Yea, tell them to eat with you and stop skipping to get their sh**. Here in college, it's like a sin to go eat dinner on-campus by yourself, so if there is no one that will go with me, I have to get it to go. Lunch in some places is the same way.

suaveplayer

Don Juan
Reaction score
alphamailman said:
Yea, tell them to eat with you and stop skipping to get their sh**. Here in college, it's like a sin to go eat dinner on-campus by yourself, so if there is no one that will go with me, I have to get it to go. Lunch in some places is the same way.
really i thought in college this "i have to eat with someone or look like a loner" crap would be rooted out

Desert Fox

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
alphamailman said:
uhh wtf? I eat alone all the time.

And by all the time I mean 95% of the time unless I am going out to eat with friends.

Reasons for this include that fact that I wolf down my meals in 5-10 minutes flat...maybe 15 if it's a particularly large portion.

Yes, I admit I am consciously aware of other people eating together in groups and I am eating there all alone and stuff and yes I feel awkward, but I got sh1t to do and in a few minutes I'm basically done and out of there.

But its not just me, a lot of people in dining halls eat alone as well and that's cool. It's hard to tell really unless you REALLY look and REALLY care (most don't) because the lunch halls are all packed and people sit next to each other regardless.

If you are really in need of social support by eating with friends, well then go call up friends before every meal and go eat with them. Otherwise, suck it up, who gives a crap what people think. You will never meet them again anyways and they're shallow fvcks for thinking the fact that you eat alone automatically makes you a loser.

rh79

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah I have the same problem. On the first day I got to sit with all of my friends that I like, but then they all kinda dispersed and now im stuck with sitting next to people I'm only acquittance with.

FirstInstinct

Don Juan
Reaction score
What you can do is find more friends and diversify, and sometimes I'll find myself running into some guy I know at lunch period and just sit with them. That simple.

Or make friends in the class you have before lunch and go to lunch w/ them together.

suaveplayer

Don Juan
Reaction score
ahh good to know that im not alone.. keep the tips flowing!

ps.
do you guys generally hang out with a set group at lunch?
or is it mostly impormptu, hanging out with whoever