"You Can't Argue a Woman Into Liking You"

You made your case like a lawyer. Stable job. Good guy. Ready for something real. All true. All irrelevant.

She weighed your points, nodded along, felt nothing — then fell hard for some tattooed bartender with a motorcycle and a gambling problem.

Logic is where attraction goes to die. The "22 Rules" work a level deeper, on the subconscious switches that decide within minutes whether you register as a MAN or as part of the furniture.

Stop presenting evidence. Start flipping switches.

Read more...

i dont drink or smoke.

-.-

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Aug 4, 2004
Messages
231
Reaction score
0
Age
41
Location
manila, philippines
sorry if this is a bit o/t.. but damn.. when i went to the club with 5 girls last night.. i picked up a couple of girls from an exclusive nursing school.

took them to the club. 4 out of 5 of them girls smoked and drank. i really dont do either.

it was pretty hard being out of place and some of the girls ask why im such a "good boy"..

everyone in the clube smoked and drank.. i dunno if i should even come back.

tonigt im planning to go alone in this club/bar.. try to score on some chicks.. i dunno how it'll go.. is it wierd to be going to clubs and bars and NOT drink/smoke? everyone in doing it.. I just dont wanna smoke and drink.. I feel out of place. any suggestions and advice is great. thanks.
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

Walden

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 5, 2003
Messages
1,333
Reaction score
5
Location
New Zealand
The difference isn't intoxication it's the vibeof throwing yourse;f into having a good time. Buy a bottle of water , drop some herbals and have a blinder!
 

SirJLove

Don Juan
Joined
Sep 4, 2004
Messages
13
Reaction score
0
Age
44
Location
Lawrence, Kansas (KU)
I don't drink or smoke either, and half the time I say that they're like "wow that's really good." If they're just like "why?" in this shocked-condescending tone...they're not worth your time anyways. I say "I can have fun without it."
 

Dirtheart

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 18, 2004
Messages
952
Reaction score
1
Age
49
Location
UK
Me neither. I have been a non-drinker for over 5 years and I quit smoking a month ago, but that condescending attitude regarding me not drinking is really infuriating.

So, whenever someone uses that tone to ask me why I don't drink, I reply, "It makes you fat" in a very matter-of-fact way. They're not so eager to condescend me after that.
 

Omega

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 16, 2003
Messages
1,135
Reaction score
1
Age
38
Their testing you. Get them to question themselves. They ask you why your such a a 'good-boy', you respond with:

A) The longer I'm around, the more fun I'm going to have ;)

B) Cause I dont feel like destroying myself so early *grin*

The trick is flipping the table on them. Make them question their own actions instead of being so questionable of yours. Since this is in a club, after saying something I'd grin, walk off and start to dance with other girls.
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

Soma

Banned
Joined
Jun 17, 2004
Messages
499
Reaction score
0
Location
Bay Area, California
I bet you came off like you were apologetic for being sober and non-smoker. Your body language and facial expression and tone of voice said it all, even if your words didn't.

I don't drink, never have. I don't smoke, never have. I don't do drugs, never have. All my friends do one or more of each. It's not for me though. If you are cool with it and don't make excuses or apolgize or explain it, people will respest your choice. Just like anything else in life.
 

Jason#4

Don Juan
Joined
Nov 16, 2001
Messages
97
Reaction score
1
Location
USA
"It makes you fat"

haha I'm going to use that. I don't smoke but I drink like, once a year.
 

So Many Ways

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 19, 2004
Messages
791
Reaction score
2
Location
www.blackmenvent.com
All you need to do is say that you're the designated driver. I drink all the time but if I'm cheuffering people around, I'll just get some bottled water and when girls ask me why I'm not drinking, I'll just say that, after all it's the truth.
 

-.-

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Aug 4, 2004
Messages
231
Reaction score
0
Age
41
Location
manila, philippines
Originally posted by So Many Ways
All you need to do is say that you're the designated driver. I drink all the time but if I'm cheuffering people around, I'll just get some bottled water and when girls ask me why I'm not drinking, I'll just say that, after all it's the truth.
^ This is what I said because it's the truth too. After I said it, they discouraged me to drink.. + knowing i've only been driving for 3 weeks...
 

R3N3G4D3

Don Juan
Joined
Oct 21, 2003
Messages
141
Reaction score
0
Age
40
I don't smoke because that can cause permanent damage, however its alright to have some drinks at the party as long as you know when to stop yourself. I for example know that I can still think straight after 5, and I never drink more than that. Besides, drinking 1 drink per week actually helps decrease heart attack risk.
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

Dee-Zy

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 15, 2000
Messages
2,582
Reaction score
5
Age
42
Location
Montreal
You know there is nothing wrong with drinking right?

Anyways, I know a guy that doesn't drink or smoke because of his religion, but he clubs all the time. It's all a matter of perspective, you are still too insecure.

You need to work on that before you start talking about how to club or do cold pick ups.
 

akindofblue

Don Juan
Joined
Jun 8, 2003
Messages
84
Reaction score
1
Age
47
Location
Cali
Yeah, you're just not secure around yourself all the time. It's okay. I basically quit drinking after doing it in college. I still go out with college kids who drink, and I'll inevitably get the question.

If you know the person or feel like being an a$$, just drop the "because it makes you fat" line and give a big smile.

If not, play around with them and say, "So you're saying you need that stuff to have fun?" Maybe start boxing with them or something.

Alcohol really is pretty dumb. Lowers testosterone. Packs on the calories. Costs a lot of cash. It's fun every now and then, I guess, but I avoid have more than two drinks when I'm out.

And don't get me started on smoking...
 

static

Don Juan
Joined
Oct 31, 2003
Messages
141
Reaction score
0
Location
LA
There are so many other things that decrease the heart attack risk but don't carry the other adverse effects or risks of drinking. I don't consider that to be a good justication to drink. Why not just have an orange?

On other note, if you get caught up explaning to people why you don't drink, then they might take your responses ("Because it makes you fat" "because it's unhealthy" etc . ) to be offensive. In their opinion it is perfectly fine, and if you are the only one there in opposition, it's much harder to play it cool and not drink.
 

Squy

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 29, 2002
Messages
631
Reaction score
2
Age
43
Location
Carl Berner, Oslo
Alcohol is as "good" for your health as marihuana is. So technically in countries where they ban marihuana, they should also ban alcohol. They both kills braincells with the same rate. It's just because of the tradition thing, and the fact that regular people don't dare to open up or talk to the opposite sex unless they drank, that alcohol still is legal everywhere.
 

MrBond_Age

Don Juan
Joined
Sep 1, 2004
Messages
165
Reaction score
0
No you are wrong. If it did happen the people would overthrow the government or buy smuggled goods just like when cigarets were banned.
 

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

Squy

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 29, 2002
Messages
631
Reaction score
2
Age
43
Location
Carl Berner, Oslo
Well yes, that's some other reason for why alcohol isnt banned. I never said those thing I mentioned was the ONLY reason for why alcohol isnt banned.
 

MrBond_Age

Don Juan
Joined
Sep 1, 2004
Messages
165
Reaction score
0
Also, alchool isnt working the same way with your brain cell`s receptors as light drugs. Heavy drugs mostly burns cells and changes their receptor`s configuration so it accepts less bodily made bio-electronical transmettors and more drugs (hence the dependency).
 

que_est_suave

Don Juan
Joined
Sep 6, 2004
Messages
28
Reaction score
0
its probably worth lowering the alcohol intake IMO- i always find that I can't dance as well as i usually can when i drink, my mates tell me "you're dancing too fast!!!" which sucks cos i practice alot -secondly, i'm alot sharper and react quicker to eye contact and body language when i haven't been drinking - and as i have been working on my inner game, i find i can get the same effects, or closer to them, without it... so it gives me the edge in a club...

i dunnow anythin about smokin - i dont smoke, it just seems to make me feel ill for like 3 days after clubbing... that said in London i find waaaay more girls smoke in a club than guys... wassup with that?
 

AlwaysLearning

Don Juan
Joined
Sep 6, 2004
Messages
48
Reaction score
0
Age
45
Location
Bay Area, CA
First of all many people say it's way better to spit your game sober...

Secondly, if you don't want people to bother you about the drinking, you can go to the bar and get certain drinks that look alcoholic but really aren't. A buddy of mine does that since he doesn't drink.

Hope I've helped.
-AL
 

-.-

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Aug 4, 2004
Messages
231
Reaction score
0
Age
41
Location
manila, philippines
Originally posted by AlwaysLearning
First of all many people say it's way better to spit your game sober...

Secondly, if you don't want people to bother you about the drinking, you can go to the bar and get certain drinks that look alcoholic but really aren't. A buddy of mine does that since he doesn't drink.

Hope I've helped.
-AL
oh.. like apple cider or something hehe ill try that.
 

"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

Top