"You Can't Argue a Woman Into Liking You"

You made your case like a lawyer. Stable job. Good guy. Ready for something real. All true. All irrelevant.

She weighed your points, nodded along, felt nothing — then fell hard for some tattooed bartender with a motorcycle and a gambling problem.

Logic is where attraction goes to die. The "22 Rules" work a level deeper, on the subconscious switches that decide within minutes whether you register as a MAN or as part of the furniture.

Stop presenting evidence. Start flipping switches.

Read more...

I Do This Too Much

Ballistik

Don Juan
Joined
May 6, 2004
Messages
126
Reaction score
0
Age
39
Location
Alexandria, VA
Aight, I have a little problem when it comes to girls doing things I don't like. Yesterday, for example, I was talking online with a girl I went to a movie with last Saturday, and all of a sudden she stops talking, then a moment later goes "Oh, fvck." Naturally, I want to know what's going on, and she says she had just looked at pictures of her and her ex (broke up a couple months ago) and it brought back some bad memories. I thought for a moment and simply said calmly that I had other things to be doing and went away.

Couple hours later, I come back, and she starts talking like nothing happened. I said that in the future she shouldn't decide that anytime we're having a convo is a good time to look up pics of the ex. She said she had been going through a big collection of photos to find a specific one for a friend, and some of hte ex were mixed in there. Fair enough. I said something along the lines of "Alright, but I don't want to spend time talking to a girl if she's gonna suddenly be staring at pictures of her ex." Silence for a while, then I leave to watch Game 7 of Detroit/New Jersey (Pistons kicked ass, by the way).

My problem is that I don't really know how to lay down the law and let a girl know I don't like something without seeming pissed off and making everything awkward. Obviously I don't want to just let her get away with it, but I don't want a few forced sentences and silence for the rest of the night, either. Any suggestions?

Oh, and if you're gonna post something like "Dude, she obviously doesn't give a sh!t about you, NEXT her," don't bother posting. This applies to more than this one girl, and I'm getting tired of hearing that response to every little problem anyways.....
 

"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

deeloo

Don Juan
Joined
Dec 2, 2002
Messages
167
Reaction score
0
uh what the ufck?

is she your gf? Well it seems to me that she isnt. Then she can do whatever the **** she wants.. and this is online am i correct? She's not just talking to YOU, she's prolly talking to like 10 other ppl and she's prolly sippin on scotch and watching TV while she's doing it. Face the reality, when you're talking online, it's very different. You won't be the first priority unless she's a loser and has nobody else to talk to. If this was on the phone then you probably have the rights to tell her not to do that, but for god sake this is ONLINE.. have you ever HAD an online conversation? You don't have to go "bye" to go afk, you can do stuff all the time..

you prolly blew all your chances with her when you told her not to do that.. shows you're insecure and weir.d
 

JSH

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 20, 2003
Messages
1,088
Reaction score
0
Age
39
Location
London
deelo, she was playin with him, in the middle of a convo she stoops talking and then says something (he doesnt even say where r u). The only reason you say oh **** is because you want someone else to question whats wrong, she said oh **** directly to him, if it was a web cam talk and it had come out indirectly it would be alright. However, she made a conscious decision to inflict it on him.











Roll with the punches
 

Ballistik

Don Juan
Joined
May 6, 2004
Messages
126
Reaction score
0
Age
39
Location
Alexandria, VA
Originally posted by deeloo
uh what the ufck?

is she your gf? Well it seems to me that she isnt. Then she can do whatever the **** she wants.. and this is online am i correct? She's not just talking to YOU, she's prolly talking to like 10 other ppl and she's prolly sippin on scotch and watching TV while she's doing it. Face the reality, when you're talking online, it's very different. You won't be the first priority unless she's a loser and has nobody else to talk to. If this was on the phone then you probably have the rights to tell her not to do that, but for god sake this is ONLINE.. have you ever HAD an online conversation? You don't have to go "bye" to go afk, you can do stuff all the time..

you prolly blew all your chances with her when you told her not to do that.. shows you're insecure and weir.d
Wow, you obviously have no idea what the hell either you or I am talking about.
 

xblitz44x

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 10, 2002
Messages
1,606
Reaction score
13
Age
46
You can't 'lay down the law' without looking like a jackass. If she's looking at pictures of her ex while she is talking to you, and getting all choked up over it, then she's not ready to move on to another relationship. You can try to step in there and be Mr. Alpha Male but you're going to look extremely insecure.

I'd ignore it and let her do her thing. Apparently you don't want to move on past this one, even though you know you probably should. So just hang in there, and act the same as if it didn't happen. If she wants to be with you, she will. "Laying down the law" or whatever you're trying to do is only going to push her further away.
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

Ballistik

Don Juan
Joined
May 6, 2004
Messages
126
Reaction score
0
Age
39
Location
Alexandria, VA
Ugh, wow. Guess I have to go into ridiculous detail to get a response that's not either telling me what a dumbass I am or explaining why I shouldn't waste my time with her because of one incident. I'll try to make it short.

I've known this girl for about two weeks. Went on the date, made out a lot, she's hounded me to talk every day, I've had three of her friends tell me she won't stop talking about me, and the past three days in a row she's asked me the question "What happens if I really like you?" before finally just up and saying that she does yesterday (not that it wasn't obvious, I just joked around with her every time she asked it to leave her wondering).

I'm not concerned about her not being interested in me.

I'm simply looking for a few good ways to show/tell a girl that something she did ain't kosher without it creating unnecessary tension. I'm sure we've all had experiences with this before. Hopefully not everyone here immediately nexts a girl every time they have a tiny dispute.
 

*new*

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jun 7, 2002
Messages
336
Reaction score
0
I don't know the situation, but sometimes insecure chicks pull tricks like these to make you jealous.
In every relationship, there comes that x problem. I generally tell them that i have no intention of knowing about the xes
 

deeloo

Don Juan
Joined
Dec 2, 2002
Messages
167
Reaction score
0
if you can't take our opinion, then why posting the question?

again, it's an online conversation, people are free to do whatever they like during the conversation. you can't expect her to focus 100% on you. And furthermore, you said you told her that you don't want to "spend time talking to a girl if she suddenly looks at her ex's photo". Uh, from what it looks like, the only way that you could be offended is if she's the only person you were talkin to online, and if that's the case, you're a loser for giving this girl so much of your time in the first place. If you were talking in person then yeah it would be alright, but you're on the computer, and you could be doing other stuff.. So the problem is not how to lay down the law, the problem is to stop being a loser.
 

Hollowpoint

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 28, 2004
Messages
593
Reaction score
0
I have nothing to say regarding laying down the law or being alpha here, just my personal empathetic knowledge.


She mentions something bad.....on IM, ignore it.
Find some funny/cool news article and send it to her, hilighting certain parts of it that stand out.

If she tells you what she was looking at, recommend firmly but gently to her (can you even do this online?) that she should take out the old negative memories and gather them all up and burn them. Tell her this symbolises the death of the old and start of a new. Which YOU are the new and improved.

(Though finding out what IS wrong with her will help in the future with you possibly making the same mistake or saying or doing the same thing.)

Trust me I've dealt with people like this, got a lot of baggage and they don't know what to do with it. Tell them to focus on the future, THE FUTURE!!!!!
 

Trance

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 23, 2004
Messages
590
Reaction score
0
Age
45
Location
Portugal
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by deeloo
uh what the ufck?

is she your gf? Well it seems to me that she isnt. Then she can do whatever the **** she wants.. and this is online am i correct? She's not just talking to YOU, she's prolly talking to like 10 other ppl and she's prolly sippin on scotch and watching TV while she's doing it. Face the reality, when you're talking online, it's very different. You won't be the first priority unless she's a loser and has nobody else to talk to. If this was on the phone then you probably have the rights to tell her not to do that, but for god sake this is ONLINE.. have you ever HAD an online conversation? You don't have to go "bye" to go afk, you can do stuff all the time..

you prolly blew all your chances with her when you told her not to do that.. shows you're insecure and weir.d
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by Ballistik
Wow, you obviously have no idea what the hell either you or I am talking about.
It was a good coment, i see it pretty much the same way, its the way it happens when u're talking on msn, what's the big deal?
 

“The 22 Rules That Flip the Script With Women… And How You Can Use Them Tonight”

Most guys accidentally kill attraction before they even speak. They assume they need a bigger bank account, a better physique, or smoother lines. They miss the point.

Female desire operates on a specific set of psychological triggers.  Break them, and you're invisible. Follow them, and you become magnetic.

I learned this the hard way. Years of freezing up. Getting friend-zoned. Watching other guys walk away with the girl I wanted. Then I discovered a set of 22 simple rules that rewired my entire approach.

Read more...

Ballistik

Don Juan
Joined
May 6, 2004
Messages
126
Reaction score
0
Age
39
Location
Alexandria, VA
A good comment? He's trying to educate me on how to talk to girls online when I'm already more than skilled in that area, questions the way I think about all of it when he has no idea what the situation was, misread some of what I wrote, then he decides to throw in a few little insults as well. Yeah, good comment. I know I sure as heck got a lot from it. :rolleyes:

Hey, Deeloo, your advice sucks. You must not have anything better to do with your time than give really sucky advice on the internet. Wow, that makes you a total loser. Obviously you need to stop being a total loser before you can give advice to other people.

Pissed that I'm jumping to all sorts of conclusions? Yeah, now you get it.



On the other hand, Hollow here has actually posted something useful in response. Thank you, Hollow. You had a couple good suggestions there. New might be onto something to, though with this girl I doubt she'd be pulling that. I haven't noticed her using any sort of mind games so far.
 

deeloo

Don Juan
Joined
Dec 2, 2002
Messages
167
Reaction score
0
LOL

Hollow basically said the same thing: What she did is NOT a big deal and you don't need to go all dramatic over it. He just put it nicer.

He's trying to educate me on how to talk to girls online when I'm already more than skilled in that area
Apparently not! Especially when you automatically put "online" with "girls"
 

Hollowpoint

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 28, 2004
Messages
593
Reaction score
0
I still can't get over people calling me "Hollowpoint."

PM me if you want to add me on MSN Messenger.
 

Ballistik

Don Juan
Joined
May 6, 2004
Messages
126
Reaction score
0
Age
39
Location
Alexandria, VA
Originally posted by deeloo
LOL

Hollow basically said the same thing: What she did is NOT a big deal and you don't need to go all dramatic over it. He just put it nicer.
Did I say it was a big deal? I don't recall writing that once. You're assuming things, once again. Good job.

Apparently not! Especially when you automatically put "online" with "girls"
Apparently not? Don't get into a history contest with me, bro. And I have no idea what you mean by the "automatically put 'online' with 'girls'" comment, seeing as we're talking about a convo with a girl I had online. I can only assume that you, once again, misunderstood what I said. No surprise there.
 

Seraph

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Nov 9, 2003
Messages
206
Reaction score
0
Age
41
Location
Va
Ballistik, why are you even bickerring with him? If you don't like his advice or someone else's, fine. Denying all advice except what you want to hear is not the correct way to getting help. Arguing solves nothing.
 

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

Ballistik

Don Juan
Joined
May 6, 2004
Messages
126
Reaction score
0
Age
39
Location
Alexandria, VA
"Stop being a loser" is not advice.
 

DEKKA

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 16, 2003
Messages
526
Reaction score
0
Location
SOCAL
ok man heres the deal.
she was playin a little game the point of which i don't really care.

the point you should be worried about is not caring either. by showing/telling her your disapproval she knows she's gettin to you in some way. remember, under no circumstances does jealousy or the appearance therof help anything.

indifference is by far the key.

what i would have done would be to give her a short glance and go about my business (not giving precious attention to things i don't give a sh!t about)

think about it this way. do you really give a jet-powered flying sh!t about what she has to comment about a pic of one of her exes? maybe you do, but i sure as hell wouldn't. thus, if you really don't care or care to listen to things like that then act like you don't care or care to listen to things like that. be real. don't pay attention or give validity to things you don't want to be an issue.

attention is probably the one power a man has to give and take at his will. use that and you should see powerful changes in your relationships. attention is a beautiful thing when used properly.

good luck playa

-J
 

MindOverMatter

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 21, 2004
Messages
1,887
Reaction score
12
ok.

If she mentions her boyfriend on a date, break eye contact, look absentmindedly somewhere else (as if you're not listening), then change the conversation topic, and resume eyecontact. This is a way of letting her know that you are not interested in talking about past relationships without making a big deal out of it and looking like a jealous type.

If she mentions her bf over phone or chat, do what Hollow said. If on phone, pretend you didn't hear it and mention something funny you just saw on tv or in person (if you didn't see anything funny make something up). If she mentions him on chat, ignore it, send her a link (one of these articles is great: http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=index2&cid=757) and change the subject.

However, your main mistake is using these modes of communication. You're still in the early stage of a relationship. you should only be using phones to make plans, and you should not be using chat programs at all. Sitting on your ass and chatting with her over the net makes you look like less of a challange. Remember, you want this girl to think you're a prize to be won, you want to make her pursue you. The less time you spend talking to her outside of dates, the more she will look forward to them.

Back to your problem. If she only mentions her ex-bf once, do one of the above, and be happy because you just passed a jealosy test.

However if she keeps bringing him up, then it is obvious this girl has problems getting over her past relationship. you can't solve these for her, only she can. Your next course of action should be to break it off with her. You're there to have fun, not be her therapist.
 

blienk

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 4, 2003
Messages
543
Reaction score
0
Getting pissed off about the ex shows nothing but insecurity on your part...She was probably testing you to see if you would get jealous, and you failed miserably. Just act like you couldn't give a sh*t less and eventually she'll stop talking about him.
 

AMF

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Sep 5, 2003
Messages
461
Reaction score
1
Age
43
Originally posted by MindOverMatter
ok.

If she mentions her boyfriend on a date, break eye contact, look absentmindedly somewhere else (as if you're not listening), then change the conversation topic, and resume eyecontact. This is a way of letting her know that you are not interested in talking about past relationships without making a big deal out of it and looking like a jealous type.
Like it. Mature.
 

"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

Top