I did it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MyNameIsTaken

Don Juan
Reaction score
I did it. I really did it. I approached that chick for the first time, I ****ed up real bad, but I did it. I could've sworn I could feel my balls turn to cold steel afterwards, but boy was it a disaster. So here's how it went:

Me and a friend of mine went up to the chick, and he said: "hey, don't I know you?" I think she said "no". Then went on some jibber jabber, then he said "anyways, this is my friend, (my name)". Of course being me, I ****ed it all up by saying "hi" then, "what's up?". Then I think there was a confusing pause that felt like an hour, then we walked off. :down:

So as you can see, it didn't go to smoothly. Not only did I not get her name, but the whole conversation itself was a disaster. But my God did it feel good. While I didn't do it all by myself, I know I'm overcoming the fear of approaching.

But the problem is my conversation skills. Also I think she acted a little snobby which is not good. I don't know if I can somehow make a comeback or what, or if I just ****ed it up beyond repair.

I seriously need some advice of how I can say something so amazingly awesome that it'll fix everything. :confused:

Also, I'm no longer gonna post bull**** on the forum, :)D ) so please take me off your ignore list lol.

And please no jokes, this is serious. :woo:

Fitch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't falter.

Don't be a "nice guy."

"Just do it." (nike)

As you become more comfortable, you will have more and more ideas on approaches, how to communicate, etc.

Only when your nervous, you worry about how you act and look. But, when you are comfortable, thoughts flow.

This is why it's so easy to talk to girls who you are not interested in. This is why those conversations are successful.

EDIT: Good job; for taking the first step. The hardest step will be to do it alone. Do it. Then you are truly on your way to becoming a DJ.

MyNameIsTaken

Don Juan
Reaction score
But what the hell kind of comeback should I have? Something like:

"Hey, sorry about yesterday, my friend can't talk to women. Anyways, what's your name?"

Or something?

I just don't understand why I can't ****ing say something! I'm not nervous or shy, I just can't talk, or think! God damn it!

chill

Don Juan
Reaction score
everything will get better with time. the more you approach, the more confident you get, and things get better from there. try approaching a group of girls you dont like and try it out so that you dont ruin your self with girls you do like.

MyNameIsTaken

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by chill
everything will get better with time. the more you approach, the more confident you get, and things get better from there. try approaching a group of girls you dont like and try it out so that you dont ruin your self with girls you do like.
Wha?! You mean my chances with that one chick are ruined? :eek: :down:

Oh well, she's just practice.

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I guess this means I can take you off my ignore list now :)

saminex

Don Juan
Reaction score
forget about that girl shes done. first impression is everything and u messed up. Now that you grew some balls chase some other tail, you now see that girls arent the end all and be all, if they reject you the world will not explode.

So keep on keeping on!

MyNameIsTaken

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by saminex
forget about that girl shes done. first impression is everything and u messed up. Now that you grew some balls chase some other tail, you now see that girls arent the end all and be all, if they reject you the world will not explode.

So keep on keeping on!
Dude, it actually feels incredibly awesome and relieving to know that lol. I think my problem is "oneitis" (or however the hell you spell it).

Bling

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by MyNameIsTaken
Dude, it actually feels incredibly awesome and relieving to know that lol. I think my problem is "oneitis" (or however the hell you spell it).
Well if it's one-itis, you're going to be dying over this for months. You're going to convince yourself that you didn't like her, but you'll still have strong feelings for her. It's going to suck that you have no chance. But hey man, be proud that you talked. We're all proud of you.

Fitch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by MyNameIsTaken
But what the hell kind of comeback should I have? Something like:

"Hey, sorry about yesterday, my friend can't talk to women. Anyways, what's your name?"

Or something?

I just don't understand why I can't ****ing say something! I'm not nervous or shy, I just can't talk, or think! God damn it!
Be spontanious. Don't make a check-list of things to say. When an oppurtune moment arises, you will know. When the moment arises, TAKE ACTION.

MyNameIsTaken

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Bling
Well if it's one-itis, you're going to be dying over this for months. You're going to convince yourself that you didn't like her, but you'll still have strong feelings for her. It's going to suck that you have no chance. But hey man, be proud that you talked. We're all proud of you.
Ah ****, I'm already starting to feel the pain lol... I'll get over it soon enough. I may even write a song about this. :cool:

saminex

Don Juan
Reaction score
How did u do it??? You didnt do anything your friend did all the work. We should be applaufding your friend not you. You just made things awkward, but i will applaud you if you approach her alone, by yourself.

SomeRandomGuy

Don Juan
Reaction score
*Charges Gun with explosive ammo*
Oh.....you did it? OH....well that changes everything.*Hides gun*

Well...next time do it without a friend.....and do it like your not waiting anything in return. Also I think it can still be saved....first impression is important but just like a nice guy can eventually be hated so can a hated guy be loved.

Oh and......GOOD JOB!!....you get a purple star:D

Also......GOOD LUCK NEXT TIME!:up:

NOTE: Don’t let the girl get to your head. Also don’t fight it,......it makes it worst, all you’ll be doing is keeping her in your mind. Just accept that you liked her and that there are way better girls out there(believe me...going all the way to your childhood how many girls have you ever said "Wow ill never find one like that again" or "She’s the one" well....guess what....seriously count how many times you have said something resembling those lines).

Nexxus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
when I read the thread I thought you meant you had you first sex... (i still virgin too :)

anyway try approachin someone by yaself will help ya

MyNameIsTaken

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by SomeRandomGuy
Just accept that you liked her and that there are way better girls out there(believe me...going all the way to your childhood how many girls have you ever said "Wow ill never find one like that again" or "She’s the one" well....guess what....seriously count how many times you have said something resembling those lines).
Lol. I've said that to myself a LOT of times...

So you really think my chances aren't all gone? Well then how the hell am I gonna save it? What's my awesome comeback? If I can barely approach a chick, how the hell am I supposed to get a good impression by one?

MyNameIsTaken

Don Juan
Reaction score
Pathetic enough, she's a seventh grader and I'm a ninth. Why in the **** should I be afraid of her? These seventh graders are really starting to piss me off, they act as if they're hotstuff, when they're only wannabes. It's just stupid.

MyNameIsTaken

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Nexxus
OK... why are you trying to "save" it afterall as you said she's a ho
Because I like her "look". :D :cool:

I don't know lol, there was this one time when I saw her, and I thought "wow, I like her". She isn't even the hottest girl in the school, or one of the hottest. I just got that instant attraction. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.