Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

I did it!!!!!!!!

Guitar_Whizz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I posted a few days ago about being down because I couldn't find the nerve to approach girls. Well that changed today...I went to the library, and there was a cute blonde there (about an 8/10 in looks). Well it took me a while to convince myself to approach, I eventually used the 3 second rule properly, and I went up and said 'hi', the convo continued like this:-

(Me: 'Hi')
Her: 'Hi'
Me: 'I was just thinking of a way to start a conversation with you, are you friendly??'
Her: 'Most of the time yes'
Me: 'Cool'

I then sat down next to her where she was reading, and asked her what books she was reading, and then the conversation flowed nice n easily. She was 17, in college and quite shy, but very open to talking to me. I realised that girls generally do expect the guy to approach, but will happily talk after you've approached (ok not ALL girls will talk but you gotta just next any rejections). I didn't go for the number or email because basically all I wanted to do was get used to approaching and making conversation, but I now feel much better because I've got over the first hurdle and it should be easier for me to approach girls now. Next I want to get used to number/email closes, but I feel I've achieved something today.
Onward to a great future......

killerasp

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
HAHAHHAHAHAHAH. That was the best line ever. Im suprised that it worked. Let me add it to my list of one liners. heheheee

Foreigner

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Guitar_Whizz:
Me: 'I was just thinking of a way to start a conversation with you, are you friendly??'
ROFLMAO, that was great...

Keep it up Guitar_Whizz!

~Foreigner.

------------------
"We must become the change we want to see." --Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi
"Whatever you can do, or dream, you can begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it." --Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
"Life is a witty riddle, so why not have some fun solving it?" --Foreigner

[This message has been edited by Foreigner (edited 08-08-2002).]

SexPDX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good job on the approach, now keep doing it! BTW, great opener. Mind if I borrow it here and there?

Nick

------------------
- The performer known as Nick

Pimp For A Living

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Very good, my friend.

------------------
Pimp For A Living
"Pimpin' them hoes since God only knows..."

Paradox

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What a line! Classy DJ pickup. Congrats.

Rev

Banned
Reaction score
That a boy! Keep it up!

Girls are funny that way. They just sit there hoping you'll approach. Sometimes I can see it in their eyes and body language that they are anticipating my approach. They may get nervious or try to mentally prepare and if I just walk right by, they act embarrassed. I see it all the time. If I say something to her she responds almost before I even say it. They light up and smile and say something back as if they were ready any second. It's Hi-larious. This is less true in bars though.

[This message has been edited by Rev (edited 08-09-2002).]

Reaction score
Well Played, ps is there a thread anywhere about pick up lines,if not someone should start one. Also if there is could someone post the link to thi thread please. Sorry for the inconvienience

Don_juan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good work, now just keep taking it one step further. Great line, I like it. If you said it with confidence, then it comes off great. If it were said really nervously then be careful she won't think you have any confidence. Great line though, and good work!

Now see.... was that so hard?

Guitar_Whizz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses guys. I've realised it's not so hard after all. Just gotta push through the nerves and you're fine.
I now must keep practicing this, I wonder what you guys would recommend next... I'm thinking of keeping practicing making conversation with girls for the next week or so, in various places (not just library), then after that week I'll start going for number/email closes.

W

wheelin&dealin

Guitar_Whizz,

You've achieved the hardest part. Now for the easy part, getting the number.

While you are talking to her, judge her interest level in you. If it is high then go for the number, if it is low then don't bother. If you are unsure whether she is into you or not, go for the number anyways.

I recommend talking to her for about 2-5 minutes then at a high point in the convo say, "I've gotta get going so why don't you write down your number for me".

It will probably work like a charm and if not, who care's? Move on to the next chick.

[This message has been edited by wheelin&dealin (edited 08-10-2002).]

~xXx~

Don Juan
Reaction score
dude, thats the best line I've ever seen.
Why? because its so versatile and can be used in almost every situation. I'm going to use it at college next month. Good work mate!

Now hit these chicks up for the digits. Once talking to them, getting their # is the easiest part.

sneaker

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
moved to success stories.... where u will recieve 2 more replies!

Ledoyen

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Guitar_Whizz:
I was just thinking of a way to start a conversation with you, are you friendly??'
man, that's a great opener!!

any swedish guys in here who can help me translate it to swedish so that it will sound just as good? ("Jag funderade nyss på ett bra sätt at starta ett samtal med dig, är du vänlig?") that sounds so gay, any sugestions!?

Awkward

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I was just thinking of a way to start a conversation with you, are you friendly??'

Rejält bögigt..

ehm.. "Funderade på lite sätt och starta ett samtal med dig. Är du trevli?"

Nja, fortfarande lite halvgay, "konversation" låter så tillgjort. "samtal" låter mesigt.