Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

I can't stop molesting my face with my razor every time I shave!!

Ronny_Neumonic II

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok ever since I switched from disposables to a mach 3, every single time I shave I cut my face to bits. As far as I know I'm shaving right...I mean, in the last few days I've even been trying all those shaving tips from sosuave but none of them are making any sort of difference. I've tried shaving lots of different ways but I still end up with the same cuts and stuff.

Any ideas??

Charisma

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Take a warm bath/shower, then and only then shave. YOu will have no problems I think. And use shaving gel of course. Mach3's are very good, so it should work. Oh and of course don't shave over acne or something, it's normal that it gets ripped open then..

WaterTiger

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Are you pressing down hard or jerking the razor quickly across your skin? That could cause nicks as well.

If nothing else try using olive oil to shave with instead of foam. You'll have to wash your face to get it off, but it works.

We Irish folks have sensitive skin anyway!:cool:

Shiftkey

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Get an electric razor! I had the same problem with Mach 3 and other straight edge razors. When I switched to an electric razor I couldn't believe ANYONE would want to use anything but an electric razor. Some people say they don't give a close shave, but I've gotten closer shaves than when I used a Mach 3. Nay sayers probably bought the cheapest electric razor they could find.

Ronny_Neumonic II

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies guys.

I've tried to warm shower idea before and it didn't really help much...and I definitely wont be covering my face in olive oil :p

I was also thinking about the electric razor option and I suppose I'll have to at least give it a try, because these shaves I've been having with the mach 3 have been terrible

Charisma

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My entire 'under-the chin' area gets raped by an electric one, it's plain horror, a normal one works better.

~UnDisputed~

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
if you are going to use a disposable razor use those nice ones that have that comfort strip on them.

one thing i do is moisturize my face before.

try lotion or even your after shave...before you shave. that should keep your skin from being dry...creating less of a chance for cuts

Ronny_Neumonic II

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah I tried an electric one today and I must say it really doesn't suit my skin type...My face felt a bit stingy after it...

I'm gonna try moisturizing though cause it makes a lot of sense. Cheers undisputed :D

Big Pimpin'

Don Juan
Reaction score
I heard that Mach 3 has 3 razors so your more likely to cut yourself with it. Go back to the 2 razor disposables.

Shiftkey

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah I tried an electric one today and I must say it really doesn't suit my skin type...My face felt a bit stingy after it...
I should've mentioned this before... It actually tugs on your hair a little bit when it cuts to get as close as possible. Especially on the 3 circle ones. That's what the stinging comes from. If you use the electric razor for a couple of weeks you get used to it. Also make sure you're shaving with the grain completely before going against the grain.

Ronny_Neumonic II

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Shiftkey
Also make sure you're shaving with the grain completely before going against the grain.
???

jaybeezi

Don Juan
Reaction score
I used disposables for a long time and they worked great,then I got a Mach 3 and always cut myself, I dont use it anymore, I got a really nice electric razor, felt that stinging like crazy, and again went back to the disposables which still work great.

I shave in the shower, with the hot water and the steam it helps alot.

California Love

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ronny_Neumonic II
???
He means to go with the direction of the hair follicles first before going the opposite direction. The opposite direction, usually upwards, takes away the hard to get stubs.

Ronny_Neumonic II

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ah right. Thanks for all the responses!