Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

I Cant Get No Sleep!

Boricua_33015

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My biological clock is really fvcked up. My body is used to going to bed at 4 or 5 in the morning and waking up at 1 or 2 in the afternoon. I cant do this anymore. I want to start going to bed early and wake up early in the morning everyday so I can jog for 15 minutes. I tried last nit. I went to bed around 12:30 and I actually fell asleep at around 4:45. My clock is set to wake me up at 5. I woke up and I was like "what tha f*ck I got no sleep! I got no energy to do this now". So I went back to sleep and woke up at 2 the in the afternoon to type this.

Anyone have any methods or any remedies to get my bio-clock back to normal??

daniel

Don Juan
Reaction score
Nope, but I have the same problem.. I really need to change that, as I'll be serving the military in less than a month... I don't think I'm allowed to sleep all day there :)

PiNkMaGGiT

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have this problem also, except not as severe. I can't get to sleep til about 1.30 or so. And I have no idea on how to fix it. I've tried a few times.... like I thought maybe if I go to bed progressively 20 minutes before I'm used to every night, then my body will slowly adjust to my new sleeping habits, but it doesn't seem to work like that. I'll find that I'm just lyin in bed for a longer period of time unable to sleep.

I've tried everything to help me sleep, meditation, fragrances you name it. I even tried some of that valerian forte which did a tiny bit to make me drowsy but didn't really help me sleep. Plus I felt like a zombie hte next day. I exercise every day and am a generally busy person so it's not like I have too much energy or anything to not sleep.

It's a toughie this one. It seems that there is nothing that will get you to sleep if you're biological clock or whatever it is doesn't want you to be sleeping. Anybody else got any suggestions?

Paul Owen

Don Juan
Reaction score
Have the same thing, hence am writing this at two thirty in the morning.

I guess we are er....... just night people.

So a possible remedy would be to forget about seeking any normal employment and take to the streets at night feasting on the blood of *****s and vagrants. At least that is what I intend to do.

drixsa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i used to be like everyone above

heres how i changed it

I stopped drinking pop COMPLETELY!
-i was up to 3 cans a day and i had way too much caffenine in my diet

I did not have any meals after 6pm(when i was going to bed at 10pm
-by giving myself enough time to digest the food i was satisfied before bed and it helps to do that to lose weight

I had milk 30minutes before bed
-If you have warmed milk (in the microwave for 30sec) b4 bed it makes you a little tired and is good for your body. Expecially if you are lifting

I made it a rule to get 10hrs of sleep a nite
-espcially as a teenager you really need sleep, sometimes i would leve HW unfinished or go to school late in order to do so, but i was and still am a better,more enjoyable person for doing so

I read for 30minutes before bed
-by doing this your eyes get tiredas oppose to watching TV or playin on the computer

I do nothing on my bed but sleep( and maybe hookup;) )
-When all you do on your bed is sleep your body knows whats supposed to do when you lie on your bed. IM telin you it works

I stretch before bed
-The worst thing is wakin up in the middle of the night with a bad leg cramp, also it helps you to relax your muscles.

I do not get excited before bed
-I think of the goals that i am trying to accomplish for myself the next day ad for the future but if you get too *excited* it can be quite hard to get yourself in a sleepy mood

I take ZMA
-ZMA is a safe supplement for people who weight lift. It increases your testosterone. It also can put you into a deeper sleep and can give you quite interesting dreams.

I drink Teas such as kava kava, chamomile, and valerian
-These teas will not make you tired if you take them in the day but what they do is put you into a deeper sleep when you go to sleep.

wow im actually tired from writing all that

good nite:)

Boricua_33015

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
yes, very good.....

now this one tip

I do not get excited before bed
-I think of the goals that i am trying to accomplish for myself the next day ad for the future but if you get too *excited* it can be quite hard to get yourself in a sleepy mood

its a good tip, but its the one I have the most problem with. Im always fantasizing and thinking about the future and goals when I go to bed. Sometimes I would go on thinking about them for hours only to find out that it isnt helping me sleep at all. I have trouble clearing my mind for some reason. And then when I stop thinking about these things, then something else occupies my mind. Most of the time its a song that I was listening to tthat day. Seriously, songs will NEVER clear out of my head, it will keep repeating and repeating in my head till I hear a new song to get stuck in my head.

Its kind of hard. I wish I had a switch that I could just turn off my thoughts whenever I wanted to.

Any ideas?

drixsa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
music can be tough

are u listening to it before bed?
-if so stop

dont think too hard

jus chill, relax, keep your eyes closed, but dont force em shut

get into your comfortable place on your bed.

let the songs come and go but dont focus on em

the more you try to get em out the more they will stay

jus relax i know it is hard but try thinkin about nothing

sometimes i just imagine an empty park. with grass and hills

(its a childhood memory of mine)

CONAN

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi,
Surely you dont think that you can immediately change from one regime to another as easily as that!
You need to adjust your body gradually, try going to bed half an hour earlier for a week, then another half an hour the next week.
Continue this until you are retiring at your required time,
you need to adjust gradually,
Regards
C

Turalyon999

Don Juan
Reaction score
I used to have a job, where I would go in a 4:30, and get off around 1:00. Needless to say, I didn't have much time to hang out with friends(especially since most of them had the same job.)

the secret to getting back onto a normal sleep schedule is staying up for an entire day. Since school is out now(in most places anyway.) Just stay up for an entire day, Force yourself to stay awake until you get to your target time(10:30, 11:00, whatever)

this is the quickest way to readjust your internal clock.

Turalyon999

Don Juan
Reaction score
that's what I just said

Microphone Fiend

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
it might not be good for your body for a day, but one m,ethod i used to do was go one day with very little or no sleep, so that my body would by hungry for sleep come 12:30am or whatever time you want it. YOu will be grumpy for a day, but you will start to fall into a schedule.