Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

I Can’t Stick to my Fricking Diet! What Should I Do?

metalwater

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nick, it can be done. you will have to decide if you will choose to do it. Several of the men will have ways that work, choose one.

“do or do not, there is no try.” - yoda...

When I started to wake from the life long slumber I found myself about 20-kilo overweight. I was the right weight if it was muscle, but it was visceral fat. looks like hell and only to wear very loose clothing as a normal fit looked like hell. this was not what I always had, it came from having financial success and enjoying booze. the calorie intake from booze is crazy and destroys other useful stuff in the body.

When I decided to fix it I took the yoda approach, or actually, I like the Mr Miyagi version better " Either you karate do, yes. Or karate do no. You do karate do “guess so”, squish, just like grape. It's funny and corny.. but it is what it is. You can do it, and you should.

What I did was start running sprints. jog about 100 to 150 meters and then run all out for about 100 meters, then walk for about 100 meters and do it again. do it until failure. I fell a few times and hurt my hamstrings but healed and continued. I think it took 3 or 6 months to complete the change. maybe after 3 months it was already not falling or hurting anymore and felt GOOD. Only every other day, I tried to do it every day but my body could not, as that was when I got hurt or fell. During this time, NO booze, no junk food, only water, vegetables, meat, fruit, and protein, well and rice... I did lifting also, but the big-ticket item was running the sprints. It will take you far less time to do sprints than to just jog or run the same effort.

When my abbs became flat and then defined it got noticed. From inside, I would wake hungry sometimes and drink another protein because I was not sleeping well. I could notice a little tiny fat at my stomach before sleep and then in the morning, it would be gone.

Since then I have returned to eating more normally and a few drinks. Weight and fat stay stable now, I continue to run and lift but nothing like before. for me, I really needed that hard-core change-up.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yo brodie.

Just came to this site to tap in and see how you were.

Didn't read the full post but I wanna say congrats on your progress!

My man said "My friend takes me out to a Mexican dinner as thanks for helping them move: over my calories because I didn’t plan for that. I’m visiting with my family and they order takeout: over my calories. I get bought shots/beer at my album release party and it would be rude to turn that person down: over my calories. I get a “you up” text from one of the girls I’m banging, and we have some shots and drink some wine while hanging out to make the seduction smoother."

I see you bruv. Just want to acknowledge the progress you've made on multiple fronts in your life! Keep going!

Quick thoughts on diet:
-adherence is half the battle
-check out barbell medicine diet advice, search 'barbell medicine diet layering'
-tracking calories probably isn't necessary
-avoiding cake/shots/Mexican food or whatever tf else probably isn't necessary
-moderation is everything
-if it's in your means, consider purchasing a meal plan (peep beastmodejones website for meal plans, ~$30?), or a nutrition coach to make your meal plan. Having a coach for my weight programming helped take my mind off thinking about if what I was doing was good enough or going to work and I could just do it. Helps adherence

godspeed
Hey man, it's great to see you again!

I appreciate it. I'm trying the best I can out here, but I have so much further that I want to go. You know I'll keep it up!

Completely agree on adherence, btw. One pet peeve I have with fitness YouTube is that people get caught up in this battle of "oh, this isn't optimal." What people should be worried about, is if you can adhere to the diet or not. Because if you can't adhere to it, then the diet is completely useless, even if it is "optimal." That's why I had to throw that 5-6 small meals a day and being super obsessed about clean eating out the window. That's very difficult to adhere to. I've found that putting the fork down and adhering to the diet is damn near effortless with the Kinobody approach.

I've heard that Barbell Medicine is a great resource. Renaissance Periodization is great too. I'd be interested in following some of their programs when I want to get insanely strong. At the moment, I'm following the Athlean-X programs.

Moderation is totally key on stuff like alcohol and eating out. Totally agree with that. Kinobody talks about that a lot too, because you want to have both the lifestyle and adonis body.

I disagree with you on the tracking calories though. I absolutely think you need to track, or at least guesstimate everything that you are eating. It's one of the ultimate tools so that you can control how your body looks. I just kept failing and failing and failing until I began tracking everything that I put in my mouth. So for me at least, counting calories changed everything.

Beastmodejones is dope. I didn't know he still did plans and what not. He's built a lot of muscle/strength and has been pretty damn shredded too. I don't think I'd want to attempt any of those crazy dirty bulks that he does though :lol:

jimwho

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When I decided to fix it I took the yoda approach, or actually, I like the Mr Miyagi version better " Either you karate do, yes. Or karate do no. You do karate do “guess so”, squish, just like grape. It's funny and corny.. but it is what it is. You can do it, and you should.

What I did was start running sprints. jog about 100 to 150 meters and then run all out for about 100 meters, then walk for about 100 meters and do it again. do it until failure. I fell a few times and hurt my hamstrings but healed and continued. I think it took 3 or 6 months to complete the change. maybe after 3 months it was already not falling or hurting anymore and felt GOOD. Only every other day, I tried to do it every day but my body could not, as that was when I got hurt or fell. During this time, NO booze, no junk food, only water, vegetables, meat, fruit, and protein, well and rice... I did lifting also, but the big-ticket item was running the sprints. It will take you far less time to do sprints than to just jog or run the same effort.
This this this: The Miyagi crap is classic truth! For sprints (wore out knee's) I did single speed mountain biking, still do. You have to charge up the trails to crest each rise, heart rate up & down often. Good stuff Water.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nick, it can be done. you will have to decide if you will choose to do it. Several of the men will have ways that work, choose one.

When I started to wake from the life long slumber I found myself about 20-kilo overweight. I was the right weight if it was muscle, but it was visceral fat. looks like hell and only to wear very loose clothing as a normal fit looked like hell. this was not what I always had, it came from having financial success and enjoying booze. the calorie intake from booze is crazy and destroys other useful stuff in the body.

When my abbs became flat and then defined it got noticed. From inside, I would wake hungry sometimes and drink another protein because I was not sleeping well. I could notice a little tiny fat at my stomach before sleep and then in the morning, it would be gone.

Since then I have returned to eating more normally and a few drinks. Weight and fat stay stable now, I continue to run and lift but nothing like before. for me, I really needed that hard-core change-up.
Great post. I agree with a ton of this.

First and foremost, alcohol will absolutely destroy any chance you have of getting in good shape. It’s the anti-gainz.

I completely agree with this. I used to think that drinking more alcohol would improve my quality of life. But it was actually making it way worse, because it made it literally impossible to progress in my cut. And then I couldn’t have the body I wanted, which made me sad and reduced my quality of life.

I completely agree with you on drinking in moderation. That’s the only way you can do it and still reach your fitness goals. Also, what helped me is saying that the drinking has to be PLANNED at least half a day or a day in advance. That way, I can make room in my macros for it. None of that spontaneous drinking, that is a great way to completely screw over your diet.

That’s some wisdom with the Mr. Miyagi right there.

And yeah, cardio is one of the greatest tools in your Arsenal. I never understood why some guys are just like “I don’t do cardio.” Of course you can’t out train a sh*tty diet, but cardio can make cutting way more enjoyable because it gives you more room to work with.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Also, meant to say that the Edward Newgate profile pic is epic. One Piece is the sh*t.