Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

I am empty (help me get a hobby)

tehtank

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey there fellowes.
I havent been here in ages, but here i am.

My current problem is that of myself.
I currently lack a hobby.
I honestly think its rather odd...no hobby at all.
I am also the laziest besh ever.

I got my ass outta the house yesterday to the bookstore to see if anything could inspire me. (8pm on a saturday during spring break, but i did stuff last saturday with my homies, other than that i read a massive book for an english assignment.)

Some ebay mags, also some uplifting dj books
(think and grow rich, make friends and influence people...etc....)
were all that caught my eye.

Ebay, as some may know, is extremely better for those that take their hobby and profit from it.....but I HAVE NONE!

I feel as though my mind is in a mess, a mental confusion. I gotta get my grades up, i gotta get ready for finding a college (17 junior), but no passion for anything in life = no idea where to go for college.

I also need a way to make some monies to pursue whatever it is I want to accomplish (whatever hobby or thing i want to do) Guitar lessons cannot be had at this moment without it. This is why ebay interests me.

I gotta get things sorted before i can apply anything from the bible or whatever.

^^^^So....^^^^
1) What do YOU DO?
2) what can i do hobbywise or otherwise?
3) money?
4) college advice?
5) How can i stop being a lazy ass mother? What motivates YOU?
I got no motivation as of yet.
6) anything else?

THX PEOPLES!

also do you recommend just goin out to the nearest mall-type place by meself and just picking up girls? I probably need a wing, but how can i get a wing that wont be a critisizing jerk?

Anyone live in ARIZONA?

hardrockfan

Don Juan
Reaction score
You don't need a wing - in fact, I find people that are wings usually hold you back. As for the mall, you should go out to "pick up girls" wherever you feel the most comfortable. If that place is the mall, then by all means. Besides, having a wingman usually screams "desperation" to women - a trait that you definately do not want women to EVER suspect.

As for me, my hobby is computer (internet) programming and design. But your hobby should be OUTSIDE of picking up women. Use it to enhance yourself. Do whatever makes you feel fulfilled or inspired. What do you find yourself doing when you are bored? Obviously you like to go out with friends. Where do you like to go? Focus on where and what you do, and you've got your hobby.

Money - Sorry, can't help you there. Most jobs at 17 suck (I know). Mine doesn't but, well, I kind of got lucky. Just get any job. Wal-mart or something. Anything retail will help you apply DJ principles.

tehtank

Don Juan
Reaction score
ok good wing advice, but that will have to come later.
I also program: PHP HTML CSS etc.....
I was going to completely learn linux :crazy:
I own the site www.insanechaos.com (but it is a complete failure as of yet)
Funny...because its not ''targeted''....just like me, i dont have a passion to put into website form

I need a hobby other than the computers, It takes massive amounts of time out of my life (all i do is play counterstrike or program). I do hang out, but not nearly as much as sophmore year because everyone has grown apart due to class changes and such.

I enjoy funny and cool shows. Southpark, Drawn together, standup, mythbusters, whatever....

I need something that can get me outta the house for little or no money, or something that will earn me money.

And yes, i used to work at circuit city, but got laid off for being "seasonal".
Im more interested in ecommerce or ebay or smallbusiness.

Things for me to consider, but havent gotten to do yet:::
Guitar (have one but never use :cry: )
Bodybuilding (own a bowflex, approve yes?)
Paintballing (want to try, i do play counterstrike)
Running....like track, but for myself
Reading Dj books and such (bible, others in tangible form)

Anyone got college advice or advice on how to stop being a lazy beish?

tehtank

Don Juan
Reaction score
Also, I need a cell phone.....havent had one ever.
Im told its pretty important.....

My friend said hed actually give me his old one if I could find out if Verizon has pay-as-you-go...? (thats the play i want)
Does it?

How bad do i need a cellphone? Pretty bad huh?

Exo

Don Juan
Reaction score
You dont have cell :s I'd say it is prety important. Go for a pre-paid package though (keeps the bills in check). Also avoid anything made by siemens(except maybe the M series), horid batery and they tend to jam up every now and then.

adit

Don Juan
Reaction score
You own a guitar but you dont play it?Go to www.ultimate-guitar.com

You can learn a lot of guitaring from there,I practically learnt all my basics from there.Right now,I play in a band called 'Simple Self Destruction',though it's not paying me yet,its really fun.

Bodybuilding.Amazing.Start it today.I've been lifting for 9 months and its amazing.Builds a lot of confidence.

You can have any hobby,even if its spider collecting.Its great to have any kind of hobby,it surely keeps you interested.

Money.Hmmm..Why don't you look for a job?It's as simple as that.Get a job,and pay for everything you want.I work at my gym,it really pays well and gives me a discount on my current membership.It's a great place to meet girls also,though that shouldnt be your primary objective.

College.You have to have good grades before you can get into a college of your choice.There is an excellent aeronautical school in Arizona,though I've forgotten the name.You may want to go for a state school,it doesnt cost much but gives you the degree you need.

There are a lot of things to do.You will be lazy only if you want to remain lazy.But find a passion and things will be great.I was at a gloomy part of life an year and a half or an year ago.Things were really crap back then for me.I lost all my friends (they all moved to another city),I gained a lot of fat due to 'lack of excercise',my grades were falling,and I was losing my self-respect.

I started lifting weights.Made a band.Changed my whole lifestyle.Today I'm in the top 10 students of the grade.You should really do something,if you mess these years up you probably won't have much of a good life later on.It's time to build character.

Cheers!

TheNewGuy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I program as well (PHP, VB, XHTML, CSS, etc.) and have recently made the move to robotics. You can get some pretty cheap kits nowadays (I can think of a few crappy ones under $100, decent ones are $150-$250) that basically give you everything you need to get started. I know the VEX robotics kit (sold at Radioshack) is 50% off now, at $150. You get a programming kit for $40, otherwise you can only use pre-defined commands =/

It's fun, it's interesting and it's a hugely lucrative career opportunity. Plus when girls ask you what you do in your spare time and you say "I build robots." it kinda sets you apart from the AFC "Uhhh not much... watch TV" response.

http://vexlabs.com/

Potbelly

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What do I do?

1. Bodybuilding - sorta...lol. I lift 3 times a week and once you get into it, you will start to love it and become drawn into getting more and more results. It's fun to push yourself and see how far you can go.

2. Tennis - this is my main form of cardio and it's a great way to meet people and girls. I don't play as much as I used to, but if you have money, go take some lessons and meet new people that way. Otherwise, meet people on the court.

3. Guitar - yea ultimate-guitar.com is where I learned a lot of the stuff I know as well. 30 minutes-1 hour per day will be good enough for you to develop some callouses. Otherwise it will hurt to play on steel string guitars. I am saving up for an electric and amp. This is good to know and if you see a guitar in public or when you're with friends, hey you got something to do and show ppl.

4. Piano - just what my parents got me into as a kid, but I love it now and once again, if you just see a piano somewhere and whip out the skills people will be like "wtf you can play?"

5. Read - it's good to be well read and I definitely have a long ass list of books I want to read regarding finances, life, motivation, self-discipline, faith, and politics. I suggest making a list and start chipping away at it.

6. PHONES - yes I have a phone because I am fortunate enough to come from a family where my parents trust me with a phone. I barely use any minutes, but here's the deal: Verizon has that prepaid stuff. If you want a cooler looking phone, go to T-Mobile and you can get the prepaid Motorola Razr (i heard some stuff on CNN about recalling these due to poor reception...might be just a rumor). I'm with Sprint right now, but I don't know if they have prepaid phones.

7. Computer - I used to be a big counter-strike addict, but if you fill your life with these hobbies I listed, you'll lose interest quickly and won't even have time for it. Just find some stuff you enjoy. Maybe you like photoshopping?

If you wanna learn something new that is good too. For example, I wanted to learn how to play the guitar so I picked that up and now it's almost been 1 year and I know a few songs.

madseason

Don Juan
Reaction score
I highly recommend getting into guitar, drums, or some kind of instrument.

elmo

Don Juan
Reaction score
learn some russian. learn russian and it will be easy to pick up just about any of the other slavic tongues. it will introduce you to an entirely different world.

plus, a few weeks in russia or ukraine will make you never want to look at another western girl for as long as you live.

Potbelly

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ThatDude said:
Thanks for the guitar site, u guys got any for pianos?
naw I took piano lessons. Just go to sam ash or some place and buy piano books.

SynapsyS

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok, things I do:

Bass Guitar - Man I love just picking it up and chillin out with it. Seriously, though, if you can practise and become good enough, playing for a ladyfriend is a winner, everytime. Plus, musicians are cool.

Photography - Not like your standard goth black and white morbid photography, I do a lot of conceptual stuff, anti-emo, advertising practise, etc. Again, music and arts are great.

Warhammer - This is a really sort of...weird one. It's incredibly expensive, but probably the most creative thing possible, apart from actual art (canvas painting). It just keeps me creative and thinking. Arts and music :)

Bodyboarding: Have to have a sport of some sort to keep you active and out of the house. This I do a lot for fitness as well, because it tires you out real quick in large swell. Also, added bonuses of being able to sarge in the water with the girls who bb.

Squash: Again, more for general aerobic exercise.

Obviously, it's different for everyone. But musical instruments, especially guitar (acoustic), are GREAT ways for wooing your girl even further. Plus, if you're say, at a party, and the host has an acoustic, if you pick it up and start chillin out on it, you INSTANTLY become the coolest person in the room. No joke.

Motivation? That's a hard one. You just have to want to be the best at whatever you do, no matter how unrealistic that is.

Syn.

i am me

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
lots of stuff u can do man. play a sport, work out, play an instrument, etc. wutever u do, make sure u balance everything so u get the rite amount of physical, mental, and social activity in a day. when ur motivated u feel alot more confident and it shows so get busy

tehtank

Don Juan
Reaction score
thanks fellows.
Good stuff, will take that into consideration.

What i will do.----
Photoshop (pretty decent)
guitar (thx for site)
bodybuild (got protein and creatine on my desk....but no motivation :woo: )
Track-type thing for myself
Read

More suggestions would be welcome. :)

UPDATE: got cellphone :p
what do you do when you finally get one?
Say "omg I finally got a phone, whats your number man/girl!!!"
lol thats wut im gonna do.

Nzo

Don Juan
Reaction score
Learning another launguage actually does sound like a good idea, atleast ill be doing something that will come in handy later instead of watching TV or playing video games

dannowillbookem

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
'tehtank' you sound kinda familiar. meh maybe not.

anyways, dont think so much. really you act like its rocket science when its just finding something that interests you. sports are good, working out great, video games not bad, music fantastic, but really its just what appeals to you.

but really you have to do somethign to get testosterone pumping. workout/sports will get that man hormone in you and give you confidence.

renigebdj

Reaction score
u may get interested in becoming a glider pilot wich is my current hobby(it's what i wanted since i was a child, to fly...so)...or u meight try skydive'ing wich i am eager to try next year..this if there is an aeroclub near u or u feel attracted by this stuff... it will be owsome...

PS: must work on my english :D