I am an Idiot/Story

HaveNoClue

Don Juan
Reaction score
Okay, my story and it's a big one for me as I've never experienced anything like this before.

Back in 2006 I started a YouTube account to start making videos and I caught the eye of a gal who started messaging me. We'll call her B. B was 24 and a single mom and lived in Florida while I was 36, divorced (for a couple years at that time) and generally was not looking for anything when I met her and lived in Montana.

B and I hit it off pretty good. We exchanged phone numbers and started chatting via MSN. We also started playing online games together. This was August. B was always uplifting and complimenting me about different things. She would send me random love notes and emails and that sort of thing. She would often tell me how my wife made a huge mistake when she left me.

As time passed Oct. 2006 rolled around and we were chatting/calling everyday and doing lots of online stuff together. It got to the point where we decided I should fly down to FL and we should meet.

By Oct. 22nd of that year I was going to go down but she wanted to talk to her little boy and make sure he was okay with it. The next day she flaked. She said she wasn't sure if I should come down because her little boy thought I would take her away from him. And then she had a list of things she should be doing instead of starting a new relationship with me and that we would have to part ways.

I asked her to reconsider and she said no. I didn't hear from her for a little while.

The first weekend of November she messaged me how much she missed me and loved me and she couldn't be with out me.

The same thing happened again. We got really close and by my birthday (Feb.) in 2007 I was ready to fly down again. She flaked again and it wasn't a good time to come down as her dad was having medical problems. This time she didn't tell me we'd have to go our own ways and we continued communicating.

Something else I need to add here. In December of 2006 she told me she had lost her cell phone so she had them stop the number. I believed her. She said she hated phones anyway. As the weeks passed she got a new phone and I asked if I could have the number. She said maybe and was coy about it. Through out the rest of the time I've known her I never did get another phone number.

Through out 2007 B and I spent a lot of time together and she had a cancer scare in July where she had to have surgery. It was ovarian cancer. I was "there" for her whenever she needed me. I was too damn happy to have her as a "potential" girlfriend. Also, we would spend a lot of time talking about the future and planning a life together. Where we would live.

Fall of 2007 she told me she had been accepted into Colorado State University (CSU) and that she wanted to move to Fort Collins so she could be closer to me. I was stoked. Fort Collins is like seven hours from me by car. We'd talked about me moving down in the spring of 2008.

She come online one day in Feb/March of 2008 and said she was in Colorado looking for land to build a house and checking things out for school. I was stoked. I asked her if she wanted me to come down and help. She said no. I didn't hear from her for a few weeks but then she said she and her son had went on a road trip an hinted that they had gone to Canada. I was shocked. In order to go to Canada from Colorado via road they'd have to go through Billings, MT where I live. I asked why they didn't stop. She said that they didn't have time on the way up. So I suggested that they stop by on their way down and I'd take them to dinner, my treat. She said that she would talk to her son about it and see.

A few days later she was back in Tampa again. I asked her why they didn't stop and say hi. She said that her son didn't want to. I was shocked and pissed. I don't know how many times she has told me she loves me and how much she cares for me. How could she not stop and say hi when they drove through my own town, twice? I let things be but I was upset.

Eventually she moved to Colorado and still I was stoked. She had a house built in Fort Collins. We started chatting as she got ready for school. But she started meeting new people and we had kind of a "break up" where she told me all the stuff we'd talked about for our future wasn't true and she was never the girl for me. Of course I was devastated and heart broken. I'd argued and pleaded with her to reconsider (bad idea, I know) but that was that.

That happened through the summer of 2008 but she would always come on line and wanted to chat with me. So we would chat and play games on MSN and I would always wait and hope she would change her mind.

The September rolled around and we had a bit of a heated argument (online) and she stormed off. I was pissed to so I didn't care. That was on Sept. 15th a Monday. I didn't hear from her until the 19th (a Friday) and she dropped a bombshell on me. The cancer had come back and spread and she only had a few weeks to a month to live. I was devastated.

For the next month I would be there when ever she needed someone to talk to. However, there were a couple strange things that happened. When she broke the news she told me that she didn't want to talk about it when I asked how long and that her brother who had flown in from Florida when this happened, we'll call him R, had talked to the docs and knew how long she had and what her situation was. Apparently he had thought it important enough to call her parents and they were going to fly in the next week. Again she wanted me to come down and get married to her so she could die married to me and be happy. I was willing to do this as I wanted to get married to her all along and I'd do anything for her last wishes. Of course the next day those plans fell through.

She told me when her parents came she had a big fight with them and they flew back to Florida the next day. This sounded really strange to me. The other thing was that she sent her brother home about two weeks after he'd gotten there. I asked her who would take care of her and wasn't he worried that she might relapse. She informed me that he didn't know anything and she'd been keeping it all a secret from him. I told her that she'd told me that he knew everything and she'd not talked to the doctor. Completely opposite of what she told me. She said that she'd been lying to a lot of people lately. She also said she was going to stop treatment too.

HaveNoClue

Don Juan
Reaction score
Now, when she told me she was dying she told me not to tell anybody at all and I agreed to because I would do anything for her and especially honor her last wishes. She also told me she was telling only a few people (including me) and that even her friends in Florida weren't to know. I thought it was strange but I said okay. She said she wasn't telling her bro who was in the army because she didn't want to effect his army training. Inside I thought, who the hell is dying and doesn't tell family?

B did live past October and, as a matter of fact, went on a field trip with her sons class as a chaperone. Apparently they went to Colorado Springs on some sort of fossil hunt. She told me they had to hike a mile up in the mountains to get to the site. Are you kidding me? Four weeks ago she could barely get to the computer to sit and chat for a few minutes and now she is hiking in the mountains of Colorado. I know how high the mountains get and even healthy people who aren't used to the altitude get their asses handed to them when they try to climb in those heights. I was getting very suspicious of her sickness but still I gave her the benefit of the doubt.

Halloween rolled around and she told me she was going to a party with some of her classmates. Again, this raised some more red flags but I accepted it. Why should I not believe her? Later that night she comes back all bummed and guilty. She had ended up sleeping with some guy. I was furious? Why I asked her? She told me I didn't want to know. She told me she kept wishing she would die and not have to deal with it. Looking back at this it's easy to see where I made so many mistakes but at the time I was caught up in the emotion of her being sick and wanting to do anything to make her life comfortable before she died.

November came and she started canceling all her online accounts. MySpace, YouTube and the like. This really bummed me out because it was the only way we really communicated other than MSN. She also flew to Florida for Thanksgiving despite being about to die.

December came and went and was uneventful. We chatted online and played games online.

At the beginning of January 2009 she came online one day and started pleading with me to come down and be with her as she was so lonely. In a way I blew her off because I thought it would be more of the same. She'd invite me, I'd accept and then she'd flake. I told her I'd be more than happy to come down but I never heard anything else from her. She was also worried because it was her son's birthday that month and his Grandma and ex-husband were coming to visit. She also told me her brother R was coming back to help her out again and was excited about that.

I didn't hear from her for over a week when her brother got online (using her account) and told me that B had been rushed to the hospital. He said this thing was beatable and I should come down as maybe she would listen to me and listen to the doc. I was worried again and said I would come down but I need for her to give me an address or a phone number so I know where to go when I get there. He asked if we'd never met in person and I said yeah, never. He thought that was strange but never said much after that. A few days later he told me that B had come home and said hi. She was on the phone and couldn't talk to me.

The following few weeks I didn't hear much from her as it was the time when her son's grandma and her ex-husband were there to visit.

Then I didn't hear from her for another week. Finally her bro came online and said she was rushed to the hospital and was in a coma. They'd flown her from Denver to Iowa to treat her. Iowa! The next day he wrote and said she'd be back Friday. This would be February 6th. When Friday did roll around she got on and talked to me for about 45 minutes. She said she was weak and that she had all her family their visiting her. She said she felt different, strange. She also said that this might be the last time we would communicate together. Again I panicked and was worried about her. I asked questions but she'd give no answers. She said she'd have to go as she was too weak to talk.

The next day I logged on to MSN and someone got on her account claiming to be her mom. She said B was in a bad way and very weak but she cared for me and wanted me to know that. I asked how she was doing and the reply was, "i don't think you fully understand the circumstance".

Regardless of what she typed I was in full panic and scared mode. I decided then and there I was going to go down and say goodbye to her in person but I didn't know where she lived. So I went to the Fort Collins appraiser website to look her deed up so I could get the address. It wasn't there. She didn't exist in Fort Collins as a property owner. So I called up CSU as she said that she would be allowed to graduate in December because she was so close to graduating when she got sick. CSU didn't know who she was and she didn't exist in their databases. I emailed her saying I wanted to come down and say goodbye to her in person but I don't know where she lives and the public records in Fort Collins say you don't live there.

Now I'm really confused. Here is this girl I care about, even love, and I get this message she is dying but I cannot go and see her. So I talked to my mom about it and she asked if me if I wanted her to see if she could find her. My mom works in a law office. I said sure but we only have her name to go off of. Her maiden and married name.

After some digging my mom called me saying they found an address for her in Denver that was current. Better yet there was a phone number attached so I got the info. I was overjoyed. I could call her and wish her well. I called the number and get her ex-husband. After a brief conversation I find out that they are still married and according to him she is quite well and healthy. He told me she had moved to Colorado to go to school.

I was shocked. I couldn't believe what was going on. So I emailed her asking about what was going on. This was Feb. 11th. Almost on cue her brother came onto her account and started accusing me of being a stalker. He said she was still sick and her family was laughing at me and they thought I was "loco". He would answer no question. He woulds state that I was a "loco" and a "stalker". His words. I tried to explain everything but he wouldn't listen. Kept saying, "I don't care" and that she was mad at me. Shortly after that I was kicked from MSN so I tried to email her but all my mail bounced back as undeliverable. Now I have no way to contact her.

Now it's Friday the 13th and I haven't talked to anybody in two days. I don't know if she really is sick or not or if she really is married or not because she didn't want to talk to me about it. I can only guess she got caught in a huge lie and lashed out at me. I don't know.

I don't hate her and right now, the way I feel, I'd still be her friend. I just want to know what's going on. And, if she is dying of cancer I'd hate for her to die to hating my guts.

So, I'm leaving her alone. I'm trying to forget about her and our two and a half years together. Even though I summarized our relationship we did have a lot of fun and candid moments so I feel on some level she did feel something for me. I just hate that it ended this way.

So, the question is; what do I do now?

scribblec

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
did you actually meet her in real life or was everything done online? if so you are probably the biggest idiot ever. why would you let yourself fall this deep inlove when you have never even met this person?

HaveNoClue

Don Juan
Reaction score
scribblec said:
did you actually meet her in real life or was everything done online? if so you are probably the biggest idiot ever. why would you let yourself fall this deep inlove when you have never even met this person?
No we did not meet in real life and yes, I do feel like the biggest idiot ever.

I'm not an expert at relationships and I tend to be very trusting. Gullible perhaps. I don't have all the rules memorized and until a few years ago I didn't realize there were rules. When I was in High School and as a young adult there were always the guys who got the girls and the guys who didn't. I usually fell in line with the guys who didn't.

To fall for her so hard with out ever meeting her was obviously a very big mistake and I can look back and see that clearly. I don't know why I fell so hard for her. I put her on a pedestal and it was a mistake. I do see that now. Hindsight is 20/20.

I'm going to be honest and frank about this. I really do miss doing stuff online with her. Even though it seems like she was playing me I miss the companionship and the fact we had a lot of fun together when we chatted on line and such. I would have loved for things to go further and us meet but I was foolish and didn't know what I was doing.

HaveNoClue

Don Juan
Reaction score
DonS said:
This has to be a troll. No human being on earth, not even the biggest AFC X 10 would put up with that.

Nope, not a troll. I'm honestly been that duped.

yuppaz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You need to look at your life and realize that you are so desperate for attention and so lonely that you would fall for this garbage. You should sign up for the gym, work out a lot, eat healthy, read the DJ bible and realize what it means to be a man and re-read your post about what you did and see why in so many ways it exudes desperation, then turn off the f*cking computer and start meeting people etc. Start feeling and acting like a man (a GOOD man), start loving your life because it is so full of interests and joy and purpose, THEN you will meet women that are worth being with and you will meet them in real life.

Cash

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I can't believe i just read all that.

HaveNoClue

Don Juan
Reaction score
Cash said:
I can't believe i just read all that.
Okay, I didn't post that all to become some sort of iconic loser creature that you guys have never seen before. I didn't think I was that abnormal or that much of an anomoly among people out there.

I think yuppaz has hit the nail on the head as to what I need to do.

Maybe it was a mistake to post that. I was just looking for what I should do next.

If anybody knew me in real life they would know that I am pretty gregarious and outgoing. I just happened to fall for something that was apparently too good to be true and got reeled in hook, line and sinker.

I am not perfect.

Cash

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
No offence intended. It was a long read.

Sounds like a very messed up woman on a power trip. Beware of the internet.

yuppaz gives good advice.

Good luck.

HaveNoClue

Don Juan
Reaction score
Cash said:
No offence intended. It was a long read.
Yeah, it is kinda long. The final stuff happened a couple days ago so I'm still on the emotional bit of a breakup. I think I'm channeling that.

Anyway, no offense taken and sorry about the long post/read.

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
HaveNoClue said:
No we did not meet in real life and yes, I do feel like the biggest idiot ever.
WAAHAHAHA! :crackup: You should put this in your original post. It needs this punchline. This is the funniest sh*t I have read in a long time.

And why do you think you feel that way?

I'm not an expert at relationships and I tend to be very trusting. Gullible perhaps. I don't have all the rules memorized and until a few years ago I didn't realize there were rules.
There are no rules. Guidelines. For example, when you want to be seen as an a-hole its suggested you do all sorts of mean things. When you want to be seen as a nice person, do nice things for people, when you want to be seen as an ultra chode, do what you did. Guidelines baby. Guidelines.

To fall for her so hard with out ever meeting her was obviously a very big mistake and I can look back and see that clearly. I don't know why I fell so hard for her. I put her on a pedestal and it was a mistake. I do see that now. Hindsight is 20/20.

I'm going to be honest and frank about this. I really do miss doing stuff online with her. Even though it seems like she was playing me I miss the companionship and the fact we had a lot of fun together when we chatted on line and such. I would have loved for things to go further and us meet but I was foolish and didn't know what I was doing.
Dude. Its the internet. I can tell you I'm a talking giant green corn stalk but does that make it true? Do you realize how pathetic it is to 'fall' for someone online? If you're that lonely, get a dog or something.

BTW, how many months after her supposed expiration date did you realize you have been duped?

HaveNoClue

Don Juan
Reaction score
I see I've officially become the laughing stock here.

Alle_Gory said:
WAAHAHAHA! :crackup: You should put this in your original post. It needs this punchline. This is the funniest sh*t I have read in a long time.

And why do you think you feel that way?
I think it's obvious why I feel like an idiot. I'm also glad I can provide so much humor and entertainment for you.

Alle_Gory said:
There are no rules. Guidelines. For example, when you want to be seen as an a-hole its suggested you do all sorts of mean things. When you want to be seen as a nice person, do nice things for people, when you want to be seen as an ultra chode, do what you did. Guidelines baby. Guidelines.
I see and I'm still learning. This information would have been very useful for me before everything happened but again I didn't realize that there were guidelines.

Alle_Gory said:
Dude. Its the internet. I can tell you I'm a talking giant green corn stalk but does that make it true? Do you realize how pathetic it is to 'fall' for someone online? If you're that lonely, get a dog or something.

BTW, how many months after her supposed expiration date did you realize you have been duped?
I understand that about the internet. And only lately it's been re-enforced home to the detriment of myself.

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
HaveNoClue said:
I see I've officially become the laughing stock here.
Your doing.

I think it's obvious why I feel like an idiot. I'm also glad I can provide so much humor and entertainment for you.
Thank you. Your doing again.

I see and I'm still learning. This information would have been very useful for me before everything happened but again I didn't realize that there were guidelines.
There's guidelines to everything. There are no 'rules' per se.

I understand that about the internet. And only lately it's been re-enforced home to the detriment of myself.
Dude. Its not just that. People lie ALL THE TIME. You just need to stop being gullible. I really hope you don't have kids. If you do, now is a good time to learn proper things to teach them.

I won't lie to you, you're probably seen as the biggest fool here on sosuave.net. But you can also change that to be the sharpest person here. Its really up to you and how much you are going to sacrifice.

You have to give up a piece of yourself to move forward. The naivety must go.

HaveNoClue

Don Juan
Reaction score
DonS said:
Bro, don't take offense. I respect you for having the guts to come here and post what you did.

Well, if you're man enough to lay it out there like you did, then you are man enough to make the changes needed to rebuild your confidence and masculinity.

Do what yuppaz said. If you really commit to it you will start noticing great changes in a couple weeks.
Thank you, I appreciate it. Moving on is what I'm trying to do. I simply got tired of moping around the house with the "why me" attitude all day. So, I came here for the next step. Everybody here pretty much seems like they know what's going on and what they are doing.

Also, I have no hard feelings to the guys who are hard on me. I didn't realize how bad off I was. It certainly has been an eye opener.

Again, thanks for the kind words.

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
HaveNoClue said:
Also, I have no hard feelings to the guys who are hard on me. I didn't realize how bad off I was. It certainly has been an eye opener.
Might want to stick to the mature man forum. Learning curve is steeper and you get more mature and developed answers. Good read at least.

HaveNoClue

Don Juan
Reaction score
Alle_Gory said:
Might want to stick to the mature man forum. Learning curve is steeper and you get more mature and developed answers. Good read at least.
Thanks, I appreciate it. I'll do that.

Prodigy746

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Look buddy, we all make mistakes so dont feel bad. I made many mistakes , not something like you but i did not taking advantages of girls that wanted me badly. I would get numbers and never call.... always come up with excuse.

The key is to learn from your mistakes. You should only feel stupid if someone does the same thing to you again.

I would say read the dj bible and stay away from the internet when meeting women. Also long distance relationship never work so if you do try internet dating chat w someone thats close to you.

Good Luck and dont let anything get you down.

Brighty

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow. This **** is ****ing... hillarious? I want to laugh but the fact that its actually true is just so sad.

Seriously.. man.

I'd say you're better suited for the Mature Man part of the forum to start there. Read the bible and do not meet women on the internet.