"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

hyperhidrosis

R3N3G4D3

Don Juan
Joined
Oct 21, 2003
Messages
141
Reaction score
0
Age
40
For as long as I can remember, I had a problem with sweaty palms. However, now that I communicate with people a lot more than before, others strarted noticing it too, and have already made a few comments to me about it. I tried using baby powder on my hands, but my sweat washes all of it off in like 5 minutes (yes, it can be that intense at times). Sometimes the water just drips form my hands. I've read about the ETS surgery that can stop this problem, and according to the reviews it's safe and has no side effects, ... The only problem is, it costs $5000-$10,000. So I wanted to know if any of you have a similar problem and what are some ways to prevent sweating or at least considerably decrease it. Thanks.
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

Ice Cold

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 27, 2002
Messages
2,313
Reaction score
2
Location
Moscow
Freaky. wow

I'll read up on it and post a reply if I'll remember.
 
Joined
Nov 6, 2003
Messages
4,280
Reaction score
8
Location
Wisconsin. USA
Tell me if I'm wrong but is your mind that generates tension that signals your hand to sweat - this may be a deeper problem having to do with phobias and tension!
 

R3N3G4D3

Don Juan
Joined
Oct 21, 2003
Messages
141
Reaction score
0
Age
40
actually, I've read about it on the site that talks about ETC. Apparently this is not always related to the mind generating the signals (although when you are worried, you get even more sweat, so in that case it's your mind amplified by this hyperhydrosis). According to what I've read the exact causes are still unknown, however they hypothesize that it might be caused by some injury or some extreme situation experienced at young age (I dunno if this is the reason, but I know that when I was little I almost drowned, I still am somewhat afraid of deep pools although I can swim fine). This might also be caused by your homeostatis system reacting to the environment too much, and causing more sweating than is necessary. This is analogous to some people having slow metabolism and gaining weight easily, and others having rapid metabolism and not gaining any weight no matter what they eat. So I'm not sure if it's the 2nd or the 1st one for me, but if it's the first one then there must be a way to calm down my subconsiousness. Meditation (never liked that stuff)?
 

Omni

Don Juan
Joined
Apr 25, 2004
Messages
59
Reaction score
0
Location
Somewhere in 11-dimensional space
Some people get Botox injections in their armpits to prevent them from sweating... why not ask your doctor if you can get Botox in your palms for the same purpose? Botox paralyzes muscle tissue, though, so make sure that anyone you let do it has done it before with no ill effects.
 

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

golf299

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Dec 1, 2002
Messages
417
Reaction score
1
Location
STL
i have an extremely high metabolism and can't gain weight at all. that is one factor. another is the simple fact that my sweat glands were being over-stimulated. tension had nothing to do with it, although situational tension can excacerbate the problem. i could be just sitting in my room reading and my pits would be actually dripping....ridiculus.

so, my soltion was that i got my dermotologist to give me a prescription called "DrySol". havent had sweaty pits since...unless im working out or something. it is amazing. give it a try before any surgery.
 
Top