Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Hypergamy Is All - A True Tale.

cordoncordon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Noheroes....a very well written and thought out post, so thank you for that. I think you expressed in fine detail what it is that hooks women the most. And that is what Chip did.

However, part of me, actually a very large part of me, is very sure that you wrote that all out, detail by detail, word by word, example by example, to not only try and justify in your mind why she made the choice she did, but to also rationalize her decision in a way that is perfectly logical and justifiable, all to try to mask and hide some of the hurt you are really feeling. I think you like this girl WAY more than you are willing to admit, and this catharsis is a way to help you cope with it all. I am not blaming you mind you, she seems like quite a catch.

My own advice would be if this woman is that special, and you like her that much, I would throw away your LDR rule, bide your time, and when the time comes that she finally moves on from "Chip" (and she will) you can strike. If you want to of course. :)

Good luck.

Yewki

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Die Hard said:
Take from the story what you want, guys. Personally, I regard this story as another confirmation that reasoning with women is an exercise in futility...
Yeah you can argue it's unfortunate women (and people in general) find being treated indifferently as a challenge and attractive... but this is basic psychology, trying to reason with a woman about this is counter productive and wreaks of desperation. It also didn't help the OP lived 3.5 hours away in a different town and saw her relatively infrequently. Personally I found the story very obvious and predictable, like reading a summary of the Titanic's journey... wait, you're telling me in sunk? No way, get out of here.

If a woman was desperate enough to attempt to convince me my attraction to another woman was illogical and I should like her more, I would find the pleading woman less attractive.

noheroes

Don Juan
Reaction score
Y'alls reading comprehension is awful.

I didn't try to reason with her, I was probing for my own interest.
I was not attempting to convince her of anything, I was giving myself an object lesson.
I wasn't trying to keep her as an infrequent f*ck buddy.
I knew the plate was gonna stop spinning long before this conversation happened.
She's great and taught me a few things about what I like in a woman.
She's also 33 and lives far away.
I like being with lots of different women and am not remotely ready to settle down.
I don't want to strike when she moves away from Chip. If she was in my town, I would be fine exploring things with her as one of a few plates, and if it developed into monogamy, cool. If not, cool.
I don't have the ability to "just keep tapping her" because I'm not driving 3.5 hours for poon.

That clear?

The point of the post was merely that even the girls you perceive as "quality" are completely subject to the dictates of hypergamy.

Also, I reread a few of the hypergamy chapters in The Rational Male last night, and I'm deadly sure I'm using that word in the correct Tomassian sense.

Yewki

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm bored, so here we go...

Exhibit A,
noheroes said:
She's also 33 and lives far away.
noheroes said:
Wasn't even close to an LDR (long distance relationship)
Exhibit B,
noheroes said:
I didn't try to reason with her
noheroes said:
I asked Helen various questions about her feelings towards Chip... I could tell there was no changing her mind

Exhibit C,
noheroes said:
my plan of action was to just hook up and hang out whenever we were in each other's towns...
noheroes said:
I wasn't trying to keep her as an infrequent f*ck buddy.

Exhibit D,
noheroes said:
I don't have the ability to "just keep tapping her" because I'm not driving 3.5 hours for poon.
noheroes said:
Helen resumed hanging out with Chip. This... is why Helen couldn't be flirty or sexual with me anymore
Exhibit E,
noheroes said:
noheroes said:
In early January I was passing through her town, spent the night, and we again slept together three times in a ten hour span
Exhibit F,
noheroes said:
In late November I met a girl at my business whom I was immediately attracted to... I have tremendous respect for her and we have a great connection... She's great and taught me a few things about what I like in a woman... Helen and I are constantly flirty by text
noheroes said:
nope, I didn't care one way or another.
Exhibit G,
noheroes said:
I was probing for my own interest... For the sake of science...
noheroes said:
She's great...

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
noheroes, would you mind me using your story for a blog post?

noheroes

Don Juan
Reaction score
Go right ahead. Glad you enjoyed it - the hypergamy chapters in your book literally bookended this conversation. It was amazing to see it in action with a girl I had perceived as "quality."

noheroes

Don Juan
Reaction score
Just wanted to give an update - Helen rolled into town this past weekend and I bent her over my bed and destroyed her while choking her and telling her what a little ***** she was. This was after ignoring her for most of the past three months. We had some (relatively) calmer sex the next morning and then she rolled out.