Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Hunting season is here!

Vulpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
:rockon:
I am finishing up my first deer of the season (bow, 25 yards): hanging jerky today, the rest is all done and in the freezer.

Passed on a little six-pointer yesterday.

I have to get out and do some late-season trout later today...

Anyone else been out hunting yet this season?

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have a bow, but the arrow rest is broken. Shoot at a bale of straw until you get good.

My state has a handgun season for deer. I think it would be hilarious to blow away a deer with my Kimber .45

Epimanes

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm a hunter... But my season is screwd this year. Got skunked last year (hunting in british columbia) and the year before I got a 320lb delk... I call it a delk cuz it had the colors of an elk, body size was huge and mule deer antlers. Was crazy. Dressed out was 265lbs. Biggest deer I have ever shot. Also had 2 doe tags in camp that season and shot them up right away on the trip. One of the does was typical mule deer color the other was elk colored and a bit bigger.

Seems the deer and elk may be cross breeding

Vulpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Epimanes said:
Seems the deer and elk may be cross breeding
I wonder if it's a signal of some sort of "desperation". Things like that strike me as a result of hunting pressure and other stresses, like ticks. I hear moose in Minnesota have struggled with a couple bad tick years, so they put a halt on hunting to take the additional pressure off.

Any particularly tough years stress-wise on the elk/deer in BC that could account for your skunkage?

Vulpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
jimmy18 said:
Full quoting retards on my ignore list could be construed as rude, too. Put 'em on your ignore list (through your control panel) instead.

Epimanes

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Vulpine said:
I wonder if it's a signal of some sort of "desperation". Things like that strike me as a result of hunting pressure and other stresses, like ticks. I hear moose in Minnesota have struggled with a couple bad tick years, so they put a halt on hunting to take the additional pressure off.

Any particularly tough years stress-wise on the elk/deer in BC that could account for your skunkage?
Yeah.. I hunted that same area for the last 7 years (6.5hr drive from home) and the year I got that big buck was the accumulation of learning the area (steep hills and thick bush) all those years. Previous years we were seeing alll sorts of deer and often bagged a 2 pointer (in canada that's 2 on each side). As the years went by.. I was seeing deer still but more and more hunters showed up and put lots of pressure on the area and as everyone road hunted you would no longer see that group of 6 deer cross the loggin rd anymore or count that you seen 20 deer that day with no shooters etc. They stayed held up in the bush more. Because I am a on foot mountain goat.. I began to see the bigger guys and learned where they go. But there's so many people now its rediculas.

That particular season my daughter and I were the only hunters in the area (4 logging rds with tons of cross over trails in between) that was seeing anything cuz I know the busjes so well, but the other hunters often road hunt and they would tell us the place seems to be dieing off due to lack of deer sightings from previous years. However I did get my gun up on another 4pt (8pt to you) and decided not to shoot cuz all I had was its azz to shoot at while it bounced away from me. Unethical to me, but I got flack for not shooting after telling my old man what happened and the rest of the hunting party. Didn't seen another buck for the next 6 days. Only an occasional doe. Ended up skunked.

This year I'm not even going. Hoping the people who have been showing up ease off on the area and let it grow some. Seen many of the se guys show up year after year and bringing more people with them. One person shows one person who shows one person and pretty soon it became a gong show. This is even way out of the big city too.. Like I said 6.5 hrs from vancouver. Sad.

All the areas within 1-2 hours from vancouver have been almost totally ruined by garbage.. Target shooters who don't clean up.. Stolen cars
Dumped and shot up. Sickening.... People don't respect nature and wonder why places to go get shut down.

Epi

Vulpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Epimanes said:
Target shooters who don't clean up.. Stolen cars
Dumped and shot up. Sickening.... People don't respect nature and wonder why places to go get shut down.

Epi
That's bunk. But, it's just another manifestation of overpopulation.

I bought a place thinking it would be heavenly: adjacent to huge public use land. It was fine for the "off season", but when hunting season comes around...

The traffic, bullets whizzing around, woods hacked up with 20 shooting lanes per stand, trespassers, and energy drink cans or Mt. Dew bottles everywhere...

It's the city clowns in their stinky-new Cabella's fashion gear, bringing their shiny howitzers and over-the-top gatlin guns out to shoot and kill, not hunt and harvest. I almost have to hide on opening morning: it's like first light on a WWII trench line. I've heard walkie-talkie traffic, even. That's GOTTA bring in the big ones, right? Zombies shouldn't even BE in the woods if they're so scared that they need walkie-talkies. And, they bring stupid-huge rifles with them. I mean, 500 yard Cape Buffalo capable equipment for little 50 yard white tails. Silliness, but hey, they just want to shoot $5-a-round guns and get drunk at "deer camp", not harvest meat. It's the scene, I guess, but no amount of money spent on equipment is going to magically make a zombie into a successful hunter. I get a kick out of the "check out my awesome new $$$" guys who never bag anything.

I figured out that the best way to achieve public land results is to hit the area as soon as possible, as hard as possible, to drive all the animals out of public area into the relatively "safe" refuge of adjacent private properties. That way, when the tourists show up on the weekends thinking they are in a "excellent spot", when they get up skunked and find my gut pile from the day before behind where they were sitting...
:whistle:

That reminds me... It's Friday and I need to make a little "squirrel hunting" expedition and be back in my stand before the tourists start showing up.
:rock:

Epimanes

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Saweeet... Told the old lady.. "Fvck this **** I'm going hunting next friday for an overnighter or possibly the weekend"

Roundung up my buddy to help with draggin if I get one and my daughter since her licence allows for an extra tag.

Fvck ya! Woooots!

Good luck everyone on their hunting trips.

Mr.Positive

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Right on Vulpine.

I've always been a fisherman, but will go on my first hunt this year. I'm just completing my hunter's safety and am excited. I will join my brothers on an elk hunt (I won't hunt), but will see if it's for me. We also plan on hunting small game, such as squirrels and rabbits. I'm really looking forward to it.

BMX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm putting on my multicam and hunting bad guys. Does this count for anything? No sticks & leafs theme for me.