Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

how young is too young?

h2o

Banned
Reaction score
i don't think this was covered in the bible, and i couldn't really find much about it by searching.

have any of you guys ever pondered the age of a girl? ie, i met this chick who's 17, and i'm 20. is it okay if we got together? there are two reasons for my concern (and one of them may come from a lack of complete confidence yet, but not sure)

1) wouldn't her friends look at me and be like, i must be a loser since i can't get a girl my age? not that i should care (and it's not that i can't) but i just don't want to portray that if i'm going to start a relationship
2) i have a sister who's 17. it kinda makes me feel like i'm going to be going out with my sister's friends, and overall that's just weird

but this girl's cute and probably hb8.5 so i thought maybe it's not that obvious of a decision

anyway, it would help if anyone else who's been in a similar situation to offer any comments/advice/suggestions.

thanks.

jonny football hero

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm nearly 17, and they girls my age wouldn't look at it like "can't he get women his own age?", it'd be more "she's so lucky to have a 20 year old b/f"

Just my two cents.

frivolousz21

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
when I was 20..I dated a 17 yr old over the summer of my junior yr in college.

and her friends thought she was the luckiest girl ever.

if you are looking for LTR..look older.

looking for anything else go for it

A-Unit

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Age is no factor.

24, currently dating someone turning 18 in a week.

Legal, met her parents, and not a virgin prior to me. Small Pam Anderson look alike with the wardrobe to match. Somewhat immature at times, but you get what you pay for.

Advice:
Don't walk into something expecting anything. It moves around alot, but with my schedule it works out.

24, also dating a 19 year old. A bit more mature, in college, little time for anything, particularly with my schedule. Cute, family oriented, more down to earth.

To me, walking out and looking for a LTR like it's an order at a fast food joint is lame and weak. My RECO is just to date a bunch of girls who you enjoy spending time with and see where each go. If you're hooking up, do so safely. When one of them starts inquiring about seriousness or being a GF or other girls, then you know she wants you and only you. That's the point at which you decide to stick with the multi-dating or settle with her.

A-Unit

cactus3178

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
A good friend of mine is dating a chick who's 17, and he's 22. Hell, they live together now after a whopping 1 month together.

I know. It's f*cked, but there is no reaching this guy because he's in 'love'. Whatever.

The point is, the age difference doesn't matter that much if she's the right girl. 'Course, my friend's girl is a retarded ho, but that's besides the point.

IMO, girls in this age range (16-23) are problematic, but some people can pull it off.

*Sigh*

Sorry, I'm just rambling.

h2o

Banned
Reaction score
jonny football hero, i didn't think of it that way, as her friends thinking she is the lucky one.

yeah, when i said "relationship" i didn't mean a LTR, i just used that word because we've been hanging out but no kissing, etc yet. so, i wanted to ask this question so i could decide to take the next step or 'just be friends.'

true, A-Unit, i shouldn't be taking my eyes off of other girls.

i think it'll make a short-term fling, which is okay with me.

thx guys.

Garbury

Don Juan
Reaction score
I learned a rule on here a while ago. You take your age, divide by 2 and then add 7. It soudns funky but then in your case, a girl 17 fits the lower end of the rule. I've kept this rule in mind in order to keep myself from looking like a pedifile (I'm 18). Try it.

h2o

Banned
Reaction score
thx Garbury, i'll remember that. and i'll do my best to stay away from bubba.

skinnydart

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What about 17 year old guy dating a 20 yr old girl? Is that weird or would it just be me who would be the lucky one then?

Modro

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
LOL the rule i always thought was good was

<Your age> divid by 2 then +7 is the youngest you should date

eg. 18 / 2 = 9 + 7 =16

if you notice as u get older the age gap gets more acceptable.

Edit: Someone already posted the rule! :)

Guitar_Whizz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
F*ck all these stupid rules....

Seriously guys, let me answer the question on age difference ONCE AND FOR ALL, BECAUSE I'M FED UP OF THE QUESTION.

The answer is: AS LONG AS YOU ARE BOTH OF LEGAL AGE, THEN THE DECIDING FACTOR OF HOW OLD TO GO FOR IS NOT 'AGE', BUT HOW COMPATABLE THE 2 OF YOU ARE FOR ONE ANOTHER.

Did you get that???? That's right, NO STUPID RULES.

AND NO POSTING ON HERE TO ASK WHAT'S SUPPOSABLE 'ACCEPTABLE'.

YOU make up your mind as to whether the age gap is acceptable.

Seriously guys, if you REALLY liked a girl and you had a fantastic relationship, yet the age gap was outside the stupid rule that was posted above, would you seriously miss out on her?? Only if you were stupid.

DID YOU GET THAT?????

thebsharp

Don Juan
Reaction score
Uhh yea, age is just a stupid number, as long as you think shes mature enought for you and she is legal... nothing wrong with that.

Sart

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
legal age

Legal age of consent....easy. Mind you some chicks aren't, well, most chicks aren't fully cooked until they are late twenties. When I was under age we use to say "Old enough to bleed, old enough to butcher" but that doesn't rub well when you are 18 or older.

Only someone who is illegal should ever touch someone under the legal age. Anything else is dead fukcing wrong.

tristan22

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i read 18 and still high school is illegal, however this information could be wrong...i'm not sure though!

Sart

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
tristen

Not sure,

In Australia the legal age of consent is 16. I had sex with a 15 year old but I was 14 at the time so we both were as infintile as each other. My basic rule would be 18 or over but even then they dont really know what they want. I have met 24 year old women who shouldn't be doing it. We are a generation of men raised by fukcing women but so are they. Girls need a strong man as a Father to teach them what to expect and how to be treated, most of them simply lack this these days.

00Kevin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
guitar wiz is right

my grandfather married a woman 20 years younger then him.

you might say that it is wrong but it is actually a very traditional irish thing to do.

accomplish your goals in life or inherit the estate and find a nice young woman and enjoy life

DragonChi

Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: F*ck all these stupid rules....

Originally posted by Guitar_Whizz
Seriously guys, let me answer the question on age difference ONCE AND FOR ALL, BECAUSE I'M FED UP OF THE QUESTION.

The answer is: AS LONG AS YOU ARE BOTH OF LEGAL AGE, THEN THE DECIDING FACTOR OF HOW OLD TO GO FOR IS NOT 'AGE', BUT HOW COMPATABLE THE 2 OF YOU ARE FOR ONE ANOTHER.

Did you get that???? That's right, NO STUPID RULES.

AND NO POSTING ON HERE TO ASK WHAT'S SUPPOSABLE 'ACCEPTABLE'.

YOU make up your mind as to whether the age gap is acceptable.

Seriously guys, if you REALLY liked a girl and you had a fantastic relationship, yet the age gap was outside the stupid rule that was posted above, would you seriously miss out on her?? Only if you were stupid.

DID YOU GET THAT?????
ya, the point there is; as long as both of you are of legal age.
what if your 20 and she's 15?

OT: thats my situation, should i just tell her that its not going to work out?
or should i just leave and not talk to her again ?

Last edited: