Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How would you tell a girl her perfume smells bad?

sosumba

Don Juan
Reaction score
So image you date this girl and her perfume smells like the toilet spray but she is good on all the other points. This perfume is not a deal braker in itself but it reminds you of a used toilet every time you get close to her.

So the question:
What is the best way of getting her to take some other perfume?

This is what options I am contemplating at this point:
A: Be frank and tell her her perfume reminds me of a toilet (probably not the wisest thing to do)
B: Tell her her perfume reminds me of a friendly old lady that lived close to you when you were a child (a lie but maybe works since whou would want to be associated with an old lady?)
C: Tell her this place smells like a toilet and pretend not to notice how she smells and then repeat when you are at another location
D: Tell her the perfume doesn't suit her personality
E: Go "surprise shopping" with her and buy her a perfume you like
F: Something else?

Plese give me feedback guys, I really cant stand this perfume.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So image you date this girl and her perfume smells like the toilet spray but she is good on all the other points. This perfume is not a deal braker in itself but it reminds you of a used toilet every time you get close to her.

So the question:

A: Be frank and tell her her perfume reminds me of a toilet (probably not the wisest thing to do)
B: Tell her her perfume reminds me of a friendly old lady that lived close to you when you were a child (a lie but maybe works since whou would want to be associated with an old lady?)
C: Tell her this place smells like a toilet and pretend not to notice how she smells and then repeat when you are at another location

Get her another one or two perfumes

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I just don't like very fragrant smells in general and I really am allergic to certain types of perfumes. So I make it a point that I tell all gals that I'm allergic to most perfumes. When you say most, you are leaving the door open to certain pleasant smelling perfumes that YOU prefer.
Plus I don't like gals that spray that crap all over their body because the last thing I wanne be feeling is licking chemical tastes off their body.

Another way to segway into this if you don't get a chance to tell her before a date is to fake blowing your nose and sneezing. Then tell her about your allergies to certain perfumes.

HyenaPrince

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have a man on my work
He is able to criticize someone by sincerely complimenting him.. this is neat
It's not that hard to address something so banal. If you convey it without any malice, you'll be good.

Say something like: "I like that you're putting in effort. I'm really into your body's scent though. Next time skip the perfume, okay?"

Why struggle and endure her bullsh*t smell if you can just skip the sweet talk?

Jack12345

Banned
Reaction score
It's not that hard to address something so banal. If you convey it without any malice, you'll be good.

Say something like: "I like that you're putting in effort. I'm really into your body's scent though. Next time skip the perfume, okay?"

Why struggle and endure her bullsh*t smell if you can just skip the sweet talk?
Never had problem with perfumes so I have no idea.. I'm pretty sure I would be careless thought.. If it's really so bothers me i would maybe say her something like "hmm what is this perfume? Nice. I think xxxx would fit you good" and say any popular brand

There is this thing with "different personalities different scents"

gravityeyelids

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"Haha your perfume smells kinda like a toilet biscuit!"

Depends on the dynamics. If she sees you as kind of a ****y *******, then you can just call her out on it.

Or you could make it kind of backhanded. "I love the way you smell naturally, but your perfume doesn't really agree with my nose" or "i'm pretty sensitive to strong scents, and i like the way you smell naturally". I like the whole "i love that you're putting in effort to smell nice, but that perfume doesn't agree with me" thing

But yeah, i'm kind of a fragrance snob, i own like 50 bottles of cologne/fragrance and i've had multiple girls that wore ones that i either didn't like the smell of, or they were just completely ill-fitting for the occasion/weather. I.E. - something really sweet and heavy during the summer heat, or something really floral and old-lady-ish. I'm pretty sensitive to this kind of stuff, so it can be a turn off.

bcude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OP, tell her. That's an INTERESTING perfume you've on...
Her: What? What do you mean?
You: i think notes of sandalwood and lavendel would compliment your lovely hair better (with a smirk on your face),

She will never wear this perfume ever again lol

I honestly wouldn't care as much until she's my gf but if it's really that repulsing to you, make a hint.
From my experience, guys are much worse at calibrating their perfume use than girls so i've never ever had this problem.

(This example was just made up for my own amusement)

Kotaix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
just tell her nicely. If she gets offended, she was never worth it in the first place

Reaction score

So the question:

Next time you ask her out: "Oh, and, do me a favor and don't wear that x perfume, alright? i don't like it at all." Do NOT just go buy her another perfume. It'd be bucks out of your pocket, and, she'd just add it to her perfume collection, the new one on Monday, toilet bowl on Tuesday, Chanel on Wednesday, etc...

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Next time you ask her out: "Oh, and, do me a favor and don't wear that x perfume, alright? i don't like it at all." Do NOT just go buy her another perfume. It'd be bucks out of your pocket, and, she'd just add it to her perfume collection, the new one on Monday, toilet bowl on Tuesday, Chanel on Wednesday, etc...
This

RickTheToad

Reaction score

So the question:

Simple and direct. I do not like that perfume. Please wear something else.

flowtheory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Honesty is always the key. “That perfume smells like chemicals, it’s no good, and it takes away from you, I don’t like it, but you do you” and say it in a normal tone. Respect yourself and don’t worry about how she will react. If you’re always worrying about people’s reactions to your truth, it will be a loooong road ahead. And when you tell people the truths about whatever it may be, they may since initially but they will respect you and your opinion on more major parts of life.

perfume is such a small thing.

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Make this face, when she does it again.

Maybe, she'll take the 'hint'.

andreihaha

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

So the question:

Man, you're making me laugh so hard at work!

Be honest in a respectful maner. If you tell her it reminds you of an ex, I doubt you'll smell it again.
I'd just say it makes you want to sneeze or something, as long as you say it gently and that you prefer her natural smell, she shouldn't get offended.