Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How would you respond to this cashier?

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was paying for a credit card and this cashier volunteered information to me and said that she could not wait to break in an hour to go home but planned to go for a manicure afterwards (i.e. like she was planning her day out loud while I was infront of her). I froze up and was like, okay that's cool, let me pay this and get out of here. Anyway, what would you do with this if you were me? I was thinking a confident guy probably would have.....

She's probably still working there so assuming this was not some momentary opportunity for an insta-date where it's just a long-shot that you are hitting on a girl when she's on the right mood and is open to random guys, maybe I can visit the store and see how she is with me? I tried unsuccessfully flirting with a cashier the night before and commented on her name and asked where she was from. Sounded like she took offense at that flirting. Looks like I had a turn of luck with a random girl as this reaction happened the next morning at another store.

Kotaix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If she's yacking at you about her plans she's at least open to you. That was an opening to make small talk and ask her about her life. Don't try to control the conversation and see where it goes, this is opposed to itrying to follow some kind of PUA script or say "the right thing".

Don't plan on doing things later. Do them now. If you snooze, you lose.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It was an opportunity, but we all freeze up. I don't even think of it as freezing so much as sometimes my mind is elsewhere, I'm tired, etc. The key is to break out of that mood and be more aware. Don't think of yourself as not confident, you just missed an opportunity, that's all.

DelayedGratification

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Had a slightly similar experience in a grocery store where I crossed paths with an HB6 in the produce section and she seemed to be trying to turn it into an opportunity to talk. Lots of eye contact. Ten minutes later she ended up directly after me in the checkout line. Again, lots of direct eye contact but I was not in a headspace to initiate, too many other things on my mind in that moment.

Doubt I'll ever see her again, but if I get the same treatment I'll definitely make at least a perfunctory attempt at day game.

Did I miss an opportunity? Yeah, perhaps. Am I at all upset? Not in the least.

Billtx49

Reaction score
How would I respond? The same as when a hot cashier calls me honey or darling…

That’s pretty personal and we haven’t even been on our first date yet. Then if you want add, What’s your schedule look like tonight.…

If she wants to play fast and loose verbal, you can also. Focus more on situational awareness when out and about and be ready.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How would I respond? The same as when a hot cashier calls me honey or darling…

That’s pretty personal and we haven’t even been on our first date yet. Then if you want add, What’s your schedule look like tonight.…

If she wants to play fast and loose verbal, you can also. Focus more on situational awareness when out and about and be ready.
Asking for her schedule tonight sounds bold. Would you engage in small talk and ask about her life first as another poster suggested? This (asking her schedule tonight) actually sounds easier to do since if you say anything else it might come across too lame or lose the initial energy from her. Or what about after her manicure?

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Remember this movie "Fast times at Rigmmont times)". When service women ask a gut if they need anything else the guy would ask for her number. It sounds silly but how many people actually do this?

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not upset with missed opportunity. Glad to know there was an opportunity makes me feel less incel, at least on looks. Sort of flattered actually. The cashier had a Billie Eilish type of look.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I guess you could have invited yourself to go along and get your toenails painted.
I am overdue for a pedicure. I normally go one a year. Like to see a nice lady cleaning my feet.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Invitingmyself to go along (zekko), asking for her schedule tonight sound like what a confident man would say in the moment in a casual devil may care tone. Beating around the bush with small talk may just weaken the frame more than help but might be a fall back if the balls are not there to talk like that. But I dont see how talking about the weather and asking if she is still in school would help as small talk (Koitix suggestion).

Billtx49

Reaction score
Invitingmyself to go along (zekko), asking for her schedule tonight sound like what a confident man would say in the moment in a casual devil may care tone. Beating around the bush with small talk may weaken the frame?
Bottom line, cashiers don’t usually have the time for small talk. Time is your enemy in such a situation…
Knowing that is a part of situational awareness.
Ex:
An event happens, you decide immediately what the best course of action is to accomplish your goal given the estimated time constraints you have.
We all do it if alert while driving to avoid a possible accident, but often have a problem with it socially…

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am overdue for a pedicure. I normally go one a year. Like to see a nice lady cleaning my feet.
I've never had a pedicure. We have a place where I live with a bunch of Asian women working there. It sounds kind of relaxing, but my girlfriend says there is one guy who works there too. One reason I've never gone is I'm afraid I would get that guy. No way I want some dude working on my feet, it would spoil my whole day lol.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Asking for her schedule tonight sounds bold.
I think the key with this stuff is to be lighthearted about it. If you have a smile on your face and a devil may care attitude, it will lighten the mood for both of you and not seem intrusive.

She could laugh it off, and/or if she says "you're serious?" just smile and say "sure, why not?"

And since it's a checkout situation, you could always add "It's busy here, so here's my #" and write it down quickly. Sosuavers often frown upon giving out the number, but it's better than nothing in an express situation. Or you just say "I'll be at X tonight at 8, stop by." And go have fun with or without her.

And if she says no, you keep the same attitude. "Darn, I was looking forward to seeing those nails."

Of course this stuff is always easier typed online than thought on the spot, but the mindset is key...easygoing.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've never had a pedicure. We have a place where I live with a bunch of Asian women working there. It sounds kind of relaxing, but my girlfriend says there is one guy who works there too. One reason I've never gone is I'm afraid I would get that guy. No way I want some dude working on my feet, it would spoil my whole day lol.
You can jet if that happens. You are paying for the service and they cant force you to accept someone you dont want. Its not like it is bloodwork. I personally would not go there if I had a gf since I would not be girl hungry enough to absorb the pedicurist feminine energy via foot contact and feel its not that great of an experience.

MrWood

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
these encounters/opportunities are called the "shot in the dark", its how women can signal they are interested in you.

Cold rainy day... girl walks across the wet grass, through puddles, dirtys her dress, and goes up to the boy... punches him in the arm and says "I hate boys", and walks away. Boy says to his friends "what the hell she hates me"... girl says to her friends "he is so cute why wont he talk to me"

This is how women communicate, men only hear an unknown language

I cant find the exact video, but this is what was said in one of D.S videos... this one is very good, watch it and use what he says, it is magic, it works, and you will thank me for it. (jump to about 1hr mark)

Last edited:

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I give small talk, pay for my stuff and then leave.
But wouldn't you try to give small talk anyway if someone wasn't that nice with you? I would see small talk as a flirting exercise. If you wait for someone to be that nice and open to you then you'll never have small talk. Part of the challenge with flirting is to take someone who is closed off towards you, try to engage them in conversation, and see if they soften up to a point you feel comfortable with them and they look forward to seeing you. This is like the slow-game when dealing with cashiers if you go the same store all the time and it's not a one-off.

In this interaction its more "one-off". I did attempt small talk (i.e. my lame absented minded brain could not think of anything creative to say to her so I just said like duh, "I guess you are really tired, eh?").

The irony in this thread is that other people freeze up or are too distracted if an opportunity is infrount of them, not just me. So my own reaction doesn't seem like it's coming out of pure inexperience, but is actually very common, even among the best. I don't know why people are avoiding day-game and prefer night-game so much. You sound like a day-gamer though.

andreihaha

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I like the Terminator way:
You just say with a straight face: "Come with me if you want to bang".

If she says "ok,let's do that later" it's gonna be an easy lay although she's probably crazy.
If she says "What the fvck?" you just tell her "You know, like in the Terminator? Didn't you see Terminator? Pretty good movie, wanna see it later at my place and then bang? Or we could just bang, you know".
If she actually leaves her chair to come with you, just run. Run Forrest, ruuun!

Too bad I don't live in America. It probably only works there.

Last edited: