• Attractive

Votes: 24 36.4%
  • Very attractive

Votes: 18 27.3%

• Total voters

Friendly Otter

Don Juan
Reaction score
I am just curious; perhaps there won't be anything to learn from this poll, perhaps there will be. It is anonymous of course, feel free to keep it that way or tell us how you rate yourself - noone shall be accused of bragging, or fishing for sympathy.

Five options, and I would expect number 3 to be the largest by far. In my opinion, that would mirror society as a whole. Or, maybe not?

An explanation:

1: Very unattractive - there's some special problem working against you. Highly unusual.

2: Unattractive - your appearance often works against you when it comes to women

3: Average - just the average guy, your default appearance doesn't really work either against you or for you. A little work or a little neglect will probably make a great deal of difference.

4: Attractive - your appearance works in your favor

5: Very attractive - you look unusually good, people will actually make a note of your particularly attractive features. Highly unusual.

MrS

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Attractive towards very. I'd give myself a 7.5-8

Shiftkey

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Five options, and I would expect number 3 to be the largest by far. In my opinion, that would mirror society as a whole. Or, maybe not?
This website is hardly a reflection of actual society, so I doubt this poll would be. Particularly because of the fact that this website teaches men that "we are the prize," causing us to possibly rate ourselves higher than your typical AFC would.

edit:typos

Last edited:

S1NN3R

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ibtl.

Kerpal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It varies, sometimes I think I look pretty good, other times I think I look like ****, or am just boring looking.

Skel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have a pimple on my nose today and i feel ugly. But normally im gods gift to women and gay men

shydude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I look good, I dont really judge myself. Chiks always say I am good looking.

Last edited:

shydude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
BBX said:
^
Put a picture on that myspace of yours and prove it...then i'll shut up

First of all, STOP sending me private messages, secong of all, who ta fukk you think you are to tell me what to do. I dont use myspace at all, the only thing i do there is check messages. WDF you care what I look like?? Just drop it, and if you care way too much, then you probably jelious, I really got no time for you childish posts, so stop sending me messages.

PLus look at the pool, 35% of people said they were very attractice!!What can i say you are an idiot

MindOverMatter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'll give myself a 4.5, and it has nothing to do with the "i am a prize" mentality. Rating it simply on the amount of attention I recieve without initating anything. But to be honest, I have worked very hard to get to where I'm at, so it's not genetic or anything and anyone else with a normal symmetrical face can get to where I'm at.

That things that help me out are:

- good grooming skills. short cut hair, clean shave, always smell good. i stay away from shaggy hair, 5 o'clock shadows, highlights, etc. professional/conservative appearance is more my style.

- i tend to dress very professional (i own 22 suits, and usually wear them, but most of the time I don't bother with ties unless I'm at work).

- i have worked out consistently for the last 4 years or so and through a lot of effort have built myself a body that I'm proud of.

so it's not something that other people cannot do, just takes time.

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MindOverMatter said:
I'll give myself a 4.5, and it has nothing to do with the "i am a prize" mentality. Rating it simply on the amount of attention I recieve without initating anything. But to be honest, I have worked very hard to get to where I'm at, so it's not genetic or anything and anyone else with a normal symmetrical face can get to where I'm at.

That things that help me out are:

- good grooming skills. short cut hair, clean shave, always smell good. i stay away from shaggy hair, 5 o'clock shadows, highlights, etc. professional/conservative appearance is more my style.

- i tend to dress very professional (i own 22 suits, and usually wear them, but most of the time I don't bother with ties unless I'm at work).

- i have worked out consistently for the last 4 years or so and through a lot of effort have built myself a body that I'm proud of.

so it's not something that other people cannot do, just takes time.
I'm assuming you didn't mean to write 4.5, right?

Anyway, I second everything written here and hold the same perspective. Looking good is possible for most guys if they're willing to put in the care and effort.

MindOverMatter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jariel said:
I'm assuming you didn't mean to write 4.5, right?

Anyway, I second everything written here and hold the same perspective. Looking good is possible for most guys if they're willing to put in the care and effort.
4.5 on the 5 pt scale the OP was using. There are still a few things i want to change before i give myself a 5, will give it about 8 months.

WhitePimp

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd call myself an 8.5 or 9 out of 10. It's crazy, just 3 years ago I was definitely a 2/10 but the simple act of really working on my appearance through lifting, tanning, and dressing better(and a freak accident where I broke my previously hideous nose and the fixing made it look MUCH MUCH hotter) I was able to elevate myself above every guy I thought was better looking than me in high school and now feel I'm too good looking for girls I even had crushes on in high school!

Big Eee Zee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i dunno, i figured i was always a little less than average. i got my good features, but a fair facial structure and i hate my hair.

but then again i heard the hottest girl in my highschool (who now goes to my college) saying how cute i was, and she was totally sober.

so...who knows?

sparky0000

Banned
Reaction score
Appearance is so much more than what you look like in a photograph. Appearance is something that radiates from deep within us. I refuse to grade myself on such a matter. Grading yourself is not a good way to grow spiritually and mentally.

It is as I told my girlfriend (Vika). Well, it would be nearly impossible to properly translate what I told her...but the essence of the remark was that life starts from the inside (not the outside).

Friendly Otter

Don Juan
Reaction score
That's charisma you are talking about, not appearance. (Appearance is, actually, what you see in a photograph.)

Charisma is important. Looks are also important, and it is time to bury the notion that it's only the inside that matters, and we'll all go to hell for looking at the outside. People have been appreciating physical beauty for millennia, in every culture no matter how separate from each other, so obviously it fills an evolutionary purpose. What, you may ask? Look at Beauty Analysis - highly educational. Those who didn't know about the Golden Cut, 1.618 which exists in both our DNA and facial symmetry, should take the time to learn about it now.

Beauty Analysis talks mainly about facial symmetry, and why we appreciate it. (Because we need to recognize those of our own species, as we survive through interaction. Unlike animals with a good sense of smell, we rely on the visual. Therefore, those with features close to the archetype trigger a certain response in us, and we call their facial structure "beautiful.") There is also the aspect of appreciating traits that signal youth, health, strength, child-rearing capacity in women, warrior capacity in men, etc. Yes, looks matter, and it's not wrong of us to recognize that fact. It is wrong, however, to deny reality because we're not supposed to hurt someone's feelings. Finding out how things work is a basic purpose of this forum.

Friendly Otter

Don Juan
Reaction score
I am one of those who chose number 3, Average, though I was tempted to press 4 and still not certain I chose right. Wow guys, I am surprised, we have a whole lot of attractive and very attractive studs in this forum. You'd think that the very attractive would have an easy time hooking up with women, so that not many of them would have a reason for going here - instead they make up one of the two most-clicked categories. Maybe they just come here as the internet version of slumming. :)

Few who choose Unattractive. Apparently the unattractive need less help with hooking up with women!

Taviii

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Friendly Otter

Everyone tends to see themselves as attractive. Also if you add all the confidence boosters articles around here no wonder that the poll turned out this way.

I still think that most are average (but improving). Maybe even below average, or else there wouldnt be so many in this forum. There are even some thread with pictures posted, some of us even posted their picture in the profile, you can see there that most are average.