"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

How would you describe "The One"

Zeus

Don Juan
Joined
May 17, 2003
Messages
87
Reaction score
0
Hey there. I just have a simple question.

How would you describe a girl thats eveything you are looking for. Pure and simple, "The one"
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

gregory

Don Juan
Joined
May 30, 2004
Messages
52
Reaction score
0
truthfully, after finding sosuave, i will never fall in love, maybe just infatuation, but that's it. i will never obsess over a girl like i did with my first. but even if i could have her back, which i probably could, i dont want her anymore cuz i know she a trick.
 

DJUofS

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Mar 10, 2004
Messages
201
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by gregory
truthfully, after finding sosuave, i will never fall in love, maybe just infatuation, but that's it. i will never obsess over a girl like i did with my first. but even if i could have her back, which i probably could, i dont want her anymore cuz i know she a trick.
Love and obsession aren't one in the same.

I usually laugh when I hear people say they can't fall in love because of this site. Chances are, if your saying this, you have never been in love to begin with. So, you have no idea what it is.
 

gav

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 5, 2004
Messages
1,128
Reaction score
3
how would i describe "the one". illusory.
 
Top