Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How we all view relationships differently

thecraftylefty

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
What if I told you every relationship ever between a guy and a girl is exactly the same? You’d think I’m nuts, right?

But this is exactly what a lot of guys think. They believe that because they see their friends, or whomever, form relationships in a certain way that they can emulate their success by doing the same things as the people around them do. Wrong!

You see, when a guy first sees and meets a girl he has no idea what direction any type of relationship that forms will take. Say he gets her number and calls her three days later. The two of themmeet up and have a great time. They share a kiss at the end. The guy feesl good because you made some progress with this girl. Things are looking good.

Fast forward to two months down the road and everything is still going well (to the guy), but she comes out of nowhere and drops a bomb on the guy. Things just aren’t working out. And he wonders why. Why did this happen, when he was doing everything right? Well, obviously he wasn’t or she would not have broken up with him.

So what went wrong? For starters, this was probably one of the first relationships either of them has been in. But he knew the “DJ” rules and did everything he thought was right. He didn’t give her gifts, he made her work for his time, he acted aloof at times, and she liked him and they shared the same sparks as when they first met.

But those kinds of sparks fade out pretty fast. As time moved on he thought they should spend more time together, but they live kind of far away, or whatever inconvenience it may be, and so they could only manage to see one another about once a week. So it becomes a burden for both of them to get together. And it starts going downhill because he thinks their relationship is on the ups because she seems happy when they finally do get together. But in actuality it isn’t at all (cause he’s a man using his man logic here) because she, and this is key, feels that because things are starting to unwind a bit, and it’s not the same as it was two or three weeks ago, that it’s time to let go and sever ties.

Why does she decide to break up with him? Mainly because women don’t want to stay in a boring and conventional relationship that they don’t feel have enough chemistry to evolve and take to the next level. Women rationalize that because it’s not what she’s looking for at the moment that she can go on and try and find another prince charming. The guy takes it hard but moves on.

So the guy goes through this a couple more times before he starts getting a feel for how to keep a relationship going. And eventually he finds a relationship that suits him.

You’re still probably wondering how this relates to how all people think of relationships differently.

Well….

All relationships, just like friendships, are different. You don’t have the same friendship with one of your buddies as you do with your others. It’s the same principle.

The thing I’m trying to point out is that when two people are in a relationship you don’t know how the other person is going to react to any of the things you do. And you also have no clue as to how the relationship will progress, no matter how hard you think and feel you should be with a certain person.

This may seem like common sense, but apparently it isn’t. I’ve done my fair share of messing up, and have had countless more friends and acquaintances that I've seen this happen to too. Sometimes people just move on for one reason or another, it’s nothing personal.

If you can try and not put pressure on how your relationship will develop and just focus on having a good time when you’re with any female you happen to be interested in/involved with then it’s pretty much smooth sailing no matter what happens. If it doesn’t work out at least you had fun.

It’s funny, but when I first read Anti-Dump’s views on relationships many years ago I completely dismissed them. And now I realize he was spot on.

thecraftylefty

Mr. Mystery II

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by thecraftylefty
If you can try and not put pressure on how your relationship will develop and just focus on having a good time when you’re with any female you happen to be interested in/involved with then it’s pretty much smooth sailing no matter what happens. If it doesn’t work out at least you had fun.
And there you have it folks!

Mr. Mystery

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: How we all view relationships differently

Originally posted by Mr. Mystery II
And there you have it folks!

Mr. Mystery
Yeah but the woman needs to have the same mindset for it to work...

A-Unit

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re:

Francisco,

I dig the name, because I enjoyed the book. But frankly, your statement is a given. If she doesn't have a like-minded outlet at some point in the relationship, it will be found out. AND, do you want to even waste the time on her?

Ever feel the difference between prodding a woman to do something and dating a woman who does just whatever?

Same concept.

When you're free to enjoy the ride, the dance, you make better plans, are more carefree, are more yourself, and ultimately get further with a woman, than if you structure the whole game like a coreographed show.

It comes back to the philosophy on life as well. If you're into the ride, your less apt to be so stressed by minor setbacks as some people are. Women see and feel need all the time.

Spot on,

A-Unit

HB_Hunter

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Great thread guys , especially with Mr.mystery and A-unit giving thier insights .

I have a very similar mind-set regarding this and that's "to always be having fun and focus on fun and forget all the tips , talking , techniques etc.... . Im way successful and relaxed now but what do you guys think when your infatuated with a hot girl (they don't reveal their feelings ) ?U still have fun with her and enjoy the time , being laid back , cool and natural , not pressurizing but since i like her (so many similar things) and since im not afraid like before to show my interest , express my feelings , be the product of my desires and dreams . I find that this having fun only isn't enough as i want to pursue her and get to know her deeply and Since in Egypt , it's rare for girls to date guys one-on-one (must be in groups) ,I find myself not progressing to the next step or I find it difficult sometimes to only have fun as I want her and desire her .

I m not an Afc or think like a Nice guy worshipping his one-itis . I m going out with 3 other girls but i still think and desire this chickkita...maybe it is Love . I don't know ..How would you guys (experienced ones please (mr. mystery , deep dish , icepick a-unit ,lifeforce ) define love without the afc, dj thing ?

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Crafty, this is really interesting to me because the situation you just described, the two month deal where you see her one day a week is exactly what I just got out of.

I thought it was going well, we have a fight one night and she cancels our Christmas and New Years plans. Now there were some red flags about her that I was concerned with, but 5 out of 7 of our dates went well.

I have some other girls so I'm not worried, but it does bother me!

thecraftylefty

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words guys.

HB_Hunter,

I don't know much about Egyptian culture and dating customs (with the group thing and all). But I do know that women like fun, just as us guys do. Getting a woman's blood (and emotions) pumping is a surefire to intrigue and pique her interest, however you go about doing that. Whether that's with some friends or by yourselves make sure she'll remember her time spent with you.

Ricky,

Ahh, the two month syndrome. From dating around and seeing quite a few women I've figured that the two month barrier is when most relationships either make or break. I'm not exactly sure why, but it's accurate from my experiences.

Even though I know this, I don't change a thing. I do things my way. If a girl doesn't get with the program it's not a huge loss. You have to build the bullpen (courtesy of Prosemont) so you don't worry about letting one slip away. Personally, I've had a few I really liked get away, but I wouldn't change a thing looking back. It's my life's adventure and I intend to live it my way.

thecraftylefty

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by thecraftylefty
Thanks for the kind words guys.

You have to build the bullpen (courtesy of Prosemont) so you don't worry about letting one slip away. Personally, I've had a few I really liked get away, but I wouldn't change a thing looking back. It's my life's adventure and I intend to live it my way.

thecraftylefty
THIS IS GREAT ADVICE PROSEMONT.

It does suck losing one of your bullpen. But you know I kind of compromised on this one anyways. Yes she was cute as hell, but she smoked was kind of a nut and there were some skeletons in her closet. I'm better off without her. I just wish it ended on my terms!

Mr. Mystery II

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Francisco,

I have alot of respect for your posts. You give practical advice to newbies very well. But could you elaborate alittle more on what you were saying with mindsets? Its tough to discuss something so vague.

HB Hunter,

First of all, what kind of "insight" did I bring to this thread? lol!

I don't wanna even touch the topic of love, because its something I have no clue about at this point in my life. I'm not sure I beleive in it at all.

As far as this girl you think/are in love with: Are you pursuing her at all? Dating customs in Egypt aside, you are putting this girl on a pedestal, you are afraid of her reactions. As long as thats happening I don't see much happening regardless of dating customs.

You gotta love who you are and have enough respect for yourself to understand you are worthy and capable of anything. Then no women will intimidate you, and no goal will daunt you.

Mr. Mystery