How To's - How to have a great time at parties (get girls at parties)

StuartScott

Banned
Reaction score
When I go to a party my objective is just to have a good time and if I hook up with a chick, then more power to me. If I become the center of attention, more power to me also.

I've been to small parties and really huge house parties where I didn't even know who was throwing it and for the most part, the folks that throw the party don't try to be the center of attention, they're more than likely just having the party so they can get laid more or less.

- (Looking Good) First things first. You got to look good. Dress good, take a shower, do your hair, brush your teeth, carry some chap stick and gum, polish your shoes, wear matching clothes. If you look good, you feel good.

- (Arriving) When you get to the party and not many folks are there(I personally hate getting there early)then try to make some friends, with girls and guys. Just be like "what's up man, my names Stu, what's your name" with dudes. I usually get there when the party is started, I just feel more comfortable like that. If you do get there early, just make some friends and chill out.

- (Being a DJ (Disc Jockey)) If you're a disc jockey, basically you got it made. One of my coworkers is this fat dude who gets all girls & guys attention at parties cuz he's a jockey. He knows when all the parties and gets invited to all parties and gets paid about $1000 a party. Since I know him, he can get me into any party even if I ain't invited cuz I'd be his company.

- (Bring A Camcorder) A great way to be the center of attention at a party without trying too hard is to bring a camcorder to the party (make sure it's a live party with lots of girls dancing and what not)and when the party gets live, post up on a pole in the middle of the dancefloor with your homeboys and start getting girls on camera dancing all freaky and stuff. A friend of mine did this and later on at the end of the party there happened to be a big fight btween 2 sexy ladies and he taped the whole fight, there was also another BIG fight at the end of the party on the grass with a lot of dudes and he got that fight on tape also. Next day at school people wanted to borrow the tape of the party and the fight since a lot of them left and didn't see the fight. The dude was already popular at the school but since it was THAT big of a party (the party was huge, like a College Party with lots of HS seniors from different HS) and people from all other schools wanted to see the tape, a lot of people knew who this guy was. Since he knew this, he started charging people 5 bucks for copies of the fight and he must have made roughly btween 500-1000 bucks off the tape)Anyway during the party, the dude just stayed on the dancefloor for about 1 1/2 hours just taping and people flocked around him talking to him and what not.

- (Dancing) It's self explanatory. If you can dance then it shouldn't be too hard, just get on the dance floor and start dancing. That itself should get peoples attention. If you can dance well, girls will be around you. If a girl is dancing by herself, start dancing with her, if she gives you that "Oh I'm just dancing by myself" line, then say "Then why are you here". If you are an average dancer then just get on the floor and dance in the general area of some ladies, a lot of times girls dance around you and then you can take it from there.

- (Talking To Girls) If you see a girl you like then you should go talk to her and see whats up. One good way to do this is just to catch her looking at you and smile and wave at ehr, if she smiles and waves back, then go up to her. Also, not all the pretty ladies are dancing, some are just chillin' also, just go talk to them. It ain't as hard as people make it out to be. One thing I like to do is be in an area where I know the girl is gonna be at and if I just happen to be standing next to her, then I'll just talk to them. I'd say a line like "howz it goin" or "you havin' fun" and just go from there.

- (Talking To Girls II) If you get into a convo with a girl, just remember to listen carefully and take what she says and work with it. Also remember Who, What, Where, When, Why, and How questions. That's the whole basis of the conversation right there. "Where you from", "What school do you go to", "How old are you", "what's your name". "What's up with this party".If you're trying to get laid, you can ask her what she's doing later on that night after the party and you can even go with her to get something to eat or what not after the party, but get her number.

- (Talking To Girls III) I don't just sneak up on a girl and start talking to her, she usually see's me or I smile at her b4 I talk to her. You gotta place yourself in the girls shoes sometimes, and I wouldn't like it if a dude just snuck up on me and started talking to me. It's also harder to keep up a good convo that way.

- (Drinking Alcohol) If you drink alcohol, then great. I've heard that it yields great results. I've also noticed people are more carefree upon alcohol consumption. Heres an example. I went to this party and I made some small talk with some dude, he recognized me from playing b-ball at my high school. Anyway, he said what's up to me and we talked for a minute. About 2 hours later that same dude comes up to me again and introduces himself. This time he had like 5 times more energy and even said to me "I know I alredy said what's up to you before but I ain't have no alcohol but now I'm drunk than a muthafukka"(something to that extent)That same dude who was quiet and in chill mode 2 hours ago was outgoing and hyped dancing with girls on the dancefloor and having a great time. I've never gotten drunk at a party b4 ut the next big party I go to, if I ain't driving then I'm getting drunk. Just don't overdo it to the point where you're just acting crazy and then black out.

- (Dancing With Your Boys) Here's a good tip if you have dancing skills. Dance with a dude. "But Stuart, that sounds kind of gay" . Let me finish dammit. I've seen it with my own 2 eyes. It's kind of hard to explain but you folks that have seen it know what I'm talking about. 2 of my homeboys who can dance were doing it and it got a lot of folks attention. Dance facing your homeboy but don't bump and grind with him, it's like a little dance competition btween the two of you and you start busting moves while your boyz are egging you on, then your homeboy trys to upstage you by dancing himself busting his own moves and making signs at you and stuff but you can start dancing at the same time, then since a couple of your boys are alreay there cheering you on, others will surely start watching and hooting and hollering at your every move. You gotta have dancing skills for this though.

- (Being Carefree & Having A Good Time) Also just let the comments flow when you're there. An easy way to do this is just to keep talking all the time, just talk, talk to your homeboys, talk about people there, talk about the music. For some reason, it's easier for me to say some witty comment on the spot when I'm talking instead of when I'm just quiet. I don't know how this works, but it's like that for me. You don't have to neg hit all the time. Like say you see a girl drinking out of a bottle and you see she has some nice lips, then say "You got some sexy lips".
I said that one time, the girl started blushing. If a girl looks kinda cute say "Yeah, you lookin' kinda cute". If a girl with a nice a$$ walks past you say "Yeah, you gotta nice DONK". So on and so forth. These comments aren't like lines for you to hook up with some girl, but you're just having a good time. Some girls might act like their all high and mighty while other girls will laugh, or blush, or reply to your comments. I like just checking out the scene with my homeboys just having a good time and messing with the ladies. Not necessarily trying to hook up but just for fun. If you say these lines to say 20 girls, the chances of all 20 girls acting like biitches is kind of low. That's why I guess it's good to have a little alcohol in you b/c you won't give a fukk and $hit will flow more freely from your mouth.

- (Parkin' Lot Pimpin') Have you ever heard of "parkin' lot pimpin'." I did this one time and got 3 numbers. check it, you and a few of your friends (you could even do it yourself)just chill in the parking lot or in your car or the driveway b4, during, or after the party (or club) and look at the ladies b/c b4 and after is when everyone is leaving. So you see a lady that you like, position yourself so that she sees you, or she'll walk in your direction and you can say something to her as she walks by. You can be like "where you headed", you could throw in a compliment like "you have some sexy legs" or whatever or ask her what her name is or like I said b4 just ask her "where are you about to go", get her attention, if she reciprocates then leave her to be, if she's open to your responses, talk to her for a second then get her phone number.

- (Don'ts) 1.)If you have no rhythm whatsoever and can't even bump and grind, don't dance. 2.)Don't sit down and drink the whole time you're there. 3.)Don't have bad breath or chapped lips. 4.)Don't dress like you don't give a fukk. 5.)Don't play basketball, then go home, wash your face, throw some cologne on, and get dressed to go to the party. 6.)Don't stand in one place motionless the whole time. If you look good, some girls may come to you but it's highly unlikely 7.)If a girl is acting like a biitch, don't make yourself uncomfortable by talking to her, just leave her to be and go talk to other folks, guys, girls whatever.

- (Bottom Line) Finally, the most important tip of all is just to have a good time. Enjoy yourself. Don't do like other folks and put pressure on yourself to be the center of attention, or to talk to girls, or to impress anyone. You want to come home and say to yourself "That was a great party" or "I had a blast". Just have a good time and let things come to you.

[This message has been edited by StuartScott (edited 05-31-2002).]

De La Soul

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good tips.

Turbobird

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I think most of the stuff in your post is really basic and just average stuff that most of the people master, but there are some good stuff like parking lot thing and the camcorder. I really liked the camcorder tip, but I don’t want to have it broken.

Examples of boring questions: "Where you from", "What school do you go to", "How old are you", "what's your name". "What's up with this party".

I agree that people could lighten up by using alcohol, but a DJ should always maintain largest possible control over himself.

I guess dancing with guys would be okay if you can’t get a girl.

“If you have no rhythm whatsoever and can't even bump and grind, don't dance.”
I have to tell that I totally lack rhythm. However, I dance and have fun, and I think that eventually even I could learn how to dance. I’ve tried some grinding, but it wasn’t going too well.

Thanks for the tip, StuartScott.

[This message has been edited by Turbobird (edited 05-30-2002).]

StuartScott

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by Turbobird:
I think most of the stuff in your post is really basic and just average stuff that most of the people master, but there are some good stuff like parking lot thing and the camcorder. I really liked the camcorder tip, but I don’t want to have it broken.

That's the point, it's just basic stuff, but how often do you see a whole bunch of wallflowers at parties. People just standing there not having fun. I see this all the time. It ain't supposed to be rocket science ya know.

Examples of boring questions: "Where you from", "What school do you go to", "How old are you", "what's your name". "What's up with this party".

These are just basic questions you ask a girl if you don't have some kind of witty comment or joke into the convo. What questions would you ask to someone you have never met b4? It ain't supposed to be too complicated, you just ask those questions to start it off then branch from there and have fun wit it, but if you have nothing planned, it's good to just keep it simple.

I agree that people could lighten up by using alcohol, but a DJ should always maintain largest possible control over himself.

I've never used alcohol b4 but the people around me seem to be having a blast and they usually aren't completely wasted, just buzzed enough to loosen up.

I guess dancing with guys would be okay if you can’t get a girl.

That wasn't my point. Guys do this all the time. It's not like their dancing intimately. Their having a contest. Actually not really a contest, but they're just hyping each other up. I've even done it when I was dancing with a girl, my friend was dancing with a girl but we were still hyping each other up, like I said, it's hard to explain, you gotta see it to know what I'm talking about. Even if they can get girls, Guys always do this.

“If you have no rhythm whatsoever and can't even bump and grind, don't dance.”
I have to tell that I totally lack rhythm. However, I dance and have fun, and I think that eventually even I could learn how to dance. I’ve tried some grinding, but it wasn’t going too well.

I mean it's good to have fun but don't embarrass yourself, is what I'm getting at.

Thanks for the tip, StuartScott.

No prob.

[This message has been edited by StuartScott (edited 06-19-2002).]

Turbobird

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by StuartScott:
These are just basic questions you ask a girl if you don't have some kind of witty comment or joke into the convo. What questions would you ask to someone you have never met b4? It ain't supposed to be too complicated, you just ask those questions to start it off then branch from there and have fun wit it, but if you have nothing planned, it's good to just keep it simple.
Okay. I just wanted to point out that a convo should not carry on as that. It’s probably an ok start if you can’t come up with anything else. I want to say to the newbies that you should not jump between different subjects. If you ask her about her school, than stick to the subject for a while. As often pointed out on this forum, questions should involve feelings. “How have your day been?” “How did you like...”.

I wait with asking for her name to check her interest. I never ask for her age because than she will ask for my age, and that isn’t good if she is older than me. I usually ask what she does for living. If she is working, than I know that she is at least older than 18. If she is studying, than I could ask her where she is studying and what year. This is a lot more subtle than asking directly for her age.

------------------
/Turbobird

Demon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey Stuart! Great article, but I've never been to any parties in SoCal where there's a lot of dancing. The only party where people were dancing was at a New Years Party, but... heh... Can I just say that it's great to watch 3-4 girls get it on, on the floor? Hehe. Ok... so maybe that was a swingers party, but hey... =)

StuartScott

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks, but some of these tips may be useful at clubs also. Since you live in SoCal there must be big parties e'rywhere. For real. Usually I hear from word of mouf about the parties and plus my homeboy is a disc jockey so I know when all the big parties are, but you live in Cali and I'm sure Colleges like UCLA, USC, Northridge, Pepperdine ( I know folks that go to those colleges) and what not are always throwing parties, and High Schools always throw some crazy house parties and what not.

[This message has been edited by StuartScott (edited 05-31-2002).]

dip

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
good tips! i will deff use them, but i have one thing to say.

about drinking, dont get DRUNK, get a BUZZ(thats just one or two drinks, or about 3 shots). if u get a buzz, you will act crazy and FUN, if u get drunk, u will be booring...

Demon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So dip... I guess I was only buzzed on New Years when I had 20-30 bottles of Smirnoff Ice, and topped it off with a bottle of Martini? Because dang, I was having a blast, and people we're having fun too! They didn't think I was boring. Though they were a bit worried that I might get alcohol poisoning.

Teacher: Name one attribute that describes you.
Student: High tolerance to the effects of alcohol!

--

For the rest of you, don't have too many drinks. Just a few will loosen you up. Hell, I asked one of the hottest chicks that I've seen for her number, and I got it. But she was a little more than buzzed. Hehe.

[This message has been edited by Demon (edited 06-01-2002).]

Kenturkey

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by StuartScott:
Dance facing your homeboy but don't bump and grind with him, it's like a little dance competition btween the two of you and you start busting moves while your boyz are egging you on, then your homeboy trys to upstage you by dancing himself busting his own moves and making signs at you and stuff but you can start dancing at the same time, then since a couple of your boys are alreay there cheering you on, others will surely start watching and hooting and hollering at your every move. You gotta have dancing skills for this though.

"Oh my god! They're breakdance-fighting!"

lil devun

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Demon:
So dip... I guess I was only buzzed on New Years when I had 20-30 bottles of Smirnoff Ice, and topped it off with a bottle of Martini?
20-30 bottles!!

as if!

Peter Parker

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Demon:
So dip... I guess I was only buzzed on New Years when I had 20-30 bottles of Smirnoff Ice, and topped it off with a bottle of Martini? Because dang, I was having a blast, and people we're having fun too! They didn't think I was boring. Though they were a bit worried that I might get alcohol poisoning.

Teacher: Name one attribute that describes you.
Student: High tolerance to the effects of alcohol!

--

For the rest of you, don't have too many drinks. Just a few will loosen you up. Hell, I asked one of the hottest chicks that I've seen for her number, and I got it. But she was a little more than buzzed. Hehe.

[This message has been edited by Demon (edited 06-01-2002).]
It most be your ghost posting B cuz u would be dead. I get piss drunk off 6 Smirnoff is the ****

------------------
Unknown
To grow, you must be willing to let your present and future be totally unlike your past. Your history is not your destiny."

Aiken_Drum

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey Stuart, you never tried Alcohol?? How old are you? I think you should try it already, pretty fun when used with moderation (check my reply in the misc forum on the post "First drinking exp" or something. That was too much!).
Great tips by the way, I agree, the most important thing at parties is to HAVE FUN & be outgoing.

------------------
"In doing good, avoid notoriety; in doing evil, avoid self-awareness" Duncan Idaho, Mentat (Dune).

"I can imagine a perfect world, a world without hate, a world without war. Then I can imagine us attacking that world
because they'd never expect it." --Jack Handey's "Deep Thoughts"

StuartScott

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by Aiken_Drum:
Hey Stuart, you never tried Alcohol?? How old are you? I think you should try it already, pretty fun when used with moderation (check my reply in the misc forum on the post "First drinking exp" or something. That was too much!).
Great tips by the way, I agree, the most important thing at parties is to HAVE FUN & be outgoing.

Unfortunately I haven't, I wish I had a few time's when I was 17 cuz, one time a girl was digging me and had alcohol, and my friend noticed I was too uptight and told me to get drunk but I didn't, I ended up making out with the girl but if I was drinking, I could have gotten laid, oh well, live and learn. Oh yeah, I'm 19 by the way.

Daladiezman

Don Juan
Reaction score
Once,I went to a club and asked a girl to

dance. She yelled NO! get away from me. I

just said Okkkay, and backed off. After

this, I just sat down for a while with some

friends i was with who weren't dancing.

While talking with my friends, I noticed the

girl that rejected me looking at me

occasionally. After about 5 minutes, i

started asking other women to dance and they

said ok. The girl who rejected me was

looking sad because all of the women i was

pulling in. In summary, if you ask a girl to

dance and she has a bad attitude, don't let

that spoil your fun. Just move on to the

next girl. This shows that you have high

confidence too! It is guarunteed that the

girl that rejects you will see how you act
afterwards.

Daladiezman

Don Juan
Reaction score
Once,I went to a club and asked a girl to

dance. She yelled NO! get away from me. I

just said Okkkay, and backed off. After

this, I just sat down for a while with some

friends i was with who weren't dancing.

While talking with my friends, I noticed the

girl that rejected me looking at me

occasionally. After about 5 minutes, i

started asking other women to dance and they

said ok. The girl who rejected me was

looking sad because all of the women i was

pulling in. In summary, if you ask a girl to

dance and she has a bad attitude, don't let

that spoil your fun. Just move on to the

next girl. This shows that you have high

confidence too! It is guarunteed that the

girl that rejects you will want to see how you act afterwards.

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Alcohol cuts both ways.

If you have *any* remaining chump tendencies, too much alcohol can bring them out.

For example, you might make dorky conversation with a gal you oughta leave alone.

This is especially true if you don't need a buzz to cut loose & get a bit wild.

aznbreakerjrey

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
That dancing with guys stuff is called "battling." You can be doing the shake, popping, raving, b-boying, etc, but the point is to upstage the other dude by doing fancier, cooler, and better moves than he did the last turn.

dip

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
nicee post!! im going to a party tonite...im gonna use most of these tips