Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How to stop GF using pet names

Huffman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys, long time no see. You know, I've been in a pretty good relationship these past couple of years! But every now and then, I need to look myself in the mirror and make sure I'm still in control, and that I'm not losing my touch, being committed and all that.

Now my girl is the sweetest thing, and really not manipulative at all. But recently she has started to use pet names more frequently, even though she knows I disapprove.

Anyway, long story short. What stuff do you guys do when your girl is getting too comfortable with that cuddly, matronizing behaviour? It seems silly to throw a tantrum over it, but it turns me off so much I need it to stop.

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So there’s this thing that I actually learned to do a long time ago that I found really useful throughout my daily life it’s so useful that I probably wouldn’t be able to live without it. It’s called “talking” to people. If you don’t like your girl using pet names on you, then talk to her. Let her know how you understand that she likes you and all, but that it’s a pet peeve of yours because it’s condescending or patronizing or whatever. Or just say that you don’t like it and you don’t know why, and just ask her if she could please stop it.

Dingo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why would you not like it ?

Your in LTR with a sweet girl that likes and cares about you enough to use pet names. Consider yourself lucky. You're not going to lose Alpha points or frame.

JMHO

RickTheToad

Reaction score
Shows affection. Nothing wrong with it. Unless it's a really bad one. Like my little dribble sh!t or something.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I guess if it really bugs you that much you could talk to her. But I kind of agree with Dingo and Rick. Pick your battles, and Is This Really Something That Matters?

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
Now my girl is the sweetest thing, and really not manipulative at all.
^She must be a master manipulator.

Anyhow, just inform her you'd prefer a more masculine nick name like Devil, Godzilla, slit-eyed demon...she'll get the drift.

sazc

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am on board with the just talk to her and tell her you don't like it and ask her to stop Camp if my man said using pet names turned him off, damn skippy it would end.

Now, if you have already spoken to her about this and she continues to do it anyway, you do realize that this is disrespectful? On a lot of levels relationships, good relationships, are about valuing the other person.

As other posters have said, this is a very small situation, it should be very easy for YOUR GIRLFRIEND to honor your wishes and stop doing it.

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"whatever you say, sugarmuffins!":p

El Payaso

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think he doesn't like it because he doesn't want to be too attached.

Just tell her you don't like pet names.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
Boils down to communication. Just ask her nicely, hey babe, I do not like that name. I would prefer you do not call me that name. If she respects you, she will stop calling you that name. Need to set standards for the relationship.

Dash Riprock

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Speaking from much experience, women love to have pet names for people they love and/or are very fond of.

It's actually a good sign provided the name is not condescending in a passive-aggressive way. Maybe she always calls you "Mr. Busy Boy" because you're never around or "Mr. Grumpy" if you don't want to do something or have sex. THEN, tell her you don't like it and employ silence and distance if she won't stop. But, if the names are truly pet names (pumpkin, loverboy, stud muffin--come to mind) then just laugh and roll with it. LTRs are about give and take and much compromise and yes, sometimes in life you need to put up with a little irritating behavior from people because they're not perfect. Pick and choose your battles carefully in a LTR and don't let the little s*hit bother you. Make one up for her that's silly and playful and then agree to only use them when you're NOT in public.

Not a big deal and in most cases a positive sign.

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You said she knows you disprove. That means you’ve told her you don’t like it but she keeps doing it. That’s a bit of a pisstake, look her in the eye and say you meant it before when you said stop calling you it. See what her response is and go from there.

Don’t blow it out of proportion, but don’t take the advice here and let her get away with it if you’re not comfortable. Would you keep calling her something she didn’t like? There’s your answer.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If she already knows you disapprove as your post suggests, the next step is to ignore her and remove attention. This WILL get her to sop.

I personally like pet names from my woman. It shows her femininity. I do know however that some men hate that.