Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How to Spot a DJ

Señor Fingers

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Though this is just an internet forum where most of us never see each other's faces, it's relatively easy to figure out who has game here and who is talking out their ass. Of course it is only easy when you have game yourself :cool:

So for all you lurkers and noobs out there who find themselves confused by conflicting messages and dodgy advice, here is a handy little guide for you to determine who you should listen to...

Real Don Juan = Blue
Wannabe Player = Red

Social Grace
• Great sense of humor. Can diffuse just about any situation with his wit.
• Takes himself dead serious. Argues often and is defensive to a fault.

Vibe/Energy
• Laidback and relaxed in his interactions. A cool player.
• Overly emotional with a tendency to overreact. A drama queen.

Authenticity
• Speaks from personal experiences with women.
• Only makes observations about OTHER PEOPLE with women.

Flexibility
• Open-minded towards all subjects and people (live and let live).
• Terribly rigid in thinking. Struggles to place everyone into neat categories.

Outlook on Life
• A positive mental attitude. Enjoys sharing this vibe.
• Endless whining and criticism. Thrives off "warning" others.

Advice/Tips
• Practical, pragmatic advice that is clearly field-tested.
• Worthless, generalized ideas based on theoretical calculations.

Originality
• Fresh ideas which spring from a life with purpose and meaning.
• Recycled ideas and repetitive posts, rooted in obsession and a refusal to grow the f*ck up.

Accountability
• Takes charge and responsibility of situations. Creates his world.
• At the mercy of circumstance. Lives as a perpetual victim.

Tone
• Uplifting, inspiring, helpful, humble, compassionate and soulful.
• Insulting, spiteful, egotistical, arrogant, ignorant and terribly predictable.

Level of Exchange
• Talks WITH you.
• Talks AT you.

Overall
• Posts quality.
• Posts quantity.

I'm sure others will chime in to fill out the picture a bit more. But this should serve well as a pocket map to navigate the sometimes treacherous waters here at SS.

Enjoy your stay and be careful who you listen to!

Deep Dish

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Here's how you spot a DJ

Kidding. ;)

And yes, I agree.

logic1

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Good post

How about an open and honest evaluation of members to be critiqed by other members

Example: me as "logic1" would start a thread such as, members please evaluate my (logic1) behaviour on this forum. I think a person could learn alot.:D ........................................................

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
:up: Very nice. Just a couple of comments:

Señor Fingers said:
Originality
• Fresh ideas which spring from a life with purpose and meaning.
• Recycled ideas and repetitive posts, rooted in obsession and a refusal to grow the f*ck up.
:up:This was funny as hell because it's true...
Señor Fingers said:
Overall
• Posts quality.
• Posts quantity.
Should I feel offended? Everyone knows that quantity matters!!! :woo:

Señor Fingers

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Francisco,

You cover enough of the other points for us to forgive your 15000+ posts (damn that is an awful lot though, LOL!)

It deserves mentioning that even I fall short sometimes in a few of these areas. It's really a matter of consistency though.. you really get a feel for who is successful and who is frustrated based on the themes that people post over time.

Mad Manic

Banned
Reaction score
mr_elor said:
There's a few exceptions, but as a general rule of thumb, yeah I'd agree. You can definitely tell who's got experience and who's talking out their ass
LOL no you can't, anyone can boast and post nonsense on a forum, it's words on a screen. Unless someone puts up videos or decent photos then it's all just conjecture. I think the same rule of thumb applies with everything; take what's useful, discard what's not, simple.

MM

navyseal2101

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ahah i have a friend who is totally all reds lol

KontrollerX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Its a decent list by fingz that we can all learn a great deal from.

My only real criticism is the originality section.

For the DJ part of it...though I am by no means a religious man I think the book of Ecclessiastes from the Bible has it right at least concerning ideas and what it said that I agree with is "There is nothing new under the sun" so pretty much every seemingly new and great idea is merely re-packaged by someone else and embraced heartily by people who have never heard the idea expressed before because its original inventor has likely been dead for quite a while. For example Pook stole a lot of his material that posters loved him so much for from Nietchze, the Bible and Shakespeare.

The non DJ part well hey a guy could also do this because he suffers from Obsessive Compulsive Disorder so "growing the fvck up" isn't really going to help him much. Therapy will however.

guru1000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Let's throw a few names out there and apply them to the following standards. :yes:

Victory Unlimited

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
<<<<<<< This just in from CNN Affiilate, WVUN >>>>>>>

Due to a recent outbreak of suspiciously AFC/Wannabe Player threads and posts ocurring on So Suave, the National Board of DJ Authentification has issued an ALERT. Earlier today, warnings went out to all members of the So Suave community!

"There's definitely been a lot of weak-assed, lame-assed, depressing-assed, and defeatist-assed posts on here lately! For a minute, I thought we were under the attack of some rival forum, but I was mistaken. These guys are actually from HERE!!!!" reported a secret source from within the Sosuave Council of DJ Standards and Practices----who wished to remain anonymous.

So incensed by the recent rash of "rubbish", The Council began monitoring suspiciously Non-DJ activity all across the So Suave community. However, it was only when the level of AFCism splashed over the highest barricade that we have, "The Mature Man Forum", was when council members decided that something HAD to be done.

"Aww HELL, naw! We've got to SAVE this discussion board!" The head of the council exclaimed. "Even if it means finding someone willing to risk his life and limb to go out and find us evidence that a true "DJ" even exists!"

Another council member said, "Seeing real DJs around here has gotten to be so goddamned rare that we've actually asked some well known scientists, archaeologists, and adventurers to even consider coming out of RETIREMENT to help us dig up a true "DJ"-----because we NEED one so damned badly."

In fact, as PROOF of the great lengths that So Suave has went to to spot, find, and capture a REAL DJ, they have released a photo of the man they believe is most likely to SUCCEED in this dangerous quest!

Click HERE, for the exclusive photo!!!!!

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Victory Unlimited said:
In fact, as PROOF of the great lengths that So Suave has went to to spot, find, and capture a REAL DJ, they have released a photo of the man they believe is most likely to SUCCEED in this dangerous quest!

Click HERE, for the exclusive photo!!!!!
VU, how about this guy we have in the basement? He at least has a good grasp of C/F!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Hx6TEqrzHU

Oh yeah, his theme music is way better... :up:

Señor Fingers

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
KontrollerX said:
My only real criticism is the originality section.

For the DJ part of it...though I am by no means a religious man I think the book of Ecclessiastes from the Bible has it right at least concerning ideas and what it said that I agree with is "There is nothing new under the sun"
If the sun was a regular poster here, then I would concede, cause that guy has seen EVERYTHING.

The rest of us mortals must make do with subjective originality, as in ideas or experiences that are a genuine discovery to US.

KontrollerX said:
...pretty much every seemingly new and great idea is merely re-packaged by someone else and embraced heartily by people who have never heard the idea expressed before because its original inventor has likely been dead for quite a while.
Whether you are influenced by Shakespeare or Tupac Shakur is irrelevant, as long as your eyes are opened to something that resonates and pushes you in a new direction.

I think you will agree that the mere recital of ideas is not enough. We must first color them with our experiences and perceptions in order to truly make them original.

To me its not about re-inventing the wheel as much as customizing it to suit the terrain upon which you travel.

KontrollerX said:
The non DJ part well hey a guy could also do this because he suffers from Obsessive Compulsive Disorder so "growing the fvck up" isn't really going to help him much. Therapy will however.
^^ This is definitely worth mentioning and I'm glad you brought it up.

One of my best friends, JJ has OCD (He's a natural who I have posted about before).

You would never know it from talking to him, but all his life the guy has struggled with obsession over the tiniest details, often crippling him from making decisions or just being at peace. It got to the point where he was desperate for a solution.

He tried psychotherapy, hypnosis, prayer.. you name it, but nothing worked. Know how he finally overcame it?

He GREW UP.

One day he realized that he couldn't blame his problems on his "illness" anymore, and no one could really help him except himself. He simply needed to become ACCOUNTABLE.

He started to investigate and eventually signed up for a Vipassana meditation retreat.. (basically a free, guided ten-day meditation consisting of a vow of total silence with zero distractions) and emerged a new man.

The way he described his experience was eye-opening:

JJ said:
It's like seeing yourself for what you actually are.. something that transcends any words I could ever speak or put into concrete form. I saw every facet of myself, including the one that sabotages me at every turn. I recognized his patterns and habits and as a result I learned how to HUNT HIM DOWN in my day-to-day. I saw that my OBSESSION was really just misplaced FOCUS.. instead of counting squares in the street I use that power to stay on top of myself, controlling and directing my thoughts with a precision and ease I never knew before...
Now I'm not advocating mediation as a guaranteed cure for mental disorders, but IMHO, it is an effective vehicle for putting someone in touch with themselves. Most of us move through life with our brains on autopilot and totally oblivious to what our needs and expectations are.

Once we face ourselves, there are no longer any excuses to keep us from our goals. Don't get me wrong - life is definitely not fair and sometimes the odds are stacked against us, (whether it be looks, height, race, or whatever else we feel is holding us back.)

But all that is irrelevant in the world of a man who knows himself, what he wants and is relentless in his pursuit of his objectives.

This is why dudes like VU and Interceptor get so much love and respect here. They understand that living is a daily battle, not against AMOGs, c0ckblocks, haters or feminists. Those are just diversions.

No, the real war waged WITHIN - struggling against all odds despite the naysayers, statistics and myriad of other excuses that stand in our way, because we VALUE ourselves and the short flash of time we have on this planet.

This acceptance of responsibility comes hand-in-hand with maturity.

Señor Fingers

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Victory Unlimited said:
<<<<<<< This just in from CNN Affiilate, >>>>>>>
Sorry VU, that's a typo. As I've mentioned before, our official news network is DNN :D

the National Board of DJ Authentification has issued an ALERT
Hehe.. I totally picture one of those terrorist alert bars. Hmm.. where are we today? No-Balls Yellow? Supplication Orange? AFC Nuke Red????

Edit: I slapped this together for ya VU

guru1000 said:
Let's throw a few names out there and apply them to the following standards.
I think you guys know exactly which posters have inspired this post ;)

Last edited:

azanon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Can I be completely honest? Not your best work, SF. Insight slightly more meaningful than:
Attitude:
DJ - Positive
Wanna be - Negative.

Come-on, SF ;-)

Señor Fingers

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not your best work, SF. Insight slightly more meaningful than:
Attitude:
DJ - Positive
Wanna be - Negative.
It's that simple to you because you been around the block already.

Keep in mind this post is really aimed at newjacks and is essentially worthless for seasoned DJs (other than for mild entertainment value)

It certainly wouldn't do much good to the noobs to say "Listen to positive people and ignore the negative ones". For many of these chaps, the line between the two is quite blurry. Unless you have real intuition on your side, it really is difficult to choose the voices you listen to, because regardless of where the average DJ falls on this scale, most of the fellas here are fairly intelligent and well-spoken.

In this respect it's more helpful to recognize the behaviors, reactions and energy of people who are either on their way up and out to enlighten, or stuck in a rut, where misery loves company.

You are entitled to your opinion though and I just might be offended if it weren't for that little smiley at the end. That little guy just saved you from getting red marks in my book :D

comic_relief

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
He GREW UP.

One day he realized that he couldn't blame his problems on his "illness" anymore, and no one could really help him except himself. He simply needed to become ACCOUNTABLE.
I believe that if anybody can take one thing of advice from this entire forum is to realize that you are responsible for your own problems.

This does many things such as take you out of a victim mentality to a more proactive stance where you can change your life.

comic_relief

Latinoman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
comic_relief said:
I believe that if anybody can take one thing of advice from this entire forum is to realize that you are responsible for your own problems.

This does many things such as take you out of a victim mentality to a more proactive stance where you can change your life.

comic_relief
BINGO!

It is called accountability.

MikeYikes122

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Outlook on Life
• A positive mental attitude. Enjoys sharing this vibe.
• Endless whining and criticism. Thrives off "warning" others.
This is probably the only one I need to work on. I can get a little negative sometimes, not on the message board, but in real life. Most of it comes from hating my job. The good news is, I'm done in August! :up:

Good post though. I agreed with all of it.