"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

How to say, "sweetie we have come to end of the line. it's over"?

Squy

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 29, 2002
Messages
631
Reaction score
2
Age
43
Location
Carl Berner, Oslo
Nothing is wrong, noone had cheated on the other, or anything like that. It's just that the feeling isn't there anymore, and I feel we're too different.

So, I need help on this, since she lived way to far away from me. I would have to do this on the phone or email, or IM/messenger.
Maybe you have any suggestions to what method to use, and how to type or say it?

It's gonna break her heart though, even though she is the one who came up with the break up idea first.
 

"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

A-Unit

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 6, 2004
Messages
1,515
Reaction score
43
Sounds simple enough to me.

Why sugar coat it?

Beating around the bush always leads to more pain. The other party may *assume* there's something left in the future and cling to false hope.

Being direct is much more respectful, leads to less pain in the long wrong, gets what you desire accomplished.

You nailed it on the head. Go forward with that and don't waste time.

Besides, if she started the convo, then what's the big deal?



A-Unit
 

jakeyboy

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 14, 2004
Messages
632
Reaction score
4
Age
40
Location
Melbourne, Victoria
if you decide to be mean, call her and say...


"guess what... congratulations... you're single."

why would it break her heart? if she was the first to suggest the breakup, she wont be hurt.. it was a sign of low interest! a woman with high interest level, must want to MARRY you.. NEXT HER already.
 
Top