Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How to react if/when girl that blew me off calls back?

crackhead

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Was supposed to go out with a girl wednesday night (2nd date, 1st date was like a month ago and I didn't make any moves, been waiting for the 2nd date to make a move). She calls to say she's tired apologetically and that we should do something this weekend (sounding sincere), so I said something like let's *definitely* go out saturday. She agreed. I was gonna email her friday and decisively tell her when I was going to pick her up, where we were going to go, and what we were going to do. But, I decided to leave the ball fully in her court and cut off contact and wait until SHE calls, as she has already flaked a couple times in the last month when we made plans to go out.

I figured if I don't hear from her by 6, I will take up my friends offer to tag along to a party.

It's about 6:10

So, she definitely doesn't have a high enough IL to want to hook up tonight and initiate a call on her own, but I think it would be strange if I don't hear back from her at some point since up until now she's been pretty good at returning calls/calling me in the last month or so. (I speculate that she sees me more as a friend and doesn't want to put herself in the position of me making a move on her.)

Maybe the damage has already been done and I've ****ed up my chances of getting in to her sweet panties (I've been kinda trying to play it cool and not come on too strong), BUT how do I react when/if she calls?

My gut, frustrated reaction is to be like "I can take a hint, if you don't want to hook up, I'l stop bothering you"

But I know that would be unwise and detrimental to the chances of ever getting in to her sweet vagina.

So I want to sound positive/confident like I don't care about it, but at the same time I don't want to send her the signal like "sure, I don't care if you blow me off/I'm here waiting for you like a pathetic doormat!"

Where is the healthy middle ground between reacting negatively and coming off like a soft AFC that will keep coming back after broken dates and blow offs? And/or how do people recommend playing this out?

Reaction score
Its f*cking simple. If she calls you and apoligizes, accept it and if she talks about another date, just tell her "I'll have to see". You aren't completly rejecting her(even though thats the case), and you aren't accepting her offer to be blown off again....And after that, MOVE ON! don't set up anymore dates with her, she's wasted your time twice, why should you let it happen again?

The Business Man

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yea seriously, man. If she's wasting your time don't bother with her. And the only reason to be polite about it is so you won't blow your chances with any of her friends, etc.

Just remember she is the one who messed up and move on.

iqqi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
how are you going to say lets definately go out sat, then not call and set up the date?

she probaly thinks you are not serious. i'd be annoyed.

she isn't REALLY flaking out, unless you REALLY set up a date.

Reaction score
How long have you been trying to date or get in her sh*t?

crackhead

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ya think? We pretty much REALLY set up a date. SHE said "let's do something this weekend"

I said how about friday, she said can't friday, so we agreed on saturday. We did not discuss what time I would pick her up, but it was all but fully declared.

You think it's too late to call? I think this is a perfect situation to cut off contact and wait for her to call to determine real IL

iqqi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
wellllll. you don't really have a good reason to blow her off. if you say "what happened to you Saturday?", she can say "well, wtf, what happened to you?"

this is one of those situations where you should have definatley set it up, because now who really knows. you were just as flakey, if not more so, as her.

BTW, the damage is perhaps done. If I was you, I'd call and cancel the date officially. Or atleast sound like you are going to. That way if she wasn't interestd, whatever, cause you "had something better to do" and if she is (sounds extremely disappointed), just be like, "well, i guess we can do something really quick".

And this is perfect if you get the answering machine, cuz it makes you classy for calling, and unavailable because you can't make the date. This is one of the only situations I can think of where you have an excuse to call a girl to tell her you are not available.

crackhead

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I feel you, and look at it kind of differently now. But, I guess the biggest factor in deciding to wait for her to call was because that was the 3rd time in a month she broke plans and also because of her vibe when she called to cancel the other night, she was like "I'm sorry, your gonna kill me" etc. I figured if she IS really sorry, she'd want to initiate calling me, and if she didn't, I should take it as a sign that I should cut off contact to determine IL

It's like damned if you do, damned if you don't.. I'm just trying not to be calling too much/clingy because on paper she has broken 3 dates, but if you are right iqqi, it sounds like I ****ed it up worse

crackhead

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I just left a message

it probably could have been stronger in the "you have something better to do, thus you are the prize she needs to win" dept. but, probably better then full on flaking HER

i still feel like the ball should be in her court though... we'll see

crackhead

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I just said something like "I know we had plans to go out, but it doesn't look like tonight's gonna be good for me anyway, but we should totally hang out some time soon" or something...

I think it probably came off a little contrived, and it could have sounded smoother too... I kinda had that akward voicemail tone at the end

oh well, I still maintain the ball should be in her court with 3 broken dates

****it, tonight, I'm going to check out a couple parties

iqqi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
well, for what it's worth, that was almost perfect.

"I know we had plans tonight, but tonight isn't going to be good for me. Sorry! Talk to ya later."

Short and simple. But you did ok.

See, don't treat her like an enemy. She is just a little out of line, so it is your mission if you are interested, to help steer her back in line. That's all. By seeming unavailable, this will hopefully steer her towards making more of an effort.

crackhead

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
good **** iqqi,

she left me a voicemail about an hour after I left mine saying if you wanna do something this week call me

so, we will see what happens this week