How to overcome shortness?

MaxLove

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hello fellow DJs! I am new to this site, and can consider myself a reforming AFC...

Long story short, one of my biggest problems is my physical shortness (5'5"). I am over it with my height a long time ago already. I did struggle with it when I was younger (26 now). Right now I am a man of many talents (piano, MMA, well spoken, intelligent, good looking, etc) and I know that I have a lot going for me (stable job too).

I have dated women fine, but they are all women shorter than me. That is not to say that there's a shortage of women less than my height (excuse the pun), but I realized that often time when I go out, taller women tend to ignore me. And sometimes, knowing that there's a large portion of women I am not qualified with diminishes my confidence.

I am trying to continue to improve my game, of course. I feel quite confident about myself, though I know that I can work on my body more. I only weight 135 (mostly because I am a fighter, and don't want to bulk up too much). And in the world of night clubs and bars, needless to say my physique doesn't quite pique women's interest.

What do you guys think I can work on? Anyone with similar experience to share?

Reaction score
MaxLove said:
Hello fellow DJs! I am new to this site, and can consider myself a reforming AFC...

Long story short, one of my biggest problems is my physical shortness (5'5"). I am over it with my height a long time ago already. I did struggle with it when I was younger (26 now). Right now I am a man of many talents (piano, MMA, well spoken, intelligent, good looking, etc) and I know that I have a lot going for me (stable job too).

I have dated women fine, but they are all women shorter than me. That is not to say that there's a shortage of women less than my height (excuse the pun), but I realized that often time when I go out, taller women tend to ignore me. And sometimes, knowing that there's a large portion of women I am not qualified with diminishes my confidence.

I am trying to continue to improve my game, of course. I feel quite confident about myself, though I know that I can work on my body more. I only weight 135 (mostly because I am a fighter, and don't want to bulk up too much). And in the world of night clubs and bars, needless to say my physique doesn't quite pique women's interest.

What do you guys think I can work on? Anyone with similar experience to share?
Easy: DISQUALIFY YOURSELF. Go for LJBF, use them as pivots (my technique from 1999!), and let them know about the OTHER women in your life. You know, the women who don't have hangups about height. The longer you stay in the "friend zone" the more it becomes the RED ZONE, as in easy to score from.

Chicks LOVE self-awareness.

BigJimbo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
One of the greatest womanizers in Hollywood history was this little Frenchman. If you don't believe me just do some research on him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qknoN-mZAFE
Laugh if you will, but your mothers would have banged him while your fathers were laughing at him.

thevilittletroll

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
its all about inner game. it only matters if it matters to you. just get over it. i'm 5-7 and have dated many girls who were a lot taller than me one inparticular was 5-10 and 6-2 in heels. just act like it doesnt matter, work on your game and your inner confidence.

DanDaMan

Don Juan
Reaction score
it's all about how you feel you stack up in the pecking order against the fellas around you.

Personally, I am extremely intelligent, witty, and successful, and I know that in today's world, THAT equals power, NOT physical size (unless you're an athlete, which is very niche). At the end of the day, this mating game is all about biology and having traits that ensure successful, survivable progeny.

****, even in a caveman world, I think being clever and socially skilled and being able to make alliances and friends would be more valuable than having brute size.

I'd rather be short and clever rather than tall and of average intelligence any day. I'm 5'7 btw, if not 5'6.

When I was a kid, my father always told me "dont worry about what the other kids obsess about. Also you'll realize when you grow up that a lot of people are foolish. Study hard, work hard, and learn to be productive. When you'll grow up, you'll realize THAT'S what REALLY matters." he have me a damn good head start. Thanks pops.

Lord Sidious

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey, man!

I´m part of the club, too. I´m 5' 6" (that seems to be 5' 5", due to my body structure, small legs, small shoulders, big neck).

To be honest, I just feel good when I´m kicking ass with women, when I feel their desire for me. But, I must admit I really have a problem about my height. I´m very insecure about that and most of the time I wish I´d be a tall guy, with big hands, etc, etc.

I´ve had several women until today, and several want to be with me. I´m an intelligent guy, have a great athletic body, I´m handsome. However my height is my Achilles' heel.

I´ve always valued quantity in body matters (height, hands size, penis size, amount of beard, being hairy, etc), that is, all that represents...masculinity. Well, as you can imagine, I´m short, my beard is scarce, and I have little corporal hairs.

Everyone would change something about her body. So yeah, I wish I´d be tall and hairy. However, it simply won´t be possible to change that, so I´ll have to accept myself how I am.

Take care, guys!

Casslehoff

Don Juan
Reaction score
Get shoe lifts ..
5'9 is like the perfect height ..
not too short nor too tall..
most girls will be shorter and most tall girls will be your height

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You can get your femurs and shins extended surgically. The procedure is expensive, painful and it takes time to slowly separate the bones and force them to grow longer. You also have to wear braces for 6 months or so but it does work very well and the results are permanent.

f283000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For those interested in insoles to increase your heart recently lifkits sent me a 25% coupon that I can share with anyone. Just send me a pm and i'll send it to you if interested.

You only have 1 life to live so why not live it the way you want? If wearing an insole that nobody can see gives you an extra confidence boost thus resulting in more happiness in your life why not?

Women wear high heels which are visible. Insoles can't be seen. Same effect you increase your height, confidence, happiness.

Too many guys beating themselves up over their lack of height but there are solutions out there and this is just one of them (that I use myself every day).

Maxtro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have two pairs of insoles. I'm 5'6 barefoot and almost 5'8 wearing shoes with the insoles.

One thing that really surprises me is that there are men my height who are getting girls. Here I am thinking that it's impossible.

So there is hope, but I don't how much.

Black Dog

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
How do these work exactly? I wouldn't imagine you'd be able to run in them very easily.You're right about no one being able to see them, but there will obviously come a time when you're with yer woman' and you need to shed the clothing.

I hope they're not too drastic, something like 2 inches would be a believable boost, in my mind at least

Last edited by a moderator:

f283000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
oops sorry blackdog for some reason i edited the post rather then quote it which is what I thought I did. Newbie mod mistake i do apologize ;)

but to answer your question

I have the 1 inch low-top. It's enough to give you a great confidence boost and extra height without people noticing you got super tall of a sudden. I don't know if i'd try the 2 inch insoles that might be too much. Unless of course I moved to another state where nobody knew me then I'd wear them from the start. But that's just me I might be too self conscious in that regard.

When it comes to getting naked time I never had a problem. Unless you get naked with her and make love standing up rather than on a bed then yeah i guess she can find out since you would both be standing facing each other and she would notice you being shorter ;)

I'm 5'10 without them but getting that extra inch has given me a great confidence boost. There's plenty of companies that sell insoles to increase height just google them.

Maxtro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
f283000 said:
I'm 5'10 without them but getting that extra inch has given me a great confidence boost.
Huh?

You're five freaking ten and you feel unconfident about your height?!

Any chance you could leave the height increasing insoles to the guys who actually need it?

I'm just trying to be normal, the last thing I need are tall guys boosting their height making me look even worse.

Black Dog

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
f283000 said:
oops sorry blackdog for some reason i edited the post rather then quote it which is what I thought I did. Newbie mod mistake i do apologize ;)

but to answer your question

I have the 1 inch low-top. It's enough to give you a great confidence boost and extra height without people noticing you got super tall of a sudden. I don't know if i'd try the 2 inch insoles that might be too much. Unless of course I moved to another state where nobody knew me then I'd wear them from the start. But that's just me I might be too self conscious in that regard.

When it comes to getting naked time I never had a problem. Unless you get naked with her and make love standing up rather than on a bed then yeah i guess she can find out since you would both be standing facing each other and she would notice you being shorter ;)

I'm 5'10 without them but getting that extra inch has given me a great confidence boost. There's plenty of companies that sell insoles to increase height just google them.
Oh wow I didn't even notice the Mod status now..congrats!

Maybe 2 inches would be crazy...but in my case, I have a really elongated torso, and long arms, and from waist down everything gets kind of average so it's strange lol. Sitting down I appear pretty tall and once I stand up I'm a little average. (5'9) But I've got some tennis shoes which do pretty much that, add an inch, and I'd agree with you about the confidence boost.

(Hopefully I push out another inch or two before I hit 21)

I'll check em out, thanks for the info