"The Coffee Shop Girl You Never Spoke To"

You've replayed it a hundred times. She stood three feet away, scrolling her phone. You had an opening. You composed the perfect line — after she was gone.

For all you know, she's married now. To some guy who said something. Anything.

Openers are cheap. Almost any sentence works when it's delivered within three seconds. The expensive part is the standing there, drafting and deleting, while the window quietly closes.

The "22 Rules" stripped out my hesitation. What to open with, how to keep it alive, and the one habit that costs guys more women than anything else: waiting for perfect.

Read more...

How to make women see you as a friend.

bootlegger

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Aug 1, 2004
Messages
220
Reaction score
0
I seem to always fail at this. Try to get a network of people, you know, social acceptance. So I try to befriend chicks...(not so attractive ones or boring ones)- hoping to meet their friends.

Somewhere along the way, the girl always falls for me. It's happened 3 times that I know of recently.

I don't feel that I do anything with these girls to make them fall for me, it just seems to happen... I see them as a friend and they end up seeing me as LTR material.

What can I do to make sure this doesn't keep happening?

There is all kinds of advice on here about not getting into the LJBF zone... i need advice on getting into it.
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

christz

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 26, 2004
Messages
740
Reaction score
0
do what girls do and just say.. lets just be friends.. i know i've said it a few times and pretty much everybody accepts it
 

Soma

Banned
Joined
Jun 17, 2004
Messages
499
Reaction score
0
Location
Bay Area, California
Just do your normal thing. So what if they like you. As long as you don't put the moves on them you'll remain friends. Except they will have feelings for you. Happens to me too. I enjoy it. To be honest, it's an ego boost plus it's good social proof. They have nothing but good things to say about you. What's so hard?

Your post is close to smelling like an attempt for attention.
 

blue17

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Aug 5, 2004
Messages
203
Reaction score
0
ya, some of the threads on these forums involve people asking questions that are either pointless, or they alrdy know the answer to. The main reason why they ask these is because they can also share their accomplishments, a 'clever' way of bragging to hide their insecurities. That or they are desperate for attention and want people to be discussing them even tho their problems are minor at best.
 

bootlegger

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Aug 1, 2004
Messages
220
Reaction score
0
yeah moron. That's what I want is attention from a message board.
---


Soma,
It is good social proof, I agree with that... But it's also a ****block to all her friends is it not?
 

“The 22 Rules That Turned Me From Invisible to Irresistible With Women… Starting Tonight”

You can skip the expensive cars, the fancy clothes, and the endless gym selfies. Completely unnecessary.

I used to freeze the second a beautiful woman looked my way. Frustrated. Awkward. Watching other guys walk away with the girl while I stood there tongue-tied.

Then I discovered 22 simple rules that rewired my entire dating life. The anxiety vanished. Conversations flowed effortlessly. Women started chasing me for a change.

These rules trigger a woman's subconscious attraction switches. And you can start using them tonight.

Read more...

DeathDealer

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 3, 2004
Messages
640
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by blue17
ya, some of the threads on these forums involve people asking questions that are either pointless, or they alrdy know the answer to. The main reason why they ask these is because they can also share their accomplishments, a 'clever' way of bragging to hide their insecurities. That or they are desperate for attention and want people to be discussing them even tho their problems are minor at best.
I agree with you on this. I've seen posts where a guy who considers himself a "nice guy" when he puts out his picture of his handsome self and bragging about being able to get numbers and dates, etc.
 

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 5, 2002
Messages
5,550
Reaction score
18
Age
47
Location
Hiding in Penkitten's Linen Closet
Originally posted by DeathDealer
I agree with you on this. I've seen posts where a guy who considers himself a "nice guy" when he puts out his picture of his handsome self and bragging about being able to get numbers and dates, etc.
OR... "I'm so attractive and so good in bed that women cannot resist me and I cannot fight them off! Help! Whatever shall I do!?"
 

Soma

Banned
Joined
Jun 17, 2004
Messages
499
Reaction score
0
Location
Bay Area, California
Originally posted by bootlegger
Soma,
It is good social proof, I agree with that... But it's also a ****block to all her friends is it not?
If they are party girls, it won't matter. They talk about you and if you're a good lay they'll all want a piece of you and won't mind sharing.

If they are wholesome white bread girls, and are cool, they won't ****block but her friends will automatically stay away from you cause they don't want to mess with a man their friend is in love with.

If they are skank *****s, they will fvck you behind each others backs and cause all sorts of drama.

I choose not to date ANY friends that are in my social circle. But that's my personal preference. Keeps my female friends as REAL friends.
 
Joined
May 17, 2004
Messages
135
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by bootlegger
I seem to always fail at this. Try to get a network of people, you know, social acceptance. So I try to befriend chicks...(not so attractive ones or boring ones)- hoping to meet their friends.

Somewhere along the way, the girl always falls for me. It's happened 3 times that I know of recently.

I don't feel that I do anything with these girls to make them fall for me, it just seems to happen... I see them as a friend and they end up seeing me as LTR material.

What can I do to make sure this doesn't keep happening?

There is all kinds of advice on here about not getting into the LJBF zone... i need advice on getting into it.

your social proof is pretty high ? ...:rolleyes: .... then you shouldnt have trouble in getting the beauties you go for ... you have so many digging you that the hotties you like are gonna notice that ... kitty cats compete

first man Ive seen that worries about the chicks he doesn't dig ...never seen or heard of a woman WORRIED about the guys she doesnt give a fv ck
 

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

Top