Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How to make money without a job...

ChrizZ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not allowed to work right now and my parents support me financially.

I absolutely hate living off of their money and want to make my own money. I also have a great business idea, but it requires some start up money.

Are there any good ways to make some money without a job?

Speculator E

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ChrizZ said:
Are there any good ways to make some money without a job?
It's gonna be tough to do that now a days with the financial crisis and stuff. If it were good times, I would've recommended investments. But, it's difficult to make money from that right off the bat because for everyone, there's usually a trial period where they are learning and losing money before getting it. Today, it'll be even more difficult for a beginner.

My best advice for you is that you're got a good thing going on with your parent's supporting you. My parents didn't even do that. Your problem is that you feel taking money from your parents is immoral. Assuming that they offer to support you. Most people wouldn't have a problem with that so why do you? You need to try and get over that feeling of yours. A method I found useful is to challenge that thought by talking to yourself repeatedly every time it pop into your head. And gradually you'll find those thoughts will have a lesser and lesser impact on you. Good luck.

Last edited:

search1ng

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you're 19. student? just concentrate on your studies.

War Against Betaism

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm the same, can't work as well, my parents support me financially too and while I could ask for any amount I want I just want a job. It is hard making money when you can't legally get a job, I worked an under the table job, 2 months of work, only got like $200 off of it, total ripoff. The alternate...sell drugs lol.

ChrizZ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
f283000 said:
why are you not allowed to work?
I don't have a green card...

you're 19. student? just concentrate on your studies.
I get straight A's.

The way I see it one only goes to college to have a "guaranteed" job without learning any practical money making skills and that's fine as long as you don't go into debt. However I want a job to be my last option and not my first when it comes to becoming financially independent.

I don't want college to interfere with my financial education though that's why I'm scrapping money together to get my business idea rolling. I believe the sooner you start the better. Age is no excuse.

Does anybody else have some good ideas to get some passive cash flow?

Paradox

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There are a couple of threads in this forum covering this topic.

Use the search feature.

I remember that a few posters posted that they make side money selling stuff on e-bay

search1ng

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ChrizZ said:
I don't have a green card...

I get straight A's.

The way I see it one only goes to college to have a "guaranteed" job without learning any practical money making skills and that's fine as long as you don't go into debt. However I want a job to be my last option and not my first when it comes to becoming financially independent.

I don't want college to interfere with my financial education though that's why I'm scrapping money together to get my business idea rolling. I believe the sooner you start the better. Age is no excuse.

Does anybody else have some good ideas to get some passive cash flow?

You let the money follow you, not the other way around. And it's always good to have something to fall back on eg. a job if things don't pan out - hence college.

Rounder

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Poker - it will take you a few months to build a bank roll and to actually learn how to play well, but $10 per hour is pretty easy to achieve.

There are lots of guys making $20 to $40 per hour playing poker - and no taxes taken out either.

Technically it is illegal in the U.S. but it still goes on.

On top of playing online - at the age of 19 - you should be able to find some home games or campus games to get in to. Sharpen your skills and these could be worth $50 to $500 a week depending on the level of the game(s) you can find.

www.twoplustwo.com
www.pokertracker.com

Pokerstars is one of the most popular and "fishiest" sites. Limit Hold'em is a good way to get started - you'll learn pot odds and outs very quickly.

No Limit cash games is where it's at now though.

Books for learning - anything by twoplustwo publishing is excellent, everything else is crap. Anything Ed Miller has authored is worth it's weight in gold. David Sklansky is an incredibly source of poker knowledge but he is unable to relate the material to the everyday person. Ed Miller started out at the micro limits and conveys his knowledge very well.

Reaction score
Don't sell drugs, I got caught doing that once. Never again. You will pay. You could become a pimp. Again legal problem. Do side jobs for people like lawn work, painting, cleaning windows, detailing cars, think of sht to do for fellow students for a fee. Set up shop in your dorm room. My guess is you can't drive if you don't have a green card, but if not you can be sort of a taxi service for students who don't have rides. Does your school have a jobs board you can post your services on?

foomee

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Check craigslist. They have a jobs section and under it look at general labor. They're usually yard work or easy jobs like that and they make at least $10 an hour usually, which in my state is more than minimum wage. or you can ask your neighbors if they need help with anything, ie. raking leaves, mowing lawn, washing windows, ironing work shirts. Or you could even try online sites like treasuretrooper or something.

xxpansion

Don Juan
Reaction score
With access to a computer there are plenty of ways you can make money online. It will take a bit of work to get them off the ground, but once you do they can bring in a steady stream of income. Expand on your interests a little more and I'll give you some tips on directions you can head.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The last I checked, you can work at an on-campus job at your university without a green card. My ex-wife did that before her green card arrived.