Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How to Learn The Power Clean when You Don't Have a Coach

Kerpal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks, good article & info.

I taught myself to do the power clean by reading the Rippetoe book but it's definitely a hard one to learn by yourself, I'm still always wondering if I'm doing everything right.

Fuglydude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think the powerclean is a movement that you'll never get perfect...you'll get better at it the more you practice, but you could do it for the rest of your life and never get it perfect...kind of like an asymptotic line!

Its a great movement for generating power and teaching your nervous how to generate lotsa power, but like other olympic lifts can cause injuries if you don't do em properly.

I generally think the powerclean for upto 3 reps is a great warm up movement to get your nervous system fired up prior to your workout, but unless you're doing it for a sports specific training, its not required for training to just look good.

stronglifts

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Kerpal said:
Thanks, good article & info.

I taught myself to do the power clean by reading the Rippetoe book but it's definitely a hard one to learn by yourself, I'm still always wondering if I'm doing everything right.
That's how I learned it too. My technique is not 100%. Takes definitely longer than a Squat. And you need an eye to know what you do wrong. Taping yourself if you don't have a coach is your best tool.

stronglifts

Master Don Juan
Reaction score