How to lead the conversation with a group of people

hope7

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
When hanging out in a group of people when I only knew one or two people out of the group, sometimes I found it was really hard to get into the conversation cuz everyone would talk about stuff that I don't know about. STuff like gossip about other people I don't know, or events the group did before I met them, ect. I would just sit there waiting for an opportunity to say something, and those opportunities were rare. I came off as a shy guy.

However, I found that the solution to that problem is to lead the conversation of the group. That way I can talk about stuff I know about.

Im not too good at that yet. Can you guys give me good topics to bring up when Im in that situation? Any advice in general for leading the conversation?

Leading the conversation is harder than it seems, cuz if the conversation is not interesting/exciting, I either come off as a boring person, or I lose controll of the conversation.

THE_ADDMAN

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
no need dude, just talk about whatever, encourage others to talk and join in and be relaxed :)

ur leading the convo, which is a big step in itself
good job

The Juan and only

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bas'lly, you just need to be in a high-energy state, speaking loudly and clearly (and like Espi said, have passion in what you say). Nobody is going to pay sole attention to you 100% of the time, but don't worry about it.

Distant Light

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Espi said:
Curious: Why do you feel you have to lead the conversation? :D

Ironically, you could very well likely command more attention keeping silent...others will be intrigued as to your thought process...
Its always best to lead because if you stay quiet then there is no way you're going to keep the girls occupied to even extract them.

There are many ways to lead the set, conversation, etc.
- There is storytelling and make sure everyone is involved
- Doing little games and challenges and also having everyone involved

This is what you mainly need, and just keep doing you're regular game. Make sure you're the one calling the shots, where yall going, what yall doing, etc.

It really doesn't take much just remember those few tools to use and you can manage leading a group.

Borgon

Don Juan
Reaction score
I am currently having the same problem. Me and my neighbor keep sarging everyday and getting hbs7+ to play cards and kick it. Success has been very easy i must say. A few questions that have come up in the conversation while playing cards have been.

Where are you from?
What kinda movies you like to watch
What do you all do on your spare time
how long you been in <blah>
Whats your favorite candy?

so far its kinda sounding like a interview but just spread them out, more topics are welcomed.