Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How to just say F**K it, and live with no regrets?

smith25

Don Juan
Reaction score
After watching fight club, I am particularly inspired by the quote "This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time". It makes me want to live as if each day is my last, and have NO REGRETS.

However I am held back by something within(fear?) to act upon this quote and become the person who I want to be. Each day slips by and I tell myself that the next day will be different, but I just make excuses and do not follow the path that my heart wants.

What can I do to truly make me realize that time is not infinite, and to get over my fears. How can I trigger my body to just release all inhibition and fear

Vypros

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You are thinking that you can just wake up one day and be exactly who you want to be.

Sorry, that's just not going to happen. That would be like you saying "I want to play professional football" and then somebody actually puts you on a pro team and you go play a game without training.

Could you imagine the amount of pain you would be in that night? They'd probably kill you.

We aren't designed to take on that much right away.

So what do you do?

You take baby steps.

You keep putting one foot in front of the other. You get an image of who you want to be, and then you work towards that!

For instance, a way to do this would be to do one thing each day that you've never done before. JUST ONE THING! You can accomplish that.

Or you can act like that person you want to be, but are afraid of, for just one minute each day for like a week. Then two minutes, and keep building.

It's just exercising. You gotta take baby steps and work slowly towards being who you want to be. It's the only way to change permanently.

djSlvt

Banned
Reaction score
You want a particular and definative outcome, and you want it now. You feel sorry for yourself for not being able to get it now. (read into that)

Further more, you want a particular and definative outcome.

When you with your family driving to, oh lets say Grand Canyon. It is not the destination that you remember the most, it is the journey. Journey is what it counts.

Fight club is about people who feel put down and they want things now. That is how you feel. How that movie ended?

Always enjoy the journey. Your life should be a never ending orgasm when you enjoy every minute, not expecting anything in particular to happen.

You will require many skills to achieve that attitude. Double Your Dating was my start. Idea is to take material, study it, and then apply it. That's how you grow. You dont have to apply it to women per say, you can apply it in any new situation, such as a new job, a new bar you visit, a book club, etc..

MrS

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's easy to just say **** it, and live with no regrets, and do things.
It's doing things right is the hard part.

ValleyDJing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
dude, don't worry about it. It was a s.hitty movie made by an LSD addict, but more importantly...IT NEVER HAPPENED! God to hear you people talk, you'd think that Fight Club was a true story or something.

organizedconfusion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ValleyDJing said:
dude, don't worry about it. It was a s.hitty movie made by an LSD addict, but more importantly...IT NEVER HAPPENED! God to hear you people talk, you'd think that Fight Club was a true story or something.
I know,seriously.
I think the only reason why people relate to it is because the people in the movie where pretty much down and out,in ther gutter type dudes (losers basicly) and they have discovered meaning to their pathetic wastefull lives. TD is only a symbol of freedom or whatever non-sense because he acts like he dosen't care..he's free in a way that alot of people constrained with responsabilities aren't.He has no real job,he's homeless,he's obviously insane,he's cut up ,fights like a mad dog and screws like a race horse.
He's a cool movie character and all but I would'nt go near the guy and his bulshiet new agey fart knocker ideas. He's nothing more then a domestic terrorist IMO just in a really flashy package.

The fact that someone even stole his name and created a persona surrounding it is even more pathetic..TD of RSD? c'mon..that is some serious poser shiet.

Hyde

Don Juan
Reaction score
What? Chuck Pahluniuk is a friggin' genius. Actually, he's my favorite author. Anyone ever read the book, "Choke"?

Why people have formed a sort of cult around his books? No clue. Still, he's a great writer. Same thing with the movie Fight Club. It was a great movie. Why people have formed a sort of cult around the movie? No clue. Still, it's a great movie.

organizedconfusion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
PlasticSurgeon said:
HAHAHA.. Chuck P was an acid head?

I was reading a short story by him the other day. It was about doing steroids, having your balls shrink, and having the urge to hunt mountain lions in the wilderness with his bear hands..

I met the guy in real life..he kinda looks like Abe Lincoln,he's about 5'10 lean and wirey but handsome (not in a homo gay way or anything)
His books are friggin' awesome.Even if you're not a reader,you'd be suprised at what the man writes,it's absolutly histerical! and somewhat twisted as well.

The movie dosen't do the book justice at all,it's like they just thrown in a few lines here and there,built it upon some ideas that were similar and called it a day.If you like the movie ..you'll LOVE the book,you might even think twice about TD in the beggining because it kinda paints it as some kind of queer friendship between him an 'Jack',Marla also plays a larger role.The book is 1000% better then the movie. :rockon:

joekerr31

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
organizedconfusion said:
I met the guy in real life..he kinda looks like Abe Lincoln,he's about 5'10 lean and wirey but handsome (not in a homo gay way or anything) :

haha. not in a homo way? he is a homo (chuck is openly gay in case folks didnt know)

anyway, fightclub seems all fine and dandy. but let me tell you, if you're spitting up teeth when you brush your teeth - trust me - you ain't going to sluff it off like its nothing like they do in the movie.

oh and spitting up blood in a work meeting goes over well in a movie - but in real life they'd call the paramedics.

do NOT turn to movies for any kind of direction to take with your life.

ValleyDJing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
PlasticSurgeon said:
HAHAHA.. Chuck P was an acid head?

I was reading a short story by him the other day. It was about doing steroids, having your balls shrink, and having the urge to hunt mountain lions in the wilderness with his bear hands..
Well I was gonna say "no I was just joking", but after reading that...lol! I just assumed somebody had to be dropping acid by the way some of those scenes were filmed. Trippy ass s.hit!

Donsing

Don Juan
Reaction score
My buddy, you can by just living in the now, stop thinking about what happened two days ago or what will have two days from, just live in the now. Past and future is a illusion, tommorow never comes, and yesterday never returns.
For ex: Let's say you wanted to go to Florida and you booked the tickets 3 weeks from now. Most individuals will spent their time from booking the ticket to jumping on the plane wondering if I made the right choice? Is this the most cheapest ticket? Do have this or that and so forth. Rather then spending an hour to ask these types of questions, they spend all of their time worrying, therefore, creating doubt and anxiousness. If you want to book a ticket, book it and just stop thinking, worrying and killing yourself about it. Their is no right or wrong choice/process/method/answer/etc, it's just a choice/process/method/answer/etc. When you start seeing from this perspective, you will not concern yourself with small or large things. You will do something and enjoy it, and if you don't then choose something else to do. Live in the now. Question you might want to ask yourself: What are you feeling right now? Are you angry, sad, happy, frustrated, joyous or neutral? What are you seeing, hearing, smelling, tasting, and feeling right now? How does your skin feels when the clothes touch you? What is your body telling you right now? Are you feeling any discomfort from any part of your body? Are you feeling cold, hot, okay, etc right now?
After little bit of practice it will become automatic to stay in the now while paying attention to yourself. Have fun.

Deep Dish

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"Just remember, the same as a spectacular Vogue magazine, remember that no matter how close you follow the jumps: Continued on page whatever. No matter how careful you are, there's going to be the sense you missed something, the collapsed feeling under your skin that you didn't experience it all. There's that fallen heart feeling that you rushed right through the moments where you should've been paying attention. Well, get used to that feeling. That's how your whole life will feel some day. This is all practice. None of this matters. We're just warming up."
—Chuck Palahniuk

Reaction score
"Don't be too timid and squeamish about your actions. All life is an experiment."

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Donsing

Don Juan
Reaction score
PlasticSurgeon said:
That sounds pretty awesome. As I read this thread I realize that most of my life is spent regretting past actions and worrying about future ones..

did I make the right choice?
will I ever meet that special someone?
The future seems so uncertain..

I need to train my mind to think in the now. If I could emanate positivity at all times, how $$ would that be.
My man, think in the now, feel in the now and do in the now. Do you ever think about closing the door? Do you know what motivates you to lock the door? Is it because you have a belief that says you must protect yourself from filthy individuals who might steal and hurt you? Isn't that living in the future? Isn't expectations in the future? Isn't correcting the "mistakes" you made in the past is the same thing as being in the past because past never returns? Recongnize that when you try to "correct mistakes" it is saying that you are not perfect because you are not living in the now. Every moment, action, feeling, thought, circumstances, peole, etc are perfect in the moment, hence, only way you can be "wrong" is when you look back into the past. At the moment, you had the perfect amount of knoweldge because that 's what you knew at the moment. Stop judging, means to stop saying this is wrong and this is right, just do what you like but that also changes. Also know that if you look into the past or future it is perfectly fine, this isn't absolute because if you are going to go to Florida in three week, you do need to plan for the future but do not worry about the trip rest of the time. Just live in the now. Always have fun that's what life is about. :rockon:

Reaction score
PlasticSurgeon said:
did I make the right choice?
Right in what sense, and how do you measure it? People's priorities change as they go through life, certain avenues are open/closed whereas they weren't before due to circumstances beyond our control

PlasticSurgeon said:
will I ever meet that special someone?
This I ALWAYS find problematic, why should there be a special person for anyone? It's like a faith, a religion that we subscribe to - I've been guilty of it myself when I was younger. Suppose the view is you meet someone, fall in love and spend the rest of your lives together? Doesn't mean you meet that special someone, it just means you meet someone who you can do that with, but then you can't reach that conclusion until you've been together for the rest of your lives, and then it becomes a self fulfilling forgone conclusion? This is a very deep question, worthy of a long post to root out some strange and unexpected concepts and problems at work.

PlasticSurgeon said:
The future seems so uncertain..
Not always, relative to yourself it is, but on the grand scheme of things (apart from historical accidents) from the evolutionary point of view the change has been gradual rather abrupt. You also may not know who you might meet but I'm sure you know who these things pan out given enough experience