How to have fun without worrying about women??

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
I've seen the advice on here before, "When you go out, go out to have fun. Don't hinge the success of your night on women."

This is all well and good, except when you consider the fact that, at bars and clubs and such, women ARE the fun! No one goes there just to drink...you can drink at HOME. If you're going to a bar or club alone, you're not going to be having FUN unless you are with the WOMEN. How can you overcome this mentality?

I know some people will say, "Go to the mall/bookstore/coffee shop/etc instead of bars and clubs." But there's no book I'm particularly interested in reading, nothign I really want to buy at the mall, and I don't drink coffee. So I'd STILL be going to these places FOR THE WOMEN. And if I'm not with the women, then it's not going to be fun.

Any ideas how to shake this?

ozzfest

Don Juan
Reaction score
going out w/ the intention of hooking up is fine but try not to put too much pressure on yourself and grade a night just on that premise. its like a baseball player going into a game wanting to hit a home run and afterward only going 2-4 w/ 2 singles and being disappointed. You can have fun and not meet women too.

However I do agree ...too many nights like that of just getting drunk w/ your buddies can get old. Just try not to put too much pressure on yourself and you will have fun. Its when you least expect it that it usually happens.

icepick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is what I think:

You go to bars for the company of OTHER PEOPLE.

Meeting new people is FUN.

WOMEN will most likely be in the category of 'other people'.

TEASING women is FUN.

...hmm, what happens from there... ;)

Don't think about it as an end goal, but things that you do to have fun. Kind of like:

"I will be outgoing, and talkative to keep me from being bored."

"I will joke with this girl because I think it is funny!"

OR, my personal favorite 'mind trick', I like to call it an "endearable fault",

"I can't help but talk to all these hot women! Man, I am such a horn dog!" :D ((shrug))

Kingz28

Don Juan
Reaction score
don't try and force yourself to go out looking for women until you are confident and content with yourself, it just will not be fun. I myself dont think I am ready.. I would like to lift and exercise more before I start to care about women.