Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How to go about publishing a book

HughJasolphd

Don Juan
Reaction score
For a while now I've been working on a book for people with cystic fibrosis. The CF foundation has a branch of the foundation called 65 roses (a play on words of the disease name) so I'm basically writing a book of 65 very detailed tips pertaining to psychology, fitness, dealing with relationships (now that I think of it I could probably get a lot of insight from you fellas here for that portion of the book), etc.
I've been through the absolute ringer when it comes to trauma physically but I've always has this internal fortitude to fight back like hell...so many with the disease give up way to early & I'm exploring the psych behind that & how to deal with it best.
I've never tried publishing a book, & I'm not sure exactly how to go about it. I know I gotta finish the thing first, & obviously hire an editor to go over the whole thing- but I'm not sure if I'm better off self publishing & selling an Ebook online or to go the route of getting actually published & hope for the best from a big time publisher.

My dream for myself is to eventually leave the personal training behind & focus solely on starting a blog/YouTube all related to helping others with cf & other illnesses, write another book, & maybe even look into public speaking about the subject because it's something I'm passionate about.

I had a blog a few years ago that I used to write about various stories that have happened to me throughout my life pertaining to the illness (some extremely dark, some really funny; just a hodgepodge of stories) & many of my friends seemed to enjoy it. I never took it serious though & in 2015 when I was hospitalized for 9 months I just stopped because I was focused on not dying instead of writing lol.

I'm chipping away at the book & I just want a better understanding on the process of publishing. Anyone here have experience with writing, doing a blog, or YouTube? I'm always eager to learn from those who are better than I at the things I desire in the world. I'd like to make 2019 the year that I really take this thing & run with it.

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
This is a very noble endeavour.

Odds will be better if you start off with a simple YouTube channel.

Start off an intro with 1 single topic. Keep it short and simple yet entertaining. Then followed shortly by another video with a 2nd topic. Repeat and cycle.

Get a following and only then consider writing a book that your online followers will buy.

This has the potential to help many of those afflicted with the disease.

evan12

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For a while now I've been working on a book for people with cystic fibrosis. The CF foundation has a branch of the foundation called 65 roses (a play on words of the disease name) so I'm basically writing a book of 65 very detailed tips pertaining to psychology, fitness, dealing with relationships (now that I think of it I could probably get a lot of insight from you fellas here for that portion of the book), etc.
I've been through the absolute ringer when it comes to trauma physically but I've always has this internal fortitude to fight back like hell...so many with the disease give up way to early & I'm exploring the psych behind that & how to deal with it best.
I've never tried publishing a book, & I'm not sure exactly how to go about it. I know I gotta finish the thing first, & obviously hire an editor to go over the whole thing- but I'm not sure if I'm better off self publishing & selling an Ebook online or to go the route of getting actually published & hope for the best from a big time publisher.

My dream for myself is to eventually leave the personal training behind & focus solely on starting a blog/YouTube all related to helping others with cf & other illnesses, write another book, & maybe even look into public speaking about the subject because it's something I'm passionate about.

I had a blog a few years ago that I used to write about various stories that have happened to me throughout my life pertaining to the illness (some extremely dark, some really funny; just a hodgepodge of stories) & many of my friends seemed to enjoy it. I never took it serious though & in 2015 when I was hospitalized for 9 months I just stopped because I was focused on not dying instead of writing lol.

I'm chipping away at the book & I just want a better understanding on the process of publishing. Anyone here have experience with writing, doing a blog, or YouTube? I'm always eager to learn from those who are better than I at the things I desire in the world. I'd like to make 2019 the year that I really take this thing & run with it.
I published a couple of books for other authors on amazon kindle, it is your best way to start , and if you can create audible version that will be even better as they get sold in higher price .
however , information in general becoming cheap, and the time you spend on maintaining a book, youtube channel or blog . you can spend it on more profitable things. unless you are not doing them to earn money they go for that. I myself write articles for free and have a news website . but I spend very little time on them as the competition on reader attention is going very high and you need really good material to keep the reader interested. I have them for my fun and values , not to make money .

HughJasolphd

Don Juan
Reaction score
I published a couple of books for other authors on amazon kindle, it is your best way to start , and if you can create audible version that will be even better as they get sold in higher price .
however , information in general becoming cheap, and the time you spend on maintaining a book, youtube channel or blog . you can spend it on more profitable things. unless you are not doing them to earn money they go for that. I myself write articles for free and have a news website . but I spend very little time on them as the competition on reader attention is going very high and you need really good material to keep the reader interested. I have them for my fun and values , not to make money .
I'd love to turn it into a money making venture but I'm realistic, I have no following that would bring in book sales at the moment..I'm not a presence on social media whatsoever & generally avoid it because it's become a politics war zone & I don't like all the negativity. I thought my best bet would be to start a blog & YouTube channel first...write blogs & include videos that discuss what I wrote about (I have tons of crazy stories in dealing with cystic fibrosis that would make for interesting videos to watch). I wouldn't expect a dime to be made off of this, but I could use it as a means to expand to social media & get some more readers/viewers. If I really put effort into building a following I'm sure I could get somewhere with it.

SoSuave666

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Can you post your old blog, or the posts you made in the blog? Will help us get a feel for your writing style, etc...

evan12

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd love to turn it into a money making venture but I'm realistic, I have no following that would bring in book sales at the moment..I'm not a presence on social media whatsoever & generally avoid it because it's become a politics war zone & I don't like all the negativity. I thought my best bet would be to start a blog & YouTube channel first...write blogs & include videos that discuss what I wrote about (I have tons of crazy stories in dealing with cystic fibrosis that would make for interesting videos to watch). I wouldn't expect a dime to be made off of this, but I could use it as a means to expand to social media & get some more readers/viewers. If I really put effort into building a following I'm sure I could get somewhere with it.
First google your subject to see if others already doing it
Second if you want to stay away from social media , most likely you will not succeed, we are in days when what is not sharable is not sell-able

Publishing a book on amazon kindle is easy and free. but making money from that book is completely another story, let me know if you have any specific question that I might be able to answer.

glass half full

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'll be looking into this someday too..I have a pair of fiction books in progress, long way to finish. Took a break from them, as I was writing songs too.
After a car accident last year, the guitar playing went on hold. My left wrist was caught up in the steering wheel in the wreck. 11 months later, I had the strength to open a jar again. So I'm ready to start playing again. It's gonna suck, as I lost the toughened-up tips on my fretting fingers.
Like starting over.
I'll keep an eye on this thread...Good Luck. Hope it goes well.