How to get rid of fat in certain areas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

leoncour

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I know that you can't spot reduce fat but I spent way too much time in front of a computer when I was younger and now I have a fat ass and hips. I joined a health club yesterday and I was wondering if intense cardio for about 30 minutes a day would lower my bmi and help in those areas...and what about glut exercises? Just to clarify things, I am actually quite skinny until I get down to my hips and love handles which seem a bit out of proportion when compared to the rest of my body. Thanks for any help.

Last edited:

Nightwing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by leoncour
I know that you can't spot reduce fat but I spent way too much time in front of a computer when I was younger and now I have a fat ass and hips. I joined a health club yesterday and I was wondering if intense cardio for about 30 minutes a day would lower my bmi and help in those areas...and what about glut exercises? Thanks for any help.

Losing fat is mostly about your diet. Sure, cardio and other forms of exercise will help, but if you're interested in losing fat, it all starts with your diet and how you're eating.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Short exercise timeframes, no matter how intense, won't help a bit unless you go on a low carb diet. Short workouts only burn off carbs unless there aren't any to burn, then you start tapping into fat.

Understand that carbs aren't bad, too many carbs are bad unless you exercise regularly to burn them off. Your best bet is to combine a moderately low carb diet and longer exercise periods at a moderately high level.

check_mate_kid_uk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: How to get rid of fat in certain areas?

Originally posted by Nightwing
Losing fat is mostly about your diet. Sure, cardio and other forms of exercise will help, but if you're interested in losing fat, it all starts with your diet and how you're eating.
thas funny, i would be tempted to say the opposite, and take it rom some one with experince and tried and tested knowledge, its more about the excersize!

You want to have a low fat diet, i must say that is vital, but as for carbs, you dont have to starve yourself just dont eat sugars, and obviously dont pig out completly but its the excersize that is the key!

Doing excersize a few times a week is good because it keeps your motabilism high, but do it for longer times because as you do it for longer the scales tip between burning glycogen and fat so that more fat is burnt.

Chrisman

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by leoncour
I know that you can't spot reduce fat but I spent way too much time in front of a computer when I was younger and now I have a fat ass and hips. I joined a health club yesterday and I was wondering if intense cardio for about 30 minutes a day would lower my bmi and help in those areas...and what about glut exercises? Just to clarify things, I am actually quite skinny until I get down to my hips and love handles which seem a bit out of proportion when compared to the rest of my body. Thanks for any help.
Learn how to properly do your diet. (5-6 smaller meals a day). And hit the weights. Weights are the ultimate tool to losing fat.

Nightwing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Originally posted by Chrisman
Weights are the ultimate tool to losing fat.

Building up muscle mass is also another way in burning fat because muscle mass also has to consume more calories in order to sustain the muslce itself. Good point Chrisman!

DonJuanMonk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Exercise is 25% of losing fat. 75% is through diet.

TheRelic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You can get fat removal rollers to target certain areas, and apparently, they work.

check_mate_kid_uk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Originally posted by Chrisman
Learn how to properly do your diet. (5-6 smaller meals a day). And hit the weights. Weights are the ultimate tool to losing fat.
Having more muscle increases your motabilism but to gian muscle you need to bulk up which makes you gian more weight, which si why you need cardio not weight training.

In theory you could gain muscle and fat, then once you have more muscle switch to cardio and rdeuce your claorie intake, you will loose some muscle but the higher motabilism will hlep burn fat, this is a very non-orthadox plan to use but i figure it should work, it iwll take longer but i must agree it is far more maintainable and seeing as how most people who loose weight tend ot gain it again that is indeed a very good thing.

Da Realist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lift weights and run. Simple as that. For a while you can alternate the days you do either, but you can build up to doing both 3 days a week and just running the day in between.

Status
Not open for further replies.