Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How to get Pook to shut up

Visceral

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Then is it possible to create interest, to make yourself interested in something?

Is it possible to turn yourself into a risk=taker?

Is it possible to create an "itch" for something?

DjDreamer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originaly posted by Visceral Is it possible to create an "itch" for something?
But of course...

Creating an unbearable itch for richness can be done by hypnosis.

Perfect for new college student but would probably drive a low income middle age man mad.

The thing is I don't think investers want to have an itch to invest in persons who have no business experience.

sifer

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by DjDreamer
The thing is I don't think investers want to have an itch to invest in persons who have no business experience.
This would be generally be off, I have spoken to a few venture capitalist, they have told me that they'll invest in just about anything, as long as two things happen :

• They are well respected or that they gain their respect.
  • No business experience is ok, someone has to start somewhere, you just have to convince them and quite frankly, most people say "GIVE ME MONEY" but not "HOW CAN I HELP YOU TO GIVE ME THE MONEY?"

il_duce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Visceral
Then is it possible to create interest, to make yourself interested in something?

Is it possible to turn yourself into a risk=taker?

Is it possible to create an "itch" for something?
What do you enjoy doing most in life, aside from the necessities like eating, sleeping, and ****ing?

That should be your answer to the first question.

In order to become a risk taker, to borrow a quote from Fight Club, "You just...let...go."

Learn that it is better to take a risk than to never take the risk at all. You might succeed, you might fail, but at least in failure you will learn from your mistakes. Learning from past mistakes will only make you stronger, as long as you can use them in a positive way and not let them get you down.

The third question isn't as easy to explain. But once you find your true passion in life, you will have the "itch". Try working on finding what you're interested in, and eventually you will find the "itch". It's an awesome feeling once you finally find it. :cool:

SELF-MASTERY

Banned
Reaction score
What do you enjoy doing most in life, aside from the necessities like eating, sleeping, and ****ing?
Here lies the problem with all that follow your passion, make your passion your job, do what you really love and the money will come talk. I LUV golf, shooting my gun, and driving my car on lonely backroads. How do I profit from those interest. Golf, I barely break 90, but love the game for the challenge, a mini tour or any tour card is not in my future, who's gonna pay me to shoot for a living, driving on lonely roads in my car, besides, some crazy job as a trucker, how does this become a profit maker.

Following your passion, is great for a musician, actor or other creative types, those are passions that can make one money, probably not alot of money. I know a guy who is a security officer on the weekend and jazz musician by night. He loves his situation.....Passion for profit is a farce, a falacy, a damn right sham. I think Passion for pleasure make more sense. Why must your hobbies commingle with making money. Why not doing something just for enjoyment?

I agree, there is money out there to be made, but it involves risks... My personal goal is not to become rich: All I want is a house, o debt, and enough money saved to take care of the uncertainty of life. I just wanna be comfortable. I dont need fancy cars and all that sh**. My current goal is to become semi-retired by 40 with a home that is paid off, screw homestead exemptions, I want security.

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
One day a fisherman was lying on a beautiful beach,
with his fishing pole
propped up in the sand and his solitary line cast
out into the sparkling
blue surf. He was enjoying the warmth of the
afternoon sun and the prospect
of catching a fish.

About that time, a businessman came walking down
the beach, trying to
relieve some of the stress of his workday. He
noticed the fisherman sitting
on the beach and decided to find out why this
fisherman was fishing instead
of working harder to make a better living for
himself
and his family.

"You aren't going to catch many fish that way,"
said the businessman to the
fisherman, "you should be working rather than lying
on the beach!"
The fisherman looked up at the businessman, smiled
and replied, "And what
will my reward be?"
"Well, you can get bigger nets and catch more
fish!" was the businessman's
answer.

"And then what will my reward be?" asked the
fisherman, still smiling. The
businessman replied, "You will make money and
you'll be able to buy a boat,
which will then result in larger catches of fish!"

fisherman again. The
businessman was beginning to get a little irritated
with the fisherman's
questions. "You can buy a bigger boat, and hire
some people to work for
you!" he said.

"And then what will my reward be?" repeated the
fisherman. The businessman
was getting angry. "Don't you understand? You can
build up a fleet of
fishing boats, sail all over the world, and let all
your employees catch
fish for you!"

Once again the fisherman asked, "And then what will
my reward be?" The
businessman was red with rage and shouted at the
fisherman, "Don't you
understand that you can become so rich that you
will never have to work for
your living again! You can spend all the rest of
your days sitting on this
beach, looking at the sunset. You won't have a care
in the world!"

The fisherman, still smiling, looked up and said,
"And what do you think
I'm doing right now?"

Señor Fingers

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bravo! Another fine post from the Prodigal Pook.
(Although somehow, I don't have much faith in your ability to shut up ;) )

While I find this thread to be a refreshing kick in the ass, I would like to clarify that there is a big difference between living your dreams and being wealthy. (Unless your dream is to be stinking rich) As squirrels pointed out in his parable, some of us are happy doing what we love and just making a living, instead of a fortune.

IMHO, there is no greater wealth than living the life you always wanted. It's up to you to decide what that is and to realize the freedom you have to make it a reality.

I think that this is the real message behind this thread.
We always have a choice!

DjDreamer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by squirrels
One day a fisherman was lying on a beautiful beach,
with his fishing pole
propped up in the sand and his solitary line cast
out into the sparkling
blue surf. He was enjoying the warmth of the
afternoon sun and the prospect
of catching a fish.

About that time, a businessman came walking down
the beach, trying to
relieve some of the stress of his workday. He
noticed the fisherman sitting
on the beach and decided to find out why this
fisherman was fishing instead
of working harder to make a better living for
himself
and his family.

"You aren't going to catch many fish that way,"
said the businessman to the
fisherman, "you should be working rather than lying
on the beach!"
The fisherman looked up at the businessman, smiled
and replied, "And what
will my reward be?"
"Well, you can get bigger nets and catch more
fish!" was the businessman's
answer.

fisherman, still smiling. The
businessman replied, "You will make money and
you'll be able to buy a boat,
which will then result in larger catches of fish!"

fisherman again. The
businessman was beginning to get a little irritated
with the fisherman's
questions. "You can buy a bigger boat, and hire
some people to work for
you!" he said.

"And then what will my reward be?" repeated the
fisherman. The businessman
was getting angry. "Don't you understand? You can
build up a fleet of
fishing boats, sail all over the world, and let all
your employees catch
fish for you!"

Once again the fisherman asked, "And then what will
my reward be?" The
businessman was red with rage and shouted at the
fisherman, "Don't you
understand that you can become so rich that you
will never have to work for
your living again! You can spend all the rest of
your days sitting on this
beach, looking at the sunset. You won't have a care
in the world!"

The fisherman, still smiling, looked up and said,
"And what do you think
I'm doing right now?"
:crackup:

That's a good illustration of living every day as if it's your last.

I think that this is the real message behind this thread.
We always have a choice!
So true...

Having an itch to be rich is merely a choice.

prosemont

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Actually, there is a "wealth tax" which is called the Estate Tax. Even this tax, however, has just been repealed by the house and is in the senate where if it is not repealed it will be amended to reduce taxes on the wealthy ... making the rich richer.

sifer

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by prosemont
Actually, there is a "wealth tax" which is called the Estate Tax. Even this tax, however, has just been repealed by the house and is in the senate where if it is not repealed it will be amended to reduce taxes on the wealthy ... making the rich richer.
Exactly, the rich always get richer. Like me and STR8UP. :D

Flyer

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
wow:woo:

thefonz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
But I don't want pook to shut up:(

legolas

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by DjDreamer
Wow... I think I'm seeing the metamorphosis of Pook...

The emphasis is no longer ********, the emphases is now finance...

It's not just finance, in fact it is life advice. I appreciate that Pook has gone into this, as he is pulling the rest of us with him. I can see Kiyosaki's influence got to him more than it ever got to me. Damn, I gotta go read those books once more.

btw. I think it is because of Kiyosaki that many people are even considering real estate, since that is all he basically talks about. When I used to visit the business section in Borders, I would see people buying tons of REI books and getting into the REI craze without having the slightest clue how economics works.

christie

Banned
Reaction score
The Forum cries out, "OMG, this is the BEST thread title ever!"

Someone related to espionage told me this: we are most vulnerable at two points in our lives. First, it is when we are without a lifemate. Second, is when we have lost our financial footing. He told me that spies and all find these two weaknesses in Human Nature the easiest and most common to exploit.

The experience of being a Nice Guy or AFC should have waken you up to the reality of the how easy it is to be exploited of the first weakness. It is not just those girls who walked over you that was in the exploiting. It is also the marketing. "Wear this and all the ladies will love you!" The movies. "OMG, that young actress is sooo hot! Who cares the movie sucks or she can't act." Music. "Lalalala, I sing of my heart's loneliness, lalalala." Clubs, bars, designer clothes, sports cars, all the people behind it are pressuring your weak point there.

How to solve this weak point?

1) Be comfortable and confident to go get ANY girl at ANY time no matter your financial/material situation.

2) Know what you TRULY want in life, have a PURPOSE or a PASSION, which is a stronger tether to keep you from being pulled by exploiters.

3) Be able to say NO to any girl and don't take CR@P from anyone.

4) Create an identity that doesn't depend on women or female approval
(father, husband, boyfriend, player, all are insignificant since they depend on women to exist).

5) Keep investing time in yourself. Don't $hit your entire youth chasing girls.

The second weakness is much softer than the other one. The issue of money is very important, it will be a dominant issue in your life, probably even more so than women. How do people exploit those who have little to no financial footing? Let us count the ways:

By big corporations promising you a career to 'climb the corporate ladder' for the rest of your life with '401k' retirements and all. What they do not say is that there is no job security today. And those GM/Ford/Airline/ETC. workers who were promised pension retirements? Their pension funds keep getting slashed, so they have to go back to work. Do you really think the 401 ks and mutual funds will be as secure?

By banks offering you a house. "Your house is an asset," they say. Yes, it is true. But your house is an asset to the bank. Even if you pay off your house, your payments will probably increase due to property taxes and other costs. You really believe you 'own' your house? Try not paying your property taxes and you will find out who TRULY owns your house.

By Wall Street saying, "Invest for the long term! Diversify, diversify, diversify!" Does Warren Buffet diversify? What about Bill Gates? Keep control of your money, don't just hand it over to fund managers.

By politicians saying, "We will fix your pension problem" to "Let us lower taxes" to "let us raise taxes on the 'rich'". Politicians are very wealthy and they did not earn their wealth through income. There is no Wealth Tax. But there is an income tax because they don't want YOU to be wealthy. If everyone was financially secure, what role would the politician have? Most political issues are financial is not because of coincidence. From college loans, to oversea jobs, to lay-offs, to social security, to health care, on and on and on, they are all targeting your financial weak spot.

The cure from being financially exploited is:

1) Become financially literate (KNOW how to read a financial statement. Everyone needs to know how to do this. You will be dealing with money your entire life. You will realize there are two constants in life: one is for you to make money. And second is for everyone to want your money. Everyone.)

2) Keep open the OPTION of investing or making a business (You do not HAVE to. But we become stronger when we have more options, not less. If you feel yourself incapable of breaking out and starting a business or investment, you will be enslaved to employers for the rest of your life. Just keep the options open.)

3) Do what YOU want, do NOT follow the Way. (What is the 'Way'? The Way is College -> Good Job -> Marriage -> Big House -> Vacations -> Kids -> Save for kids college -> Retire. You do not HAVE to get married and do any of that. There is no formula for life. Never trust anyone who tells you that should consider yourself 'lucky' even if you feel unhappy in your job, wife/girl, or house.

Do all the above in italics and I will die a happy Pook. There is a reason why they call the financial world a 'Dog eat dog' world. Who is eating WHOM? Also, consider those Nature shows of one sex devouring another. Humans are capable of it as well. There is a reason why young men turn into a big fat bald old man by the time they are thirty or forty. Healthiness of soul is healthiness of life.
I agree these are the two biggest weaknesses in life.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've read parts of the Book of Pook. Good read. A lot of stuff was written with the intention of having a long shelf life.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've read parts of the Book of Pook. Good read. A lot of stuff was written with the intention of having a long shelf life.
Agreed - it stands the test of time.

It's funny to read posters on SS in 2020 say "the game has changed" because of x, y, z. Usually technology or female sensibility. And yet Pook's writings from 2000-05-ish still hold up because his opinions make a lot of sense.