Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How to get great pictures for OLD for free:

firstbornunicorn

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Find a "TFP" photographer group on facebook in your area. These are aspiring photographers that will shoot for free in exchange for using your photos in their portfolio. You also get the photos.

Some of these photographers are bad, but the majority isn't.

You're welcome.

Stuffnu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Glamour shots by Deb.
It worked for Uncle Rico.

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
Anyone that uses a professional photographer for OLD is a fvcking loser.
I agree totally. Women sometimes use them though and the pics just look over the top fake. I notice realtors usually use their photo shoot pics and they look heavily photoshopped.

Personally all you need is a newer smartphone like S21 Ultra or newer iPhone Pro series like 12 Pro Max or 13 pro or Pro Max that has great cameras. You can use the edit options to fine tune your skin tone, brightness and such.

Don't be the idiot using an iPhone 6 grainy pic for your profile like women do.

B80

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Whilst thats a bit harsh I tend to agree. After opening my tinder account a few years ago I put ropey photos up, then spent time on forums like ROoshv, where there were loads of threads about online photos and many seemed to advoate for pro photos. I nearly did it, but something about just seemed really cringy/embarrassing so I just took some better ones in the end with a decent mobile camera.

Funny enough tonight when I did some swiping, I came across 1 woman who had studio professional photos, posing with some kind of forced, alluring look/pose. And like others said, clearly had been touched up. Guess that may be more of a sign of a bad photographer though..

9-3enthusiast

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Just my 2c
I'm a photographer... and I wouldn't use pro photos on an OLD profile.
Choose your BEST pics by all means... you want good quality pics - Don't use crappy grainy pics, or anything that's unflattering.
But photos that were obviously done professionally just look too try-hard IMHO.
I've taken a few good pics of myself with a good camera, on a tripod, fairly soft, natural-looking lighting etc (no direct flash) - but deliberately try to avoid them looking too 'manufactured'.

I've seen women on OLD with pro photos, often studio shots - and I'm always VERY wary of what those pictures are hiding.
Good angles/lighting/make-up can make a huge difference - and just like aggressive filters, good professional studio photos can also hide A LOT.
A good rule of thumb is to look for their worst photo, and that will be the nearest to what turns up on the date.

Last edited:
Reactions: B80

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What the hell does “try-hard” even mean?

The dating market is bloodsport. Between two guys with similar aesthetics, she’s gonna pick the one with a clearer, better quality picture. Every detail counts in dating.

Men, while you hold onto misplaced ego, your prospects are sucking on the next guys Johnson.

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
Just my 2c
I'm a photographer... and I wouldn't use pro photos on an OLD profile.
Choose your BEST pics by all means... you want good quality pics - Don't use crappy grainy pics, or anything that's unflattering.
I've taken a few good pics of myself with a good camera, on a tripod, fairly soft, natural-looking lighting etc (no direct flash) - but deliberately try to avoid them looking too 'manufactured'.

I've seen women on OLD with pro photos, often studio shots - and I'm always VERY wary of what those pictures are hiding.
Good angles/lighting/make-up can make a huge difference - and just like aggressive filters, good professional studio photos can also hide A LOT.
A good rule of thumb is to look for their worst photo, and that will be the nearest to what turns up on the date.
And the ones who try that hard probably have sky high standards as well.

Hamurabimbi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
They do. Photos are everything. Quality photos are +2 SMV points on OLD easy.

Most guys are just too fvckimg cheap.
Eh. I used iPhone selfies. Was fine.
I think they're possibly useful on the margins. But, I couldn't see paying much for them.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eh. I used iPhone selfies. Was fine.
I think they're possibly useful on the margins. But, I couldn't see paying much for them.
I paid JCPenney $100 to do it. Got to do 3 outfits, 8 shots each. I brought a suit and doubled it as linkedin photos. I put the casual ones on the dating apps. Went from getting consistent 5s to 7s & 8s. The business photos got me 3 job interviews from LinkedIn without even having to apply.

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
I paid JCPenney $100 to do it. Got to do 3 outfits, 8 shots each. I brought a suit and doubled it as linkedin photos. I put the casual ones on the dating apps. Went from getting consistent 5s to 7s & 8s. The business photos got me 3 job interviews from LinkedIn without even having to apply.
How do you get 8s from OLD? if I'm not mistaken didn't you say you're short, bald, and ethnic? That's not possible according to most on this forum.

metalwater

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
professional photos make you look like a professional. doesn't work for bad-boy, player, sport, and other nonpro images. if your presentation of SMV is partially based on being a white-collar professional then the professional photo is a must if you are in a white-collar profession. The point is why would not have such photos already if you are any good at what you do... AND you would already know how to present something and even spell correctly. congruent...

If you're not leveraging being a professional as part of your SMV build, then the pro photo is not needed, just good clear images.

Fix your teeth instead of hiding them...

Genetic Error

Don Juan
Reaction score
agreed. any guy seen taking professional pics in my generation is a legit weirdo, these old guys arent very socially calibrated, like this guy.

Aren't you the same guy that spent $10k on a girl who didn't even want to date you?
its ok bro, zimbabwe did like 300 approaches and got laid once, fell for the PUA meme