Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How to get girls on Facebook?

rocco

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I thought about this quite a lot as I spend my time procrastinating on facebook. How or is it even possible to get girls on Facebook? I know it is possible because anything is possible, but I ask myself will Facebook be as lucrative for hooking up as Myspace was? I don't see how it can be but maybe someone can tell me otherwise.

The way I see it, is Myspace was much better for hooking up because of it's vast search engine which Facebook lacks. Back when people used to go on Myspace you could just run a search on single girls and narrow them down to a criteria (e.g. relationship status, ethnicity, and distance) and you'd get literally tons of chicks pop up in the search results. Does facebook even do that? From what I gathered, Facebook has did much to prevent people from doing this by placing a spam limit in how many people you can add in a certain time, and also a limit in how many networks you can join; this IMO severely limits how many random women you can pick up. Also to note that Facebook seem to have a greater stigma over accepting random adds from people you don't know, that Myspace did not (as much.)

So my question is.. If people are indeed hooking up on Facebook a lot; how are guys doing it?

SeymourCake

Banned
Reaction score
Meet them in person first, facebook second.

Greasy Pig

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A mate of mine swear black and blue that he has nailed a couple of chicks from some of the dating applications on Facebook such as Compare Hotness and Zoosk. I reckon he's full of sh!t but could be worth a shot.

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Borrowed from a friend,..

You dont want your life on display. People have forgotten how privacy is actually desireable. A lack of participation in social networks is not going to harm your chances with women, but it will protect your privacy and probably increase your chances with them. By allowing women to look into a window of your life you allow them to build assumptions that may do you a great disservice. Women are going to analyse this sh!t and they are often going to draw conclusions from it. You are essentially creating a Social Resume for them. What mystery can you build when you are ALWAYS availible and always on display?

You also only need to look at what type of men tend to use Facebook and myspace. Busy men of value are not going to be using this **** unless the HAVE too, but many of the men living on social networking sites tend to be the typical betas. Ass kissing white knights who dont have many better ways to spend their time. Women are going to build up this view of you in their heads based on your profile, and you end up being something else. So they flake. Or they assume the worst and they flake. You open yourself up to their emotional interpretations when you participate in this garbage.

Its social suicide IMO. You have a new wave of "social politics" taking hold because of social networking sites. Everything from who you friend to who you date is broadcast to the world, all for the predominantly female fanbase to interpret. Men take these things at face value, but we know most women are not going to. I have no doubt that you have young college kids getting laid on MySpace, but at our age we dont benefit from it at all. The best thing we can do is reject it entirely IMO. If women ask you why you dont use them, be honest. You like your privacy, you dont have time to waste, the people who matter are the ones you actually see and speak to.
FaceBook is nothing more than another convenient Buffer. One of the basics we've rung on about on SS for ages is not being so ƒucking available. I've stated for years that the primary reason an AFC never gets to date 2 is because he's so eager to vomit out his life's story on the restaurant table within the first 2 hours of the first date. Betas are relieved to do so because they (mistakenly) assume that girls want full disclosure and complete honesty to move on to rapport (and hopefully sex). Social media now bypasses even this rookie first date mistake before she's ever accepted and/or flaked. Men of value are too busy with their own sh!t to keep a constant update of their mundane activities.

Colossus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree about Facebook being a privacy compromise, but you can still have it without telling your life story or updating your every move. I think Facebook is actually a good tool. Not for picking up, but for INVESTIGATING.

This is 2010, just about everyone 35 or younger has a facebook page, and I seriously have not met ONE girl who doesnt have one. They cant resist!!! It's an ADHD attention-*****'s dream. Status updates, comments, relationship news, it's really like crack for girls.

You can find out so much about a chick's life with facebook. Notes, wall posts, status updates, tagged photos of whorish antics...all there for you to check out before finding out the hard way. Some university--Stanford I believe--did a study on student's facebook profiles and found that the number of friends and self-photos on someone's page both positively correlate with narcissistic personality disorder.

To maximize your own privacy while still enjoying the investigative benefits of facebook, just have a really basic profile with comments and wall posts turned OFF. Make your profile unsearchable, and dont allow anyone but friends to see your stuff.

sandman007

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've went out with quite a few women I've met on facebook and had sexual relations with several. More than one has sent ME the friend request. I don't have my life story on my profile, just enough to make it interesting and worthy of further investigation.

I don't update my status by the hour but occasionally post witty comments, some are original and others borrowed from various websites I visit. Most of what I post gets several responses, the vast majority from women. So...my personal experience is that whoever says men are wasting their time on Facebook is full of schit.

I still use the traditional methods of picking up women but Facebook is just another tool in the arsenal. I was in an LTR when MySpace was big so missed out on that but the way I search for women on Facebook is to look through someone's profile that I DO know (like a hot chick who has tons of friends) This is helpful so if you see someone you are interested in, you can ask the mutual friend about the girl to see if she is psycho, if she is in a relationship if it isn't displayed on her profile, etc.

I enjoy reading the opinions on this site and though I don't agree with everything I read, have gotten some useful advice here. But to whomever posted that negativity crap concerning men using Facebook, when you live in a rural area such as me, it's very good for weeding out women that may look promising at first glance and turning you on to women you otherwise wouldn't know existed. To each his own but I won't be canceling my profile anytime soon. It's just been too productive.

Amazing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I disagree with Rollo and his friend, since I know a few guys who meet and get laid with women through facebook. They meet a girl, get her FB and then chat with her there. I've done it myself, that's called rapport building, and yeah you need to know what you are doing.

To keep mystery - have a BLANK page with info

only upload photos, and may be only profile ones.

But there is nothing wrong with CORRECTLY gaming a girl over facebook - hell you look at her friends, you see where she goes to party, you are already half way in. And if she sees you know same people she knows...

oh btw, do post on girl's walls even if you aren't planning on dating them. Use them as social proof. I just did it with a girl, and she left a nice reply on mine. Guarantee that some girl will look and will text/msg me later, seen it happen before.