Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How to get back an engagement ring?

Reyaj

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So I believe by law a man is entitled to get back his engagement ring if he decides not to marry his girl...

Is this true? If so, what is the process of getting it back? I can imagine women could be bitter if an engagement falls apart and refuse to give back the ring. Let's say I am at her house one day and I take it when she's sleeping... is that unlawful?

Looking for any info anyone has on this topic...

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm no lawyer, but as far as I know an engagement ring is a gift and not a binding contractual incentive. You'll have to rely on the good will and judgment of the woman to give it back.

SecondHalf

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
samspade said:
I'm no lawyer, but as far as I know an engagement ring is a gift and not a binding contractual incentive. You'll have to rely on the good will and judgment of the woman to give it back.
sam is correct.
An engagement ring is viewed as a gift in court (Canadian anyway).

Hurts, especially if it's a big one!

SH.

Reyaj

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

SecondHalf

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Burroughs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The real question is...

With this information out there how many millions of faggotized brainwashed men still YEARN to take 5-30 grand blow it on a ring and give it to some chick who will promise NOTHING in return.

how many men will be tricked/shamed/coerced into 'manning up' and 'do the right thing' for some cvnt who has no obligation to do likewise...

and then the real kicker.....how many on this board secretly feel the same way? :crackup:

Alvafe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I say ok give a ring since it more tradition then anything else, but spend 5.000 or more on a single piece who will not do nothing at all just look pretty is ridiculous....

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A gift has three elements: offer, acceptance, and donative intent. The ring meets all three, and in the eyes of the law, it is a gift.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Burroughs said:
The real question is...

With this information out there how many millions of faggotized brainwashed men still YEARN to take 5-30 grand blow it on a ring and give it to some chick who will promise NOTHING in return.

how many men will be tricked/shamed/coerced into 'manning up' and 'do the right thing' for some cvnt who has no obligation to do likewise...

and then the real kicker.....how many on this board secretly feel the same way? :crackup:
I didn't buy an engagement ring for my wife. I can't imagine any scenario where I would have either. When American femcvnts hear that you can smell their indignation. One told me "If my husband proposed to me by saying 'let's get married' and without a ring I would have punched him in the stomach." I just thought: Nice. Have a fun marriage.

Today they even have "rules" about how much to spend. One month's salary or whatever. It is to barf.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you're both in California as your user info suggests then I believe a court of law would look at who broke off the engagement. To get your ring/money back you'd have to go to court and file a statement of claim. Make sure you don't lose the receipt.

But then the burden of proof as to who broke off the engagement will be on the plaintiff, and how does one prove such a thing? Does infidelity matter? Emotional abuse? It seems that such a scenario brings up all of the problems that used to occur with fault-based divorce.

Plus, can't the bride counter-sue for reimbursement of all the money she spent in anticipation of the wedding? It would be detrimental reliance.

Burroughs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
samspade said:
I didn't buy an engagement ring for my wife. I can't imagine any scenario where I would have either. When American femcvnts hear that you can smell their indignation. One told me "If my husband proposed to me by saying 'let's get married' and without a ring I would have punched him in the stomach." I just thought: Nice. Have a fun marriage.

Today they even have "rules" about how much to spend. One month's salary or whatever. It is to barf.

society is fvcked up in many ways

the best thing to do is this....you want to get married...propose with a nice shiny ribbon or even a rubber band wrapped around her finger...watch her face as you do this...if she shows the slightest sign of cringing or dismay or 'santa didn't get me what i want' look she is more into lifestyle and money than she is into you....if she curls her lips and frowns, pouts that she wants a real ring to 'prove' loyalty drop the biatch like she has gonorrhea....she will make your life miserable and will be a selfish cvnt forever...this won't happen though, because most men are too puzzy whipped and hypnotized by societal norms to try this.

L B

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you do end up not getting it back, then think of it as the relatively cheap price you paid for freedom.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
as for the expenses for the wedding, that would depend on who signed the contract with the vendor providing the goods or services. Do you agree?

Objection, your honor, irrelevant! :D

I was thinking more about deposits on a venue, buying a dress, and all the 101 little costs of a wedding. If they jointly signed a contract, then that's a contract issue. If the non-canceling side of the engagement got stuck paying on contracted expenses, then those damages would be added to the suit as part of the detrimental reliance. I still think that's the danger of suing to get the ring back - getting hit with a whopping counter-suit.

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If one simply must give a ring at all, one should state his intent upon giving it to her and file a notarized and dated letter with your attorney stating that you were loaning it out for her to wear until the end of the relationship. If you're willing to be a dumbass who spends 2 months working to pay for a diamond then you can spend 30 minutes walking into a notary office. And then when you get the ring back you can at least re-use it on the next chick and not be dumb enough to tell her you're reusing it.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't think the letter would help. It would be inadmissible as hearsay (out of court statement, not under oath, and used to prove the truth of the matter asserted). All the notary does is verify that it is you who signed the document. Everything else is up to the judge.

El_matador

Don Juan
Reaction score
If you're gonna steal it. Do NOT return it. just sell it in the black market or to someone at 70% its value and no tax.

if you return it, you could go to prison for stealing by tracing it back to you.

I know some dude who was engaged and he met some other younger hotter chick whom he knocked up while engaged. Naturally the bride to be refused to return the ring, so the guy just took it... she had no proof, but she knew it was him, as it magically disappear. My friend's neighbor bought it, it was in the 4000s .

typical practical guy, who just don't give a fvack.

it depends on each individual's ethics and all

but sometimes being too heavy on super conscience... gives you the losing end of the deal. No mercy

ebracer05

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The best way not to lose an engagement ring is to ensure that you never give one to a girl you would take it back from.