Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How to "drop" a "friend"?

sosumba

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hope this is right forum.

I have got a toxic "friend" that I feel might backstab me or fvck up over in some shape or form at any point in time. How do I drop him the best way? Respond less to his messages and fade away completely? What complecates things is that he hangs out with my other friend that I want to keep in contact with.

In reality though I want to delete him as a friend, block and ghost completely. But if that declaration of ceased friendship is over the shyte would probably start flying all over the place.

Romanemp22

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I had a 'friend' like that who I just started ignoring, when he would message me I would respond only for question and eventually he got the message. That was back in high school.Today, I would just tell the guy straight in face that I don't want to hang out with him anymore and that's it. Ofcourse I would respect more if someone tells me the same in the face .

CAPSLOCK BANDIT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Let me guess, your friend is raised by a single mother, has few guy friends other than you, you are a source of social proof for him, so now he talks **** about you to increase his own social proof while devaluing yours?

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hope this is right forum.

I have got a toxic "friend" that I feel might backstab me or fvck up over in some shape or form at any point in time. How do I drop him the best way? Respond less to his messages and fade away completely? What complecates things is that he hangs out with my other friend that I want to keep in contact with.

In reality though I want to delete him as a friend, block and ghost completely. But if that declaration of ceased friendship is over the shyte would probably start flying all over the place.
Do what women do. Just tell him you're "busy" and give him lame excuses until he gives up and goes away.

Lucky666Dice

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok, it's story time.

I had that toxic friend of mine. First 3 years of the friendship was pretty cool. We were hanging around in our home town, then we visited each other after we moved to different cities. Had a lot of fun.

Last year I noticed his toxic behaviour. No clue if he was toxic since the beginning or the girl which he met & get into the relationship with awake his dark side. I noticed that he has manipulative tendencies, he's prone to drug abuse and overall not respecting people he hangs out with until he is mentally wrecked by someone.

I couldn't get rid of him, he always found his way back like a ****ing boomerang - for example, through our mutual friends(I was seeing other friend of mine and the toxic one was already with him when I arrived).

I remembered that I borrowed him a book("Man and his symbols" by C.G Jung - highly recommend btw, if you are interested in psychology). I told him I want it back, but he wasn't keen to give it back. Always had some excuse(did not take it with me, don't know where it is, finally- "I lost it"). So I told him I want a new one. Gave him deadline. Books are important for me.

I was aware that I could not get the book back, since he was acting like a **** & was avoiding the return of the book. Meanwhile he got involved in drugs(sniff sniff & benzodiazepines).

So, I came up with an idea. I started to remind him about the book on a daily basis.
He lied to me couple of times that he ordered it and I will get it soon.
When I started asking for invoice the **** got real, gentlemen.

He lost my trust & respect completely - and that's what worked for me. When he saw there is no more respect or trust nor he can do his manipulative voo-voo stuff, he bailed out. He told me to fck off, but it didn't really bother me. I did not get my book back, but at least I unmasked his ****, and that was utterly satisfying.

TLDR:
SHOW HIM THAT U DO NOT RESPECT HIM NOR TRUST HIM ANYMORE.
IT SHOULD BE PURE MANIFESTATION OF DISGUST TOWARDS HIM, HIS DEEDS & ATTITUDE.