"She Laughed All Night. Then She Ghosted You. Here's Why."

Dinner ran three hours. She laughed at everything. You walked her to her car thinking this one's locked in.

Then: nothing. Two texts. No reply. What happened?

You did what most men do on a great date. You filled every silence, answered every question, and left her with nothing to wonder about. No mystery. Nothing to sit with when she got home.

Rule 3 of the "22 Rules" changes the ending: tell her a little, hold back the rest, and let her imagination do the chasing. The ghosting stops too.

Read more...

How to dress to impress (cost much less then you think)

dillin

Don Juan
Joined
Mar 7, 2004
Messages
172
Reaction score
0
Maybe you guys should go to a place like LA, they atleast know what they are wearing.
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

TooColdUlrick

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 23, 2003
Messages
989
Reaction score
9
Location
Hollywood
online, i bought an authentic 1920's priest's coat, black, 3/4 length, wool, with awesome crosses on the cuffs. it was in good shape, but i had it reseamed.

nothing but raving compliments, especially when they learn it's authentic 20's.

this one cost $400.00, but you can get stuff like this for dirt cheap if you find the right store(s).
 

blackbirdbeatle

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Mar 10, 2003
Messages
304
Reaction score
0
Age
43
Location
Canada
Bah.

Haha, I used to wear those alligator shirts all the time when I was little. I guess I was one stylin mofo back in elementary school.

I agree with others that you don't need to spend a weeks worth of salary on flipflops to look good. I for one couldn't pull off that quasi business look because I'm not comfortable in those clothes(funny enough I'm in business school).

Like someone else said, girls can spot someone who is dressing nice because they are confortable in it vs. someone who dresses merely to impress. Whenever I see someone my age(early 20's) with really expensive clothes that you would normaly wear to a boardroom I think they're trying too hard. Unless you're making a whack of cash(most 20 year olds aren't) it looks like you're trying too hard.

As long as you look presentable(and by presentable I mean clean hair, cut fingernails, clean clothes) your style shouldn't matter because your personality and charm should be doing most of the work, not your 500.00 non-pleated pants.

Oh ya, not to slam your post because if your cool with that style then go for it but the first thing that popped into my head when I heard your style guide is the Watabi Brothers from Saturday Night Live.
 

Caesar

Don Juan
Joined
Nov 10, 2001
Messages
135
Reaction score
0
Location
Cloud 9
Originally posted by TooColdUlrick
the WATCH, you forgot the watch :)

it is the accessory that rounds out your look. it is jewelry without being jewelry.

you don't need a patek or a rolex. just a damn good watch--a couple of them in fact.
After losing a couple of nice watches, a Swiss Army and a Citizen, I decided to buy a $5 watch at Walmart.
 

Master Homer

Don Juan
Joined
Mar 18, 2004
Messages
151
Reaction score
0
Location
West Palm Beach, FL
This post is very good, but doesn't account for the different styles between generations. A 40 year old would wear radically different clothing then an 18 year old. Clothing that is more rebellious will be more attractive to younger girls.

Personally, the way I do it is if I think it looks good on me, then it looks good on me.
 

"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

Top