Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How to dress to impress (cost much less then you think)

RedKnight04

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Alot of people talk about dressing with women isn't important or not weighed that much. But let me tell you, there wrong. It is very important. Sure guys can get girls without big dress but there is a way to make a statement even without OVERDRESSING.

It kind of says - I KNOW what is going on - and sends that type of body language.

I have talked to girls about dressing and they always tell me the same thing, tight clothes, nice jeans, bla bla bla.

Well, I do have a gay brother that knows how to dress very well. If you don't think it matters cause he's a guy - think again... It has got me alot and alot and alot of looks... But make sure you have a decent figure - not muscle toned - steriod taking neccessary.

Tips: Do's and Don'ts

* Don't wear pleated dress pants or khakis. That is unless your a heavy set person because that is basically what there for. I never knew that this sends a sloppy outlook. Keep with a Flat-Front look.

* Don't buy shirts with a collar that have buttons for the collar unless its for a suit. When you unbutton that top button for a casual look it looks so much better. You know those buttons, they hold the collar to the shirt.

* Do buy boot cut jeans, stay away from relaxed fit...- and get low rise. And wear them exactly on the HIP bone. Make sure the length is just PERFECT. A little part flaking over the boot.

* STAY AWAY from cargo, painters, anything with alot of pockets jeans or shorts. Khaki's fall into that category as well.

* Look for FUN clothes, there are actually clothes that look fun, when you shop with girls sometimes they'll say "oh well this looks fun." Get that! Not too much going on with the shirt but just enough. (sends good body language)

* Don't wear a shirt under polos or v-necks, it shows more confidence in your own skin.

* Do wear a good size shirt that fits you good and your arms, don't get XL,L,XXL unless you need it, Stay away from any baggy looks.

* Wear touchy clothling, ex. Silk, Linen. Something that looks touchable that might excite a woman. It shows that you can dress to kill also, its not just a woman who can wear nice fabrics. It also makes them want to touch you!!

* WEAR NICE SHOES!!! If you wear bad ones it could KILL the whole outfit, Sneakers suck ass unless your working out! IF you like shorts, wear a good brand name flip flops, but not beach kind, more casual - even some that you can go out with. ex. Reaction (Kenneth Cole) - found those at Nordstrom Rack - GREAT PAIR OF casual sandles.

* Don't wear shorts past the knees. Too long, too sloppy looking.

* GO to ROSS and TJ MaXX they probably have the best clothes out of anybody for a GREAT cost. People talk **** that place is full of trash, but when you sort through the garbage its like another NORDSTROMS, DILLIARDS or such.

* Look for the best names in pants and shirts, ex. Donna Karen (DKNY), Calvin Klein, Kenneth Cole. (Ross and TJMaxx have these!!) If those clothes come off TRUST me when the girls see that they flock more! They know you've got it going on!!!

* On shoes, you can stick with anything that looks good EXCEPT for dress shoes you want to look for a decent name like Coach or something (If its atleast a good price) - On DRESS SHOES - you can wear some with jeans too . .. LOOK for that smooth (not rough) bottom side of the shoe... If its rough - even if it looks nice it CANNOT be worn with anything but jeans!!! VERY IMPORTANT. If you buy nice brown dress shoes, you can kill two birds with one stone.

* Get to know the IRONing board and do it!

And remember - Women have military equiped radar for there detection to see if you have what it takes.

PASS those petty tests and know how to dress and you have won half the battle!

the_gunslinger

Don Juan
Reaction score
TJ Maxx, is that the same company that own TK maxx in the UK?

what do you mean when you say "fun clothes." can you post some links to examples or something?

DJ_Dork

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
good tips, a few of them can be bent/overlooked. just remember that dressing good will win you compliments but that's about it. would recommend walking around stores like abercrombie/gap/etc to see the mannequins wearing what.. try to look for that style at places like marshalls, ross, tj-maxx.. like what the guy says.

dillin

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by DJ_Dork
good tips, a few of them can be bent/overlooked. just remember that dressing good will win you compliments but that's about it. would recommend walking around stores like abercrombie/gap/etc to see the mannequins wearing what.. try to look for that style at places like marshalls, ross, tj-maxx.. like what the guy says.
Dressing nice does more than just get compliments, the better looking women almost always dress nice and they want a guy who can dress good aswell.

Depending on where you shop you can go to certain places and nearly everything will look good. I personally wouldn't ever shop on ROSS or a place like that but just buy the most expensive stuff you can afford.

Shoes are really important aswell so buy a nice pair of shoes. Actually PUMA makes nice shoes that are really cheap, I hate that Kenneth Cole stuff. If you want a nice pair of shoes that will grab the girls eyes check out the shoes made by GUCCI. The leather is absolutely amazing and the shoe designs are awesome so check it out if you can afford it because the shoes will last you a long time and you can wear them while doing pickups but just don't wear them as everyday casual shoes.

I think if you go to the beach getting a good unique style of sandals is really important, some Italian designers make good very cool looking sandals and it will help set you apart from other guys. My beach sandals cost nearly $200 for flip flops but they are worth it.

numlock

Don Juan
Reaction score
wow absolulely awesome post
all of these tips are very solid

The_Mole

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
what u think about good designed t-shirt over shirt?

and what about those shirts that look so unique that u can only wear them once or everyone will noticed u wore it again?

Lost Cause

Don Juan
Reaction score
Read Vassago's thread for any fashion info you may need. I'll just add this one little point that will make you twice as attractive.

GET A TAN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RedKnight04

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
dressing good will win you compliments but that's about it.
Well I can't speak for every guy when I say that. I speak for what works for me. I'VE found that girls tend to lean more towards someone who dresses with more CLASS. I don't mean suits or what not....I mean doing a little bit but making a huge statement.

I also find that less is more. Try to wear only a watch and thats about it. DON'T tuck in your shirts unless its obviously neccessary.

I recommend, which I did do also, to go out to a club or a bar one night - either friday or saturday night when everyone is trying to bring there "A" GAME. A night club is usually the BEST. Study what the guys WITH the girls are wearing. Honestly, the girls that are hot I mean the hottest you've seen are
usually with BETTER dressing guys - now I don't mean you HAVE to go after these types of girls but if you want to look like you GET girls you have to ACT like you get girls.

REMEMBER by better dressing I mean they usually follow those things at the top, not TOO MUCH but nice - they'll have a button down shirt that looks good.

what do you mean when you say "fun clothes." can you post some links to examples or something?

No, I don't buy my clothes online. That is bad if you do - but I'm sure you just want a picture of them or something LOL. Dude they are so hard to describe. But think for a second what do you do and is the most top reason of reasons to pick up girls? BE FUN! How would you dress if you were this happy fun loving person but still busting chops and have still maintain your balls? I say always nice shoes not sneakers and jean pants and a nice button down SILK shirt left out. That says CONFIDENCE too me. Comfortable person with there body. Think if you wear those clothes all the time like that she'll start thinking THERES A reason why your doing that - you must have a whole lot of friends that you go out with if you have to buy clothes like that! See where I'm going with this?

prince_dj

Reaction score
some really good tips. my favorite is about the jeans:

"Do buy boot cut jeans, stay away from relaxed fit...- and get low rise. And wear them exactly on the HIP bone. Make sure the length is just PERFECT. A little part flaking over the boot."

the not-baggy, close fit, low rise, and perfect length is important.

DEKKA

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by BlackDragon
Cool dressing tip if your white.
haha i was just thinking that.

there's so many different styles for different age groups and personality types.

some people may feel awkward dressing all "preppy". some people like a hardened look. if you're black you might sway to a dif style when you choose your gear. you really gotta keep in mind what expresses you as a person and try to compliment your personality.

i personally don't like wearing jeans that are too tight. eck. this is partly due to the fact that i'm quite tall 6'4" and they make me look to skinny.

i also don't agree with any of that queer eye gay makeover sh!t. dressing nice is different than dressing like a faggot.

i do think it's a good idea to cruise down to the mall with your girl and have her look around with you at clothes. women have an eye for sh!t that is beyond me. it's like a secret language because the clothes they pick out are the ones that get the compliments from other chicks.

good advise tho...

and GET A TAN!!! i cannot stress this enough for those very white people out there.

-J

KillingTime

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yea it really depends on the age group (just made a post about this on one of the boards)... I'm 18, most girls i've met are not into the sophisticated look yet. The hotter girls I've met are mostly into more of a "rockstar/skater" look. For example I have this friend who is a 17 year old model, she was telling me one time about this extremely hot guy she saw and how he had all these tattoos and stuff.... I heard another girl once saying "omg I saw this guy and he had the cutest piercing" ..... and I mean these are HOT girls... not only that but im talking straight A student, very high class girls.. but they are into these types of guys. About a year ago I tried dressing VERY nice for about 6 months, silk shirts, expensive shoes... the works.... I didn't get one look, but my friend, the one with the completely ripped apart jeans and Nirvana shirt was going out with this insanely sexy girl.... so I think age group is very important.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by KillingTime
Yea it really depends on the age group (just made a post about this on one of the boards)... I'm 18, most girls i've met are not into the sophisticated look yet. The hotter girls I've met are mostly into more of a "rockstar/skater" look. For example I have this friend who is a 17 year old model, she was telling me one time about this extremely hot guy she saw and how he had all these tattoos and stuff.... I heard another girl once saying "omg I saw this guy and he had the cutest piercing" ..... and I mean these are HOT girls... not only that but im talking straight A student, very high class girls.. but they are into these types of guys. About a year ago I tried dressing VERY nice for about 6 months, silk shirts, expensive shoes... the works.... I didn't get one look, but my friend, the one with the completely ripped apart jeans and Nirvana shirt was going out with this insanely sexy girl.... so I think age group is very important.

Maybe that's because you didn't that you belonged in that type of clothing. woman can spot a man like that a mile a way.

I dress up so much now I have casual slacks, and I actually clean the house in slacks. I am 20, and yes for the most part I don't get looks from woman my age unless I talk to them, but I don't like woman my age, I like older woman, and there are times I have to literaly shake them off with a stick.

TooColdUlrick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
the WATCH, you forgot the watch :)

it is the accessory that rounds out your look. it is jewelry without being jewelry.

you don't need a patek or a rolex. just a damn good watch--a couple of them in fact.

Lost Cause

Don Juan
Reaction score
Another tip here.. I've used to great compliment. You've gotta be a handsome guy to pull this off... at least well.

Try wearing a tie very casually. Some nights I just feel like wearing a tie (and not a damn suit). So I'll throw on a pair of Faded Diesel Jeans, a Black LS Button up shirt (w/ subtle pinstripes) that fits my body, a silver tie and a pair of kenneth cole shoes like these (but in black). Maybe a throwover black jacket if its a little cold out.

Shoes

http://www.kennethcole.com/scripts/shop/productrx.asp?pid=4535&cc=RMSHO&title=&pw=thumbnail

Black Jacket I wear (unzipped of course)

http://www.kennethcole.com/scripts/shop/productrx.asp?pid=4416&cc=RMOTW&title=&pw=thumbnail

the diesel jeans are 'kratt' ART 740 LAB 330. for whoever knows what that means.

I cant find the exact watch but it looks similar to this

http://www.kennethcole.com/scripts/shop/product.asp?pid=2772&cc=KMWTH&title=&pw=thumbnail

black shirt.. any will do. but try not to get a typical "dress shirt" get something meant more to be worn casually.

I also wear a few silverstar rings and an attitude when i go out. hope this helps someone.

late.

HappyHobo

Banned
Reaction score
IVE GOT A FEW WORDS TO ENCAPSULATE THIS POST AND ITS:

F6CK NAME BRAND CLOTHING AND SHOP AT THRIFT STORES!

PERIOD. DONE. FINISHED. OVER.

ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW.

jordanz

Banned
Reaction score
I agree to a point. Too much Brand name clothing reflects a few AFC qualities IMO.

1. Seeking Approval.

2. Conformity

3. Lack of Creativity

Ofcourse these things may work great on a social approval level but does a Kenneth Cole "uniform" really turn a girl on?

TheInfamousCBear

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by jordanz

Ofcourse these things may work great on a social approval level but does a Kenneth Cole "uniform" really turn a girl on?
If you look good in it, it helps....

HappyHobo

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by jordanz
I agree to a point. Too much Brand name clothing reflects a few AFC qualities IMO.

1. Seeking Approval.

2. Conformity

3. Lack of Creativity

EXACLY.

alboh

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Here's a small tip for all of you rocking the preppy or hipster looks: run down to your local thrift store and grab any Lacoste shirts you see (the golf shirts with the tiny alligators). There are almost always one or two in your size. I don't care what it looks like, as long as its in reasonable condition and has that alligator, girls go nuts over them for some reason...they're gonna be really hot this summer. This comes straight from my sister, who knows these things :)

And while chumps are out there getting them from stores for like $80, you can grab one for $2 -- since they were popular in the 80s they're all over thrift stores, and they last really well.