Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How to dress to Impress 101

Lozz

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok guys i found that you need to look cool n casual but at the same time, you stand out just slightly above everyone else. On a night out i sometimes wear black lofers (brown are also good), black socks, black pinstripe trousers, calvin klein or tommy hilfiger boxers, a T-shirt (white/blue) and a black casual jacket or short sleeve shirt. I am always guarenteed looks from the ladies in these clothes.
Otherwise I wear dark blue jeans n a black t-shirt. Not only these things make you look good they make you feel good thus increasing your confidence. a good aftershave is always a good way to top things off.

Giving off good impressions to ladies - when you're having a good time ladies wanna be around you. Learn to become good at pool or something so that you can show off that you are better than everyone else. when holding a cue it instantly makes you look better than the guy next to you.

When drinking, don't drink those poncy drinks girls are always drinking - not good for the image. kick back with a beer.

Don_juan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Okay, my two cents...

For starters, boxer are the safest way to go. Surveys always show that women prefer boxers over briefs so why take a chance. I've never met a woman who made fun of a man wearing boxers, but have certainly heard them make fun of a man wearing tighty whitey's.

Second, always wear white socks?!?! WTF are you thinking on this one. Biggest fashion don't out there is white socks. Unless you're jogging, leave the white socks at home. Some exception to this, but for the most part... black socks.

Third, you didn't even mention shoes when that's one of the first thing that women look at. Always have a few good pair of shoes that go with many things. You need a good pair of black leather shoes, a good pair of sneakers, good pair of sandles and any others that you may need. Doc Martin's are great for the black leather shoes, but anything that looks good will work. Girls will notice quality on this one though.

Forth, you made a good point on the brand name stuff. I do think it's better, women do notice it, so why not. Now I'm not talking about logo filled clothes, I hate that and I think most women do also. I'm talking about things like a good pair of lucky brand jeans. You can't go wrong there, and I do think they are better quality. And even if they aren't, if a girl sees them and likes them more than if they said "JC Penny" on them, then it was money well spent.

Now as far as style goes though, everyone has their own. There is no dead set of rules on owning these shirts and these pants, if you're not comfortable in what you're wearing then women will pick up on that and it will hurt you. So wear what your style is and don't think twice about it. But everyone should avoid the major no-no's like white socks!!!

And if you have blue or green eyes.... match your shirt to them! Trust me.

Ben

StuartScott

Banned
Reaction score
WHATEVER. I always wear white socks. I wear white socks with my LUGZ Boots when I'm wearing jeans and no one has ever complained or made fun of me cuz I'm not the only one that does it. I even wear white socks with jean shorts, but I wear them low. I guess Denim shorts are a big no no also, not in Hot a$s Houston Texas. Now I don't wear white socks when I'm wearing slacks or something like that but for the most part, ain't nothing wrong with white socks, quit overanalyzing.

Don_juan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by StuartScott:
WHATEVER. I always wear white socks. I wear white socks with my LUGZ Boots when I'm wearing jeans and no one has ever complained or made fun of me cuz I'm not the only one that does it. I even wear white socks with jean shorts, but I wear them low. I guess Denim shorts are a big no no also, not in Hot a$s Houston Texas. Now I don't wear white socks when I'm wearing slacks or something like that but for the most part, ain't nothing wrong with white socks, quit overanalyzing.

Wear what you want, I'm just giving you my opinion. I just repeat what I've been told by countless women and my sister (who owns several clothing stores).... white socks should not be worn with dark shoes and pants. Now Houston Texas isn't quite the fashion capital of the world, so you can probably get away with it. Most fashion conscience places will notice those things though.... that's all I was saying.

Paradox

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by david_med@hotmail.com:
its not the clothes that make the man, its the man that makes the clothes.
This is the bottom line. It's not what you wear but how you wear it. A co-worker of mine wears the same tired jeans everyday. he always wears a clean shirt and his jeans are clean looking.

He recently bagged the prettiest girl in the office. No one can figure it out. I can. His walk and the way he talks reflects his confidence.

Topic moved to 'Tips'

the_gunslinger

Don Juan
Reaction score
things every Dj needs in his wardrobe. a step by step guide:

torso

at least one clean, white cotton shirt. this will go with loads of things. go for two if possible. can be worn seperately or with a tie.

a combination of 2 or three coloured shirts. ones i find work well are pale blue, light pink (not girly pink) and black. that way you are able to dress for several occurances.
two jumpers: a polo neck is nice for acasual winter date, while a neutral V necked jumper will go with almost anything.

Polo shirts: same as the colored shirts, go for a range of colours, but avoid pure black and pure white.

T shirts: avoid tie dyed and T shirts saying crap like "im with stupid" and "you are the weakest link...goodbye". personally, i go for 3 sporty t shirts (Adiddas), a couple of casual ones and the following: a baggy white one, a baggy black one (pure white and pure black) and a good fitting white t shirt. this makes you look more mature apparently.

a checked, luberjack style shirt if you want that dawsons creek style.

at least 2 ties: no comedy ties, get a red one and a black one, or get a white one to go with your black shirt (so you look like a photo negative, think about it, your reversing the trend, she wont be expecting that)

jackets: invest in several god jackets. the ones i own allow for adaptability for different social situatiuons. they are as follows:
leather jacket: this is my baby, i love it, its smart/casual and goes with most stuff.
flying jacket: just looks cool
two denim jackets: one with the mucky effect, one clean, both look cool and it varies the basic pattern a bit
2 big thick jackets: a bit baggy but warm as hell in winter.
a big puffy jacket: a throwback to my gangsta pimp phase.

Other stuff: BAsketball bibs can look quite cool with white t shirts underneath. also, a white tshirt without the sleves looks cool in the summer.

legs

jeans: get a black and a blue pair. that way your covered and can vary your appearance for that special lady. also consider light blue and dark blue.

trousers: get two good pairs of dress trousers, black is safe, navy is styleish, although dark olive is also quite nice with a plae top.
khaki: nuf said

combats: get at least one pair of combat patterned trousers, i dunno why, its just something everyone should own, personally i own urban camo, jungle camo and deserd camo.

other stuff: i personally own a set of orange overalls. i wear the trousers and have the hands tied around the waist and wear this with a white t shirt. if any of you have seen men in black, the original, its what will smith wears when he's chasing that sephalapoid (the guy that dives off the roof)

feet: have at least 6 pairs of shoes. women notice shoes, so take care of them. you want:
a pair of brown/tan shoes to go with brown/tan trousers.
a pair of black shoes with laces as these go with anything
a pair of black loafers (non laces)
a pair of boots: this suggests ruggedness and a bit of individualism
trainers: two pairs. one you keep immaculate, the others should be a cheap pair that cost no more than $20/£15 and you can just batter the crap out of them.

socks:

black: 3 pairs at least, plus sports socks. joke socks are ok for perhaps the 4th or 5th date if your trying to show yourself as having a joker's side to you

toot86

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You guys got me all wrong... First i ment to say Boxer Briefs.. NOt TIGHTY WHITIES!!!

Second White socks with no logos is what i ment to say.. And unless your going to get married dont get black socks..

I said Leather Jacket because suits are too boring .. Girls like a bad boy look..

And when i said brand names i didint Mean LOGO shirts those are the 17buck shirt specials at every brand name store buy the stuff that dont have logos infront that is probally the most expensive..

if you see kids with logo filled shirts its because they didint have enough money to buy the good shirts...

Shoes..

Running shoes (Nike)
Leather Boots (Sketechers)
Gray mounting shoes (Nike_

Buy the best SHOES .. BECAUSE you only going to have 3 pairs MAX so get the best they should last you a year.. Unless you like to mud wrestle

If your tall wear stripes
If your short Wear solid colors
Fat people have to wear stripes DONT WEAR SOLID COLORS

Dark skinned peeps go with Earth tone colors..

Light skinned People go with bright colors.\

Maybe someone can elaborate on the colors iam not really sure of it.

Princess-Spock

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Imagine the following scenario: A beautiful woman at a club nudges her friend and says, "See that guy over there, the one dressed just like all the other guys in here? I bet he's cool, I'm gonna go talk to him!!"

Of course that'll NEVER happen; if you want to be singled out, you need to STAND out. That doesn't mean wearing neon pink, it just means showing some individuality, style, creativity, flair..... showing that you're your own man, that you don't follow the pack, that you're confident and have the ballz to risk "doing it wrong" and do it your own way rather than letting the buyers for the Gap dictate what you'll wear.

It makes sense to pick clothes that suit your body type and show off your best "parts," in colors that suit your coloring, and to be comfortable with what you've got on.

If you can manage to wear even one unusual and original thing, that'll make you look more interesting and will serve as an easy conversation starter for women, who are always advised to start talking to new men by commenting on something cool they're wearing.

The advice about wearing something like a leather jacket to look a little "bad" is dead-on.

As to underwear; although I personally think that something baggy that gives no hint as to what lies underneath is the LEAST sexy sort of garment, women in general DO prefer boxers currently.

If you want to wear underwear that's bare enough to be racy without being "gay," I'll toss a vote out for my personal favorite, jock straps. ;-)

------------------
To prevent fights, I will NEVER return to a thread once I've posted there. To well-wishers; sorry!! To all others; :p

"The world is wide, and I will not waste my life in friction when it could be turned into momentum." -- Frances Willard

The truth will set you free..... but first, it'll REALLY p!ss you off.

"It is not enough to have great qualities, we should also have the management of them." -- La Rochefoucauld

[This message has been edited by Princess-Spock (edited 08-26-2002).]

Don_juan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Princess-Spock:
Imagine the following scenario: A beautiful woman at a club nudges her friend and says, "See that guy over there, the one dressed just like all the other guys in here? I bet he's cool, I'm gonna go talk to him!!"

Imagine the following scenario: A beautiful woman at a club nudges her friend and says, "See that guy over there, the one dressed nothing like anyone in here? I bet he's cool, I'm gonna go talk to him!!"

Never happens either. Basically, the only way this saying happens is see that hot guy over there. So it all boils down to, if you're ugly... STAY HOME. No amount of clothes will help you....

Squy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have a question:

What about stuffing your t-shirts/shirts inside your khakis/jeans?

It looks more "handsome" (lol?), my sister/mom tells me that. Or do you only stuff your shirt/t-shirt at funerals/weddings/important dates (if you're not wearing suits), but never on casuals?

Varnon

Don Juan
Reaction score
How often do mothers and sisters give good women advice?

Actualy yeah it does happen. Chick comes up to me and asks me why I was dressed so differently.
I don't remember what I said, I wasn't really interested anyway. But yeah she came up to me just about that, or at least that gave her a reason to talk to me.

diplomatic_lies

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Also if you're Asian and have black hair/fair skin, go for a contrasting style (black, white, red, deep blue all look good).

And wear black socks if you wear black pants! (add to it black shoes)

~UnDisputed~

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
u idiot. every sock has a brand name, theres no such thing as a plain white sock... socks can be all white with no logo, but they still have brand names...

oh yea, and your little clothes deal only app;lies with your style. if your gonna make a post like this, expand it so that it fits in with ppl that like different genres of clothing, not just the "preppy style"...

or make it clear that this is more of a preppy clothing post

------------------
~rEpResEnt ThaT~

KnightErrant

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Don_juan:
Imagine the following scenario: A beautiful woman at a club nudges her friend and says, "See that guy over there, the one dressed nothing like anyone in here? I bet he's cool, I'm gonna go talk to him!!"

Never happens either. Basically, the only way this saying happens is see that hot guy over there. So it all boils down to, if you're ugly... STAY HOME. No amount of clothes will help you....
I just have to reply to this. Bull****.
My mate is ugly as sin, Balding, goatee, and extremely overweight. 2 months ago we rock up to a formal suit & tie evening, one problem, he though it was fancy dress/formal...it wasn't. So he's wearin' a neon yellow spandex 1 piece dr spock suit

We walk in, and it;s a sea of black suit & ties.

He's like a' fvck it doesn't bother me,I'm gonna have fun anyway.

Later on we're dancing away, and honestly he had to beat them off with a stick, 8,9's were flocking round him I kid you not.
Some of them actually gave out their business cards to him it was unreal.
He ended up getting his picture taken surrounded by some of the hottest women there.

So it proves Varnon's point. His clothing was out there and he had balls and an atitude and the woman flocked to him.

P.s

White socks look gay in IMHO black only.
unless your wearing trainers.

Boxer brief's way more sexy than brief's or boxers or so my girls tell me
Far more comfortable too.

[This message has been edited by KnightErrant (edited 08-31-2002).]

MongolianPride9

Don Juan
Reaction score
You know what? I'll just wear my goddam birthday suit. Screw it. I'm tired of hearing whether white socks go with green hair and crap. Shut up.The birthday suit- It's ballsy, not too expensive, sexy, and shows you have the attitude of a true man (neanderthal as it may)So step aside and watch the latest trend in attractive apparel gentlemen walk right past you.

The Soulman

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by toot86:
You guys got me all wrong... First i ment to say Boxer Briefs.. NOt TIGHTY WHITIES!!!

Second White socks with no logos is what i ment to say.. And unless your going to get married dont get black socks..

I said Leather Jacket because suits are too boring .. Girls like a bad boy look..
Ehhhh, you're the Fonze ain't ya!

lil devun

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
no offence man but that was some weak sh!t. you gotta go more in depth than that