Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How to dress to Impress 101

toot86

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
To dress good is a art its a skill its somethimng most DJS dont get really fast i will show you how to find out all the ins and outs. Of dressing good..

First Brand Names

Tommy Hilfiger
Nautica
Polo
A&F
Structure
Banna Republic
GAP

And you may say you dont need brand name stuff but really you do.. It last longer it feels better looks better . And if you pay more money you will get a better product..

So spend the extra dough it will be a good investment

First THERE is 3 types of shirts to discuss

T shirts and there is Polos and Shirts

T-Shirts are for casual events park store etc..

Polos are for more formal events coffee shops resturants..

Button Shirts are for the real formal events fancy dates etc

Now we will discuss pants

Jeans are good with T-shirts
Pants are good with button Shirts

But remember the color of jeans you must have these 4 Blue jeans, Light Blue jeans, Black Jeans, Demin color jeans

Its a MUST!

Pants you only need one pair of pants "kakis" With a kaki color only buy egg shell color pants dont BUY green pants its a no no

A good DJ must also have a good Leather Jacket

Good underwear Briefs are good dont get Boxers they just dont make the girls turned on

WHITE SOCKS ONLY.. no brand name dont get hanes just get plain white socks.

Djs Must HAVEs..Plain white shirt, Black shirt, Long SLeeved White shirt, Grey shirt, The 4 Jeans listed above, 1 kaki colred pants, Leather Jacket. Italian Belt, 2 Button shirts , 5 T-shirts ,5 Polo Shirts

I will have some other advanced stuff coming up ..

Ashlee Angel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Never wear black shoes with white socks that's a no, no unless your Michael Jackson. But you other comments were on point.

------------------
The more girls you ask out the more chances of you getting a yes.

leoncour

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I can't wear my hanes socks? And I have to wear briefs?? Sheesh I have enough things to worry about already without fretting over if someone will criticise my socks and boxers!

But that was good advice, and I think I will use it next time I go clothes shopping. I am a bit low on cash right now so shopping at the first brand name stores might not be a good idea right now.

CyranoDeBergerac

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Okay, so I'm just curious where that whole "style" thing comes into this. Yes, its important to look your best, but unless you go for the preppy/rapper-gone-platinum look, perhaps it would be worth you while not to live by brands alone. I could go on a diatribe about the contents and effects of personal style, but I'd rather not. Essentially all that needs to be said is, don't be afraid to spend money, take some time to consider your own personal style, take care of yourself AND your clothes, consult an advisor if you need help (women friends and gay men are excellent in this capacity), and most important of all wear what's comfortable because ain't that just the point anyway? My 2c

-CyranoDeBergerac

Pecker

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm sorry, I just don't buy into that "name brands are better" crap. If you think that the more money you spend, the better quality the product, then you have been very thoroughly brainwashed.

For example. Levi's Jeans or Diesel jeans? Diesel's are overpriced because they want you to think they are overpriced for a reason, when in fact they use lower quality cotton to increase their profit margin.

I once read about a study that was done. 50 people were asked to try on two black t-shirts. One said "DKNY" on it, the other was plain. 48 of the people chose the DKNY shirt, because they said it "just felt better"

When in fact they were the same exact shirt, one with the logo stitched onto it.

When it comes to clothes, I quote Don Cheadle in Boogie Nights when I say "wear what you dig." I think women appreciate a certain eccentricity in one's style. Anything that lets them know you go out of your way to look good.....whatever style that may be is your choice.

Not everyone has to be a Hilfiger posterboy.

Squy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by toot86:

WHITE SOCKS ONLY.. no brand name dont get hanes just get plain white socks.
WTF are you sure of this?
I've been told by some other DJs to never wear white socks unless you're in a Gym. Always wear black socks otherwise...
Now this is a real conflicting issue here. Someone must clear up.

studmuffin15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
does it REALLY matter what kind of socks u wear as long as they match and u dont wear them all the way up to your knees like a grandpa?? please.

when it gets to the point where we have to analyze whether we can wear white socks or not, or whether there can be any logos or designs on them, i think we are beginning to get a little too caught up in our appearance..hence, GAY.

turn off the cpu, pick up a book, or go for a walk. let's focus our attention on IMPORTANT things in life, not whether or not we look "cool" in a certain type of sock.

as long as it matches ur clothes u look good! leave it at that.

david_med@hotmail.com

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by studmuffin15:
does it REALLY matter what kind of socks u wear as long as they match and u dont wear them all the way up to your knees like a grandpa?? please.

i actually have this superstition that i've recently acquired..... i like to wear the most phucked up socks i have. not only that, but i like to have them be totally mismatched... haha, im not even kidding with you guys. i find that it serves two fold for me....

1) it keeps me humble and away from the over confident mentality.

2) its also friggin hilarious for me. every time i think of how nice im dressed outside and how crappy my socks are, i just totally bust out laughing.

whats scary is that i have a really high success rate in terms of picking up girls whenever i wear crappy socks. i kid you not, this is the total truth.

sometimes, if im feeling especially crazy, i like to also wear my most beat up underwear that is basically breathing its last breath....rather, able to take another couple mean farts before it falls apart.

the messed up underwear might be a little too much, but i find that i never go wrong wearing messed up socks! its the damn truth. plus, its almost impossible for peopel to see if youre wearing socks and slacks at a club.

the only way someone will see is if you take a girl home and have to undress.....where it wont matter anyways, because youll ultimately get laid.

haha,
dave

TinyDancer1

Don Juan
Reaction score
EWW! I get turned on by boxers more than briefs. Briefs make me think of old men or toddlers! ick! boxers are definitely better!

Sting

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
More important than what you wear is the body on which you wear the clothes. A fat guy in Armani is still *fat* no matter how expensive his suit.

I know plenty of guys who go to the gym and wear t-shirts and jeans. They do *far* better with chicks in practically every environment than guys who try to "dress to impress."

If you've got the body, good for you. The next thing you should look for is quality. It doesn't matter if you bought your dress shirts at Marshall's or at Macy's -- often it's the same shirt (just for twice the price at the latter).

Personally, I'm not afraid to go into a Today's Man to buy a suit. In fact, I just bought two suits last week, with alterations, tax, etc...for $400. They look far better than anything I saw at the department stores or specialty suit shops. Go figure...

Ever heard of the book "The Millionaire Next Door"? If not, check it out. Most millionaires don't go for the popular brands. They're focused on quality for the dollar. Branded products and off-brand products are often made at the same factories in China, Taiwan, Malaysia, Mexico, etc... If it's the same quality, why pay more for the brand?

------------------
It could happen to you, just like it happened to me, there is simply no immunity, there's no guarantee...

studmuffin15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
dave:

LOL...u write some f*cked up shyt on these boards! gotta love it!

Varnon

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have procasrinated from replying to similar threads but now I just must do it.

You are all wrong.

Think about this, women like mystery right?
They like unpredicatable right?

Well sure you may look good dressed like you guys are talking about but guess what? Its nothing special.

Two words
Thrift Store
Yeah.

He wears converse shoes with dinosuar strings.
He wears pants, jeans whatever.
He wears a spiked belt, sometimes he wears another no spiked belt in addition.
His boxers always show just a little.
He wears T-shirts of any kind. He often wears a light color T-shirt under a nuetral color over shirt.
Sometimes he wears a tie or bow tie.
He spikes his hair. He wears goofy class that he doesnt need.
He used to wear luck charms watches, then everybody else started to.
He wears braclets made out of random peices of cloth. They basicaly look like he has tied a bandana aroun his wrist.
His dress intrugues all the women. They want to ask him, and often do, why he is wearing this or that.
He is my best friend. His name is Josh.

Yeah has alot of women after him, and he is an afc. The way he dresses does alot of that.
Its not predictable, its not normal, its not anything. But it grabs your attention. Guarenteed every person that sees him has a question to ask.

Dressing nice is not the way of the true DJ.
Dressing nice is predictable, normal and BORING!

Do women like predictable, normal or boring?
Nope.

Barbillus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't forget JCREW.

And brand names for clothes is just like the different divisions within a car company.....

each division in a car company is of a different price range and status. This is despite the fact that some models of cars are exactly the same, just have a different brand name (GMC or Chevrolet for example) stitched on them.

ccj

Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree totally with you Varnon on the whole bit about a lot of women not liking predictable and boring.

I'm not saying that I like the thrift store look particularly either, but if a guy wears clothes that have no individuality (i.e. straight out of a catalogue) then what are the chances of them being good at other types of creative expression?

My father is a classic example of a DJ who dresses ultra sharp, but always with a twist. He always buys weird-ass acessories but people LOVE them, and always ask him about them.

The classic example is a D&G tie that is completely straight looking - it is stitched together ribbon in navy and white with Dolce & Gabana all over it so from a distance it looks like your normal boring tie. But in the wind, or if he dares to flick it over his shoulder, is a half-naked girl wearing bloomers and carrying a whip!! It's brilliant!

anti-trend

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Varnon:
I have procasrinated from replying to similar threads but now I just must do it.

You are all wrong.

Think about this, women like mystery right?
They like unpredicatable right?

Well sure you may look good dressed like you guys are talking about but guess what? Its nothing special.

Two words
Thrift Store
Yeah.

He wears converse shoes with dinosuar strings.
He wears pants, jeans whatever.
He wears a spiked belt, sometimes he wears another no spiked belt in addition.
His boxers always show just a little.
He wears T-shirts of any kind. He often wears a light color T-shirt under a nuetral color over shirt.
Sometimes he wears a tie or bow tie.
He spikes his hair. He wears goofy class that he doesnt need.
He used to wear luck charms watches, then everybody else started to.
He wears braclets made out of random peices of cloth. They basicaly look like he has tied a bandana aroun his wrist.
His dress intrugues all the women. They want to ask him, and often do, why he is wearing this or that.
He is my best friend. His name is Josh.

Yeah has alot of women after him, and he is an afc. The way he dresses does alot of that.
Its not predictable, its not normal, its not anything. But it grabs your attention. Guarenteed every person that sees him has a question to ask.

Dressing nice is not the way of the true DJ.
Dressing nice is predictable, normal and BORING!

Do women like predictable, normal or boring?
Nope.
thats where i get my clothes. and people really seem to like it. then when they find out where i get them from. its gets a big shock. and it makes for more original clothes.

Cinical Optimist

Don Juan
Reaction score
Good underwear Briefs are good dont get Boxers they just dont make the girls turned on

Are you kidding me?? Every woman I know loves a man in boxers... also a lot of women have told me that boxer briefs are very sexy too. Never wear "tighty whities" on a date boys... they just aren't sexy at all. Who ever gave you this information is not a good source bro. I haven't worn briefs since I was in grade school... I'm a boxers kind of guy. I do have a couple of pairs of boxer briefs... but I'm most comfortable in boxers. I like to freedom my boys have in boxers...

Also... white sox are only good with jeans and sneakers... wear them with anything else and it just doesn't look right. I like runners socks personally... they only go up to the ankle and compliment the calf muscle's really well in shorts. If you wear knee length socks... don't wear them up to your knee's with shorts... that look went out in the 80's...

You have some good advice in your post bro... but some of it isn't correct. Just my $.02 boys... wear what ya want... it doesn't really matter to me.

------------------
Cinical Optimist

Nicholas Hill

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Regarding socks:

You should wear something that goes in between the colour of the bottom of your trousers / pants (you call them pants, right, in the US? They refer to underwear here in the UK!) and the colour of whatever you are wearing on your feet.

- Nick

On-top

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by david_med@hotmail.com:
its not the clothes that make the man, its the man that makes the clothes.
Well said.

Reaction score
hehe.. like 90% percent of all the kids wear tommy... I personnally hate huge logos nobody remarks them anymore.. A less uglier tshirt with a nice design is better
you need to be above that.. be more styllish than the common plp.. But appear not to flossy cuz you know plp might try to steal from you.
And YOU NEED A SUIT .. not a leather jacket.. and many buttonned tshirts

I do agree with having an all white buttonned tshirt or a simple white tshirt... hehe just like the backstreet boyz..