Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How to do cardio and actually burn fat

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is real cardio training done by professionals and those who are in the know.
Actually this is not true. Again, you’re full of **** Epic Days. I know you blocked me lol but I’m saying thing so that others can see through your garbage.

Marathon training is for PROFESSIONALS is not this at all. They hover at around 90% of their max heart rate in the marathons and in the training too. All endurance athletes will tell you. You yourself are not an endurance athlete. I used to be.

Pro endurance athletes are able to hold their heart rate at around 90% almost indefinitely, it’s just painful to do so. And when they get ready for a meet/competition? They can get closer to around 95-98% of their max heart rate. That’s why they’re always so extremely out of breath when they finish their race. It’s also why thee still out of breath 5, or even 10 minutes after their race is already finished. This is also why some research says that marathon training is detrimental to your health. You have no real sports or athletics training, most of what you did was done in the military, and let me tell you, my high school coaches made us do **** that Navy Seals don’t even do. I remember watching a documentary on the physical training those guys did, and I remember thinking “huh, we do that stuff all the time during practice, that’s just a standard day...” and the narrator was saying how what we the viewers were watching was a harder-than-usual day lol.
Remember, exercising (running) at your cardio threshold actually burns fat for fuel. That’s how you body was designed. If you go over your threshold you start cutting into glucose and start cutting out burning fat.
Your body always uses glucose. It’s just that eventually it’ll need to use carbs MORE since they’re broken down more quickly. Training harder WILL make your heart adapt faster and get better at cardio FASTER than training lighter. This is fact. Our body responds to stronger stimuli with a greater adaptation than a weaker/lighter one. This is fact. Your heart is the main thing in your cardiovascular system. It can use glucose, fatty acids, triglycerides, pyruvate, amino acids, and lactic acid for fuel when it needs to. It only does so once you get to a higher heart rate, but it still DOES use all of these at the same time. Your skeletal muscles isolate the fuel source more, not your heart. But even then, they can still mutiple sources at a time.

Rictor1

Don Juan
Reaction score
Your body always uses glucose.
Actually this reminds me of a conversation I had with a patient back when I was doing clinical rotations. Agree with most of what you said except for what I put in quotes. The body PREFERS glucose as a fuel source, but not when you are in ketosis (e.g. on a ketogenic diet). You then shift from burning carbs and glucose for energy and burn fat as the primary fuel source.

Epic Days

Banned
Reaction score
Actually this reminds me of a conversation I had with a patient back when I was doing clinical rotations. Agree with most of what you said except for what I put in quotes. The body PREFERS glucose as a fuel source, but not when you are in ketosis (e.g. on a ketogenic diet). You then shift from burning carbs and glucose for energy and burn fat as the primary fuel source.
Rocket fuel.

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah but the brain still needs at the bare minimum ~10 g glucose a day. If there’s none to be had, then it’ll convert triglycerides into it, and once that runs it, it’ll start using amino acids. Overall, mitochondria do prefer burning ketone bodies instead of glucose, but glucose metabolism is just much faster and can give you more of a burst (logistics of fusing & separating and all of that).

Epic Days

Banned
Reaction score
The body PREFERS glucose as a fuel source, but not when you are in ketosis (e.g. on a ketogenic diet). You then shift from burning carbs and glucose for energy and burn fat as the primary fuel source.
This is true for a sugar burner. One who has used carbs for fuel most of their life. It works but is inefficient in that you can only store about 400-500 grams of it.

To run on fat, one would need to change his gene expression. Genes are not set in stone. We can run on most anything we put in our mouths. But not optimally. Once one is using fat for their primary fuel it begins to make more sense.

Clean carbs can be used strategically at that point. For instance, building muscle. It takes very little. The mild insulin response will shuttle clean protein to the muscles.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is true for a sugar burner. One who has used carbs for fuel most of their life. It works but is inefficient in that you can only store about 400-500 grams of it.

To run on fat, one would need to change his gene expression. Genes are not set in stone. We can run on most anything we put in our mouths. But not optimally. Once one is using fat for their primary fuel it begins to make more sense.

Clean carbs can be used strategically at that point. For instance, building muscle. It takes very little. The mild insulin response will shuttle clean protein to the muscles.
Carbs do burn more powerfully. There was a chart somewhere but i experienced it IRL because i checked keto out many years ago. Low to no carb (keto)is useful for the most rapid fat loss. Once youve gotten to the bf% you desire to hold balance physical activity and a low to moderate carb intake so you dont gain weight. Youll notice more explosive power on good carbs. Its good to fast a day or so every so often too.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is too much bro science. Lift heavy, cut the processed BS, then reduce carbs during cuts. Increase during bulks. Works for me. I can go up to 172 lbs and down to 162 lbs at will.

7onriverI f

Banned
Reaction score
all bs. cut your calories up exercise until your losing weight. carbs fat protein it doesnt matter what you eat to lose weight.

cheyne

Banned
Reaction score
all bs. cut your calories up exercise until your losing weight. carbs fat protein it doesnt matter what you eat to lose weight.
I never know what to think lol. I'm kind of skinny-fat, I think.

The 'experts' on reddit fitness subs seem to tell me that I need to further reduce my calories if I still have too much fat, although I only average about 1500 calories per day. So i'd need to eat less calories. But then people tell me that a male should never eat below 1500.

Other experts tell me i'm in 'starvation mode' (something reddit says doesn't exist) and I actually need to eat more and lift more and that will increase my muscles whilst also helping my strip fat.

I don't know. My instincts tell me that I actually need to start injecting, tbh! (And I would have started a cycle by now for sure, except i'm worried about hairloss and bloating and a few other sides. My friend started injecting recently and he was skinny fat, and his results have been crazy, but i'm sure it's making him go bald fast and despite being pretty ripped now, his face seems fatter! Last thing I need as someone with ****ty facial bones! i'd look like a blob lol)

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I never know what to think lol. I'm kind of skinny-fat, I think.

The 'experts' on reddit fitness subs seem to tell me that I need to further reduce my calories if I still have too much fat, although I only average about 1500 calories per day. So i'd need to eat less calories. But then people tell me that a male should never eat below 1500.

Other experts tell me i'm in 'starvation mode' (something reddit says doesn't exist) and I actually need to eat more and lift more and that will increase my muscles whilst also helping my strip fat.

I don't know. My instincts tell me that I actually need to start injecting, tbh! (And I would have started a cycle by now for sure, except i'm worried about hairloss and bloating and a few other sides. My friend started injecting recently and he was skinny fat, and his results have been crazy, but i'm sure it's making him go bald fast and despite being pretty ripped now, his face seems fatter! Last thing I need as someone with ****ty facial bones! i'd look like a blob lol)
Don’t inject. Get in the gym and lift some heavy ass shvt.

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
First off, the word “cardio” is used to express most any activity that raises your heartbeat and respiration. This is a misnomer. Especially when you get above your cardio threshold.

All sprints and interval training is technically not cardio. These are mostly anaerobic exercise. A completely different subject than cardio conditioning. These training techniques are fat burning/muscle building and power building training exercises.

None of this is mine. It is espoused by high end professional and modern schooled Olympic trainers. Fully documented science. You will not find it in Guru videos or money making scams. You will find it only within the ranks of professionals and trainers who have written very extensive books and articles on training athletes.
You can't put train a ****ty diet. Diets are made in the kitchen not the gym. Check channels like Jeff Cavalier AleanX. Awesome stuff.

There's no perfect workout. It's dependent on you, your body type, and how it responds to your training. Test results and learn. Know thyself. I don't know you nor your eating habits. I will share my thoughts and experiences. Hopefully, it will be a great help.

I do intermittent fasting. 16hr fast. 8hr window. The window of 8hrs isn't a free for all of donuts and pastries. It is clean diet. I choose lean meats like turkey and chicken. I have lots of healthy fats like avocado. Lots of leafy greens. The fasting has promoted my sleep and engages fatigue (for me anyway). Give it a try. Even start a smaller fast diet. The fast is mental toughness on STERIODS. The 24hr fast is the toughest. A bud does 72hr fast. Automatic ketosis.

As for cardio, I take a variety of approaches and I mix it up. Atm, I currently do HITT (high intensity interval training). I do hills, wind sprints suicides, etc in summer. I do several miles in the spring. I want to run trails but I'm not thrilled by the potential of a injury. I enjoy hiking. I also mix in skipping. Think boxing style. 5rds. I've gone at long durations and high intensity. I also have a mobility and stretch routine.

Op, I mentioned Why I sleep by Mathew Walker. Weight loss is near impossible with **** sleep. ****ty sleep promotes hunger.

What are you doing? What's your goal?

sosumba

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah but the brain still needs at the bare minimum ~10 g glucose a day. If there’s none to be had, then it’ll convert triglycerides into it, and once that runs it, it’ll start using amino acids. Overall, mitochondria do prefer burning ketone bodies instead of glucose, but glucose metabolism is just much faster and can give you more of a burst (logistics of fusing & separating and all of that).
So what does that mean in practice? So if there is no glucose (so a type of carbs?) for the body to run on it will use fat and then protein? But will it use the fat in the liver first and then muslce protein or will it it use the "bodyfat" and then protein in the food which you ate previously? Not quite sure in what order the body burns it.

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So what does that mean in practice? So if there is no glucose (so a type of carbs?) for the body to run on it will use fat and then protein? But will it use the fat in the liver first and then muslce protein or will it it use the "bodyfat" and then protein in the food which you ate previously? Not quite sure in what order the body burns it.
It’s burns carbs first (glucose), then fat (fatty acids and triglycerides), and then protein (once the body runs out of specifically triglycerides). While it’s burning protein, it’ll still burn fat (fatty acids) for regular bodily tissue. It’s just that your body can’t convert fatty acids into glucose like it can triglycerides and amino acids (protein) which is why you can still die fat from starvation—because your body burnt too much protein before finishing off that rest of the fat stores (either because you had so little protein mass or so much fat).