How to deal with vague "busy" responses

SoSerene

Don Juan
Reaction score
So I was chatting with this girl at the drive-thru the other day, asked her out, she said "Sure" instantly. When I asked for her number she briefly added "I have a boyfriend, but ya..." and gave me her number. Texted her later, super fast responses and seemingly high interest level. Said we'll make plans during the week she said "Sounds good :)" etc.

Then today I text her, she's responding quickly again and I ask what her schedule is and she says she's really busy with school/work. Zzzzzzzzz...I don't doubt that she is busy, unless she's in med school or something, the generic "I'm busy but I'll let you know!" excuse is a farse and we all know it. Why the sudden flakiness?

Just to add, this girl isn't that hot or anything, pretty mediocre to be honest so it's not like she has tons of guys hitting her up in my opinion. I want to try to hook up with her on the side (unlikely) or at least very least become friends for networking purposes she can set me up with her female friends if she thinks I'm a cool guy. Figured it would be a good opportunity to practice my dating skills even if nothing comes of it.

Do I just let this one die or should I pursue any further? I feel like the dating game is like pulling teeth....very frustrating.

trent_afc

Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't ask next time. Just set a date/time/place and tell her to meet you then. If she declines with no counter offer, try again in a week. If the same thing happens, then next her

SoSerene

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah good idea. I was considering just being more assertive and picking a date/time like you suggested so that's totally in line with my thinking. Thanks.

Does this stem from the line of thinking that some chicks are flaky/need to be hand held sometimes instead of offering a vague time frame?

SoSerene

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks! I just tried this method with another recycled lead just now who didn't return my voicemail and was being kinda vague about meeting up. I set a time/place and she said she is working, but did make a counter offer. So ya, I'm gonna use this as my new standard if a girl doesn't give a definitive day she's free.