"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

How to deal with Phone Phobia

SDBmania

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Nov 29, 2003
Messages
296
Reaction score
0
Age
45
I have been dealing with working on eliminating my "Phone Phobia." It seems like I have trouble sometimes calling people on the phone. At least, I have alwaysed seem to have that problem. As an expireanced "Fear Fighter," I can say that there are 2 main proceedures for defeating fear and anxiety:

A) Mental rationality- Some times the easiest way to eliminate fear is by simply asking some logical questions. Often times your fears are illogical, such as: If you are afraid of water or women. You can then pick apart these fears by asking rational questions. Like: Is this normal? What is the worse case scenario? Role play can help as well. Often all it takes is rational thought to make you realise your fear is baseless and illogical.

B) Jumping in the pool- Have you ever gone to the pool and the water was so cold, so you just dipped your toe in? You don't want to get in, because the water is too cold, so you just take your time and get used to the water. Well, that's all well and good, but I was doing that when it came to dating and it really wasn't working for me. Sometimes, you just got to jump in. If you do, then you'll get used to the cold water pretty quick! This is true with fear, as well. Sometimes, a fear seems so strong that you can not fix it with rational thinking. So, you have to force your self. Find a way to push yourself to do what it is you are so afraid of.

I used to be very insecure about talking on the phone. Now, I'm getting much better. I was able to give myself reasons that I had to call someone and there was no way around it. This last semester, I was directing a scene for my Directing class. I had to call my actors often to talk, so that was a great oppourtuneity to face my fear. Once you get used to talking to people on the phone, you can then move up to talking to women you want to date. One thing that worked for me was telling myself that I could do it. That I was not afraid, that I had the courage. Sometimes, our internal dialouge keeps us down. I know that when ever I wanted to call a girl, I'd always felt unworthy among other things. Turn all those negitive thoughts to positive thoughts. It just could do the trick! Also, I called her first thing in the morning, before I had much time to over think it.
 

“The 22 Psychological Triggers That Make Women Chase You… Starting Tonight”

Forget the cash, the cars, and the chiseled jawlines. Female desire operates on a completely different frequency. Primal. Subconscious. Triggers that bypass her logic and hit her on a gut level. Most guys are totally blind to them.

I know because I was one of them. The overthinking. The paralysis. The silent drive home kicking yourself for freezing up. Watching average guys walk away with the girl while you stood there stuck in your own head.

Then I decoded the psychology behind what actually makes women tick. 22 hard rules.  Subtle behavioral shifts that rewired my entire reality. The anxiety evaporated. Women started leaning in. Investing. Chasing.

Read more...

johnny_chase

Don Juan
Joined
May 6, 2004
Messages
139
Reaction score
0
Age
42
Location
CANADA, EH?
i use to think of the phone as an appliance, and as such used it as one;only when absolutely necessary, so my conversations were often pretty utilitarian. In person, i'm a pretty animated person, but one of my buddies, after asking me a thousand times if i was mad at him while talking to him on the phone, finally told me that phone conversations arent my best quality.

So, i set out to change that. First of all, i wanted to see how i sounded over the phone, so what i did was i just got a newspaper and a mic for my comp and recorded myself talking, and let me tell you, it freaked me out. So first i fixed that.

As for the fear about dialing those digits, just do it. That's the only way i can put it. One tip though, do it when you feel like it. If you sit there and keep telling yourself that you have to phone her now, you wont, and if you do it'll suck.

Phone her when you are good and ready, and when YOU feel like it, always works for me. Three day? F!ck that, sometimes i phone the next day, or 5 days later. Whenever you feel like it, and just let it flow

peace
 

WaterTiger

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 3, 2003
Messages
1,717
Reaction score
35
Location
Wine Country, Ca
Originally posted by Don Ronny
two words that will eliminate this fear...

crank calls
HA! Classic!:cool:
 

SDBmania

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Nov 29, 2003
Messages
296
Reaction score
0
Age
45
Good idea Jonny, and thanks for adding some good advice. Hopefully, we can help those who need help.

Crank calls? Hehe, not the best way i'd say!
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

noseguard20

Banned
Joined
Apr 24, 2004
Messages
35
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by johnny_chase
i use to think of the phone as an appliance, and as such used it as one;only when absolutely necessary, so my conversations were often pretty utilitarian. In person, i'm a pretty animated person, but one of my buddies, after asking me a thousand times if i was mad at him while talking to him on the phone, finally told me that phone conversations arent my best quality.

So, i set out to change that. First of all, i wanted to see how i sounded over the phone, so what i did was i just got a newspaper and a mic for my comp and recorded myself talking, and let me tell you, it freaked me out. So first i fixed that.

As for the fear about dialing those digits, just do it. That's the only way i can put it. One tip though, do it when you feel like it. If you sit there and keep telling yourself that you have to phone her now, you wont, and if you do it'll suck.

Phone her when you are good and ready, and when YOU feel like it, always works for me. Three day? F!ck that, sometimes i phone the next day, or 5 days later. Whenever you feel like it, and just let it flow

peace
Thats what I'm talking about. Set your own rules.
 

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 9, 2002
Messages
4,137
Reaction score
895
Age
52
I still get nervous the first time I call a new girl...

The best advice I have is
1) Run or lift right up to the time of your call

2) Have a few drinks (ONLY A FEW)
 
Top