Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How to deal with insults... and a couple other snippets of advice

slap31

Reaction score
This may not apply to every situation, It applies mainly to playful insults. If some guy is being an ass to you in a bar and looks ready to beat the **** outta you I wouldn't advise using this.

I'm still in high school, I grad in a month, but my school could be the **** talk capital of Canada. Anyways, It took awhile to get used to the playful abuse but it really doesnt't bother me anymore. Recently a bunch of us were forced to be on a boat for 3 days, 10 guys and 2 chicks. Now the chicks were really nothing special but 10 bored guys on a boat? sounds like the start of a bad joke. Anyways there was one guy on the boat who i never payed too much attention to, but after seeing how the chicks were reacting to him I realized he knew what was up. This guy has his sh*t down. Classic C+F. Anyways, hes definitely NOT insecure and he dishes out most of the **** talk. I think his reaction to insults is the best way to go. Anytime somebody gives this guy lip he just lifts his chin up and laughs, with this look on his face that says "that was one of the saddest excuses for an insult I've ever heard" and then drops a one-liner like "listen to this kid" or just gives the person a light push and says "shut up" mid-laugh. It works. Nothing works better to brush it off than laughing.

I live in the middle of nowhere and I found a guy who gets it If anybody tries hard enough they can find another guy who gets it. Reading is one thing but watching puts things into a much better perspective.

Theres the practical part, now for the rant: I have heard many many guys on this forum who tell themselves all sorts of things about the maturity level of people who insult others and how "those people must be insecure." most people do it because it can be funny as hell. a case in point: Triumph the comedy dog. Besides what are you worrying about other guys for? Do they matter at all? I think most of the guys who complain about how their friends make fun of them and talk about dealing with it through "smurfing" spend way too much time analyzing things. C+F is the way to go all the way. Guys who worry about their friends making them look bad need to spend less time worrying and more time working on meeting women. Oh... and well they are at it they can fork out the $40 or whatever it is and download David DeAngelo's book: Double Your Dating. Everybody respects a guy who can work with women, even if he's the biggest sleazeball on the planet.

Take Care
Bryce

Tai

Don Juan
Reaction score
Um not really, sometimes we dont care about the guy that dish the insult but the insult itself that made us question our image and who we are.

Robo-Kai

Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree. Anyone who insults me I brush it off laughing and then we (my mates & I) laugh altogether.

A response I like use when I get insulted/etc with:

"You're a w@nker"

"Yeh, and your point is?"/"And you're not?"

---

either laugh off, smile and shrug, etc. DON'T insult back, makes things worse for yourself (in my opinion). I use "And your point is ...?" most often, and they seem to either walk off, can't think of anything else to say back, or just blurt another insult out and walk off. Good stuff ...

;)

Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There was another thread about this recently, so look it up.
InlawsHateMe gave a great comeback in that thread:
"You, 'name here', are a clown. Now where are you hiding those big red shoes?"

You call him out for what he's doing... BEING A CLOWN! Simple and to the point. I like it.