Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How to deal with insecure guys who try to AMOG or insult/over compensate

zinc4

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Am still in Panama where i bought some property. Was out downstairs to get some local food today in a buffet style line and this guy comes behind me dancing with his head phones on flashy. A little short middle aged Hispanic looking guy. I don't drink often here but did last night and hungover pounding headache. So was extra annoyed....just wanted to get my food in peace. Pretty disrespectful i thought the way he was doing it. In an over the top manner to make the girl serving food laugh while try so hard to disrespect me as well because was right behind me facing me.

I think to myself, okay let the idiot have his fun i think not worth stressing over. So i progress further in the line he starts talking to me says he is from texas works for blah blah. I immediately just want to say shut the **** up i dont kniw you and already dont like you. So im wearing a black tank top and i am pretty tanned i guess. Am always out in the sun.

He asks me where im from i say Atlanta....then this little prick says oh, i saw your sun tan and thought you were a hick from Florida. He said it really fast too so i kind of was questioning myself if i heard him correctly, shocked that a total stranger would go out of his way to insult me in such a manner in a food line of all places. But i know i heard it.

So i said no im just a ****ING hick from Atlanta visibly pissed off glaring at him. He says yes Atlanta. It was the sun tan that threw me off. Then he tried to act friendly and translate what the cashier was saying and told me bye trying to fist bump me which i declined by acting like i didn't see it. The whole interaction was odd.

Earlier his friend had come up...a short fat guy from new jersey covered in tatoos. They both give off an older guy middle life crisis trying to be young and cool vibe. Looked to be in low 40s both of them...the instigator was a good bit shorter then me and ugly asf..... messed up looking eye brows but very outgoing and confident acting. Overly so. Probably coked up as it's everywhere down here.

One of the clauses in my property contract which is fully paid off is that the contract only goes void if i am caught breaking a law in Panama or arrested for anything. So obviously fighting is out of the question for me here. The police are very strict here and everywhere in this area. I invested a **** tonne of money and would be devastated if i lost it somehow.

This is the second time i have had ****y gringos try to AMOG me here btw. There are some really weird Americans down here ive noticed who try so hard to act "alpha" ive noticed. It's kind of like a small Chihuahua barking like he is a big dog is how i view it. And they are usually fluent in Spanish so they use that big time to kind of indirectly demean you in front of the locals if you arent fluent which i am studying abd practice daily to improve.

Anyways, i have a short temper and i dont like talking to strangers in the first place especially when hungover. So my first instinct was to swing on this guy, but i quickly caught myself. He is not worth potentially losing my investment that i worked so hard for but i seriously wanted to just beat tf out of him right then and there. I am a very respectful person in general and expect the same from others. Am very nice and courtesy but can flip out fast once someone crosses my line so to speak....man or woman. A lot of people mistake kindness for weakness unfortunately and have to learn the hard way.

Anyways, just seeing how you guys would deal with it. I don't believe in **** talking or arguing when a stranger disrespects me...i prefer to just strike them out of nowhere and get them either knocked out on the ground where i can pound them into submission or walk away. I see it as an all or nothing situation. No one should go around insulting or disrespecting strangers on purpose. I have learned this lesson myself the hard way many times in my younger days.

Usually i walk away 9 out of 10 times though depending on the situation. Have been in way too many fights already. Am a bit salty though that i couldn't just hit the guy. He had such a punchable face.

Besides potentially getting arrested, locals in these places will see you as the bad guy if you hit first and jump in themselves. So....it's really not feasible at all in that public setting.

Last edited:

YourGreatestFear

Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't believe in **** talking or arguing when a stranger disrespects me...i prefer to just strike them out of nowhere and get them either knocked out on the ground where i can pound them into submission or walk away.
LMAO, you should be in prison, dude. Learn how to talk to people, how to respond to insults in a healthy way that makes you look like a mature adult not like an angry insecure criminal piece of ****. You have no right to hit anyone no matter what they say to you. You have the right to tell them **** off or say that you ****ed their mom, whatever. Those guys who "insult" you aren't insecure—you are.

metalwater

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
that's a very clear post. you're asking how to handle this situation in the best ways.

the hangover is part of the issue... don't go out with a crappy hangover. stay in, have delivery food until you feel better. the hangover vibe makes you a target.

kavi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If the guy is behind annoying you, you just turn around be polite and let him go ahead of you. You can just react to this with politeness and just attempt to be above his disrespect, just give him your spot to show you really dont give a **** and can even react to someone looking for a reaction with positivity. That normally throws off guys looking to start something and they dont know what to do.

Just give him your spot and let him go ahead he will feel like a fool.

Jack22

Don Juan
Reaction score
You said it yourself, most of these little dudes are angry little Chihuahuas. Whenever they start talking, just ignore. If they confront you, just say "Oh sorry, I didn't hear you from all the way down there." If he starts barking, just look at him in a confused face, shrug your shoulders and get on with your day. I've learned that life's too short to get angry over every little idiot that interrupts you. Instead of responding aggressively, try to change your perspective. Instead of thinking, "Man, this guys annoying, I want to punch him", think "man, this guys annoying, let me watch him embarrass himself."

The other day I politely asked this guy to move over at the supermarket so I can get to some bread. He goes on a tangent discussing his past military career as a truck driver. I just gave him short replies "that's cool, very nice, haha, definitely" then I say goodbye and walked away after I'm done. Honestly dude, even when a man is aggressive to you, don't respond aggressively. Men are supposed to be calm, cool, and collected. By responding with anger, he's got the exact reaction he wanted to get from you. Look into doing some meditation or yoga. The stoic attitude develops overtime, and you're going to need thick skin if you want to make it in the game. It's honestly amazing to me how stupid some people can be, outright insulting others for fun or to get a reaction. One day, they'll mess with the wrong guy and pay the price. Until then, let them say what they will, ignore and move on.

B80

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Am still in Panama where i bought some property. Was out downstairs to get some local food today in a buffet style line and this guy comes behind me dancing with his head phones on flashy. A little short middle aged Hispanic looking guy. I don't drink often here but did last night and hungover pounding headache. So was extra annoyed....just wanted to get my food in peace. Pretty disrespectful i thought the way he was doing it. In an over the top manner to make the girl serving food laugh while try so hard to disrespect me as well because was right behind me facing me.

I think to myself, okay let the idiot have his fun i think not worth stressing over. So i progress further in the line he starts talking to me says he is from texas works for blah blah. I immediately just want to say shut the **** up i dont kniw you and already dont like you. So im wearing a black tank top and i am pretty tanned i guess. Am always out in the sun.

He asks me where im from i say Atlanta....then this little prick says oh, i saw your sun tan and thought you were a hick from Florida. He said it really fast too so i kind of was questioning myself if i heard him correctly, shocked that a total stranger would go out of his way to insult me in such a manner in a food line of all places. But i know i heard it.

So i said no im just a ****ING hick from Atlanta visibly pissed off glaring at him. He says yes Atlanta. It was the sun tan that threw me off. Then he tried to act friendly and translate what the cashier was saying and told me bye trying to fist bump me which i declined by acting like i didn't see it. The whole interaction was odd.

Earlier his friend had come up...a short fat guy from new jersey covered in tatoos. They both give off an older guy middle life crisis trying to be young and cool vibe. Looked to be in low 40s both of them...the instigator was a good bit shorter then me and ugly asf..... messed up looking eye brows but very outgoing and confident acting. Overly so. Probably coked up as it's everywhere down here.

One of the clauses in my property contract which is fully paid off is that the contract only goes void if i am caught breaking a law in Panama or arrested for anything. So obviously fighting is out of the question for me here. The police are very strict here and everywhere in this area. I invested a **** tonne of money and would be devastated if i lost it somehow.

This is the second time i have had ****y gringos try to AMOG me here btw. There are some really weird Americans down here ive noticed who try so hard to act "alpha" ive noticed. It's kind of like a small Chihuahua barking like he is a big dog is how i view it. And they are usually fluent in Spanish so they use that big time to kind of indirectly demean you in front of the locals if you arent fluent which i am studying abd practice daily to improve.

Anyways, i have a short temper and i dont like talking to strangers in the first place especially when hungover. So my first instinct was to swing on this guy, but i quickly caught myself. He is not worth potentially losing my investment that i worked so hard for but i seriously wanted to just beat tf out of him right then and there. I am a very respectful person in general and expect the same from others. Am very nice and courtesy but can flip out fast once someone crosses my line so to speak....man or woman. A lot of people mistake kindness for weakness unfortunately and have to learn the hard way.

Anyways, just seeing how you guys would deal with it. I don't believe in **** talking or arguing when a stranger disrespects me...i prefer to just strike them out of nowhere and get them either knocked out on the ground where i can pound them into submission or walk away. I see it as an all or nothing situation. No one should go around insulting or disrespecting strangers on purpose. I have learned this lesson myself the hard way many times in my younger days.

Usually i walk away 9 out of 10 times though depending on the situation. Have been in way too many fights already. Am a bit salty though that i couldn't just hit the guy. He had such a punchable face.

Besides potentially getting arrested, locals in these places will see you as the bad guy if you hit first and jump in themselves. So....it's really not feasible at all in that public setting.
Odd people about. What sort of person does it make you (them) to act like that to someone you don't know/just met.

I encountered similar sad cases travelling around SE Asia who for some reason feel a need to impose themselves/rip into others unnecessarily.

1 time that sticks out was with a couple of thick northern (english) 50 year old idiots in a bar in Vietnam. Put it down to them being insecure/intimated by a couple of more attractive, younger men being around in a quiet bar where they no doubt usually felt like Kings being surrounded by bar girl/younger women.

I just laughed it off and then went somewhere else. Not worth things escalating and repurcussions in a 2nd/3rd world country over a couple of idiots you'll pikely never see again. Particularly as you seem to possess a low threshold/temper before resorting to violence lol.

Last edited:

Dr.Suave

Reaction score

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
He's JesterMaxxing; Obi-Wan, it's his only hope.

zinc4

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
LMAO, you should be in prison, dude. Learn how to talk to people, how to respond to insults in a healthy way that makes you look like a mature adult not like an angry insecure criminal piece of ****. You have no right to hit anyone no matter what they say to you. You have the right to tell them **** off or say that you ****ed their mom, whatever. Those guys who "insult" you aren't insecure—you are.

What kind of soft world to you come from? Talk it out? Hahaha.

If a complete stranger approaches you for no other reason than to disrespect and insult you then they deserve to get hit. Period. Got nothing to do with anger or insecurity. It is called respect and boundaries. I never mouth off to anyone period. I treat others with kindness and respect. Obviously, because of legal implications and public settings most times you are forced to just walk away.

Also, if it is the wrong guy....in this case two guys. Trying to "talk it out" will often just get you run up on first. You sound very young and naive. And the fact that you are insulting me because i contradict your little boyish ways of thinking, shows how beta you are at heart.

zinc4

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You'd strike a man after knocking him to the ground?
You still have some growing up to do.
Only if he is still fully functioning and grabbing me or something. You can get flipped over by a guy on the ground fast if he knows what he is doing. I would never strike an unconscious person or someone who has submitted. I am not out to hurt anyone ffs and i hate fighting in general.

zinc4

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Odd people about. What sort of person does it make you (them) to act like that to someone you don't know/just met.

I encountered similar sad cases travelling around SE Asia who for some reason feel a need to impose themselves/rip into others unnecessarily.

1 time that sticks out was with a couple of thick northern (english) 50 year old idiots in a bar in Vietnam. Put it down to them being insecure/intimated by a couple of more attractive, younger men being around in a quiet bar where they no doubt usually felt like Kings being surrounded by bar girl/younger women.

I just laughed it off and then went somewhere else. Not worth things escalating and repurcussions in a 2nd/3rd world country over a couple of idiots you'll pikely never see again. Particularly as you seem to possess a low threshold/temper before resorting to violence lol.

French men over in SE Asia are notorious for this. They love to talk **** when they find out you are american. A lot of european guys do then turn around and talk about how arrogant and rude americans are. It's a huge contradiction.

Last edited:

zinc4

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You said it yourself, most of these little dudes are angry little Chihuahuas. Whenever they start talking, just ignore. If they confront you, just say "Oh sorry, I didn't hear you from all the way down there." If he starts barking, just look at him in a confused face, shrug your shoulders and get on with your day. I've learned that life's too short to get angry over every little idiot that interrupts you. Instead of responding aggressively, try to change your perspective. Instead of thinking, "Man, this guys annoying, I want to punch him", think "man, this guys annoying, let me watch him embarrass himself."

The other day I politely asked this guy to move over at the supermarket so I can get to some bread. He goes on a tangent discussing his past military career as a truck driver. I just gave him short replies "that's cool, very nice, haha, definitely" then I say goodbye and walked away after I'm done. Honestly dude, even when a man is aggressive to you, don't respond aggressively. Men are supposed to be calm, cool, and collected. By responding with anger, he's got the exact reaction he wanted to get from you. Look into doing some meditation or yoga. The stoic attitude develops overtime, and you're going to need thick skin if you want to make it in the game. It's honestly amazing to me how stupid some people can be, outright insulting others for fun or to get a reaction. One day, they'll mess with the wrong guy and pay the price. Until then, let them say what they will, ignore and move on.

I think it's a height issue as well. It's always the shorter ones that tend to pull these stunts it seems. Not all ofcourse.They tend to always over compensate in general it seems.

And yeah...insulting the wrong person like that will get you into a lot of trouble eventually.

evan12

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

To make you feel better , the first guy didnt really insult you , third world people are just less sensitive, he was friendly and maybe trying to dominate you socially(that mean by his social skills not by muscles ) and here you are lucky in more aggressive environments men might try to challenge you physically to prove their dominance, and yes even infront of your lady .

zinc4

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
To make you feel better , the first guy didnt really insult you , third world people are just less sensitive, he was friendly and maybe trying to dominate you socially(that mean by his social skills not by muscles ) and here you are lucky in more aggressive environments men might try to challenge you physically to prove their dominance, and yes even infront of your lady .

He was from Texas if you read the OP. Panamanian guys won't do like that usually. Colombians will though.

zinc4

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Here in FL and the more pro gun states we have stand your ground for that.

I would never strike a defenseless person ffs. And to start trouble then shoot someone who reciprocates under the guise of your stand your ground would put you at risk for attempted murder homicide and rightfully so with the right attorney/ defense team.

I'm from Georgia btw, a very pro gun state.

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
I would never strike a defenseless person ffs. And to start trouble then shoot someone who reciprocates under the guise of your stand your ground would put you at risk for attempted murder homicide and rightfully so with the right attorney/ defense team.

I'm from Georgia btw, a very pro gun state.
If someone knocks me down and wails on me I'm pulling my pistol out.

• Haha
Reactions: B80