How to deal with bullies (help!)

insanity

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i also forgot. you said he's a football player, so i take it, he usually pulls the tough guy routine around his friends or when people are around?

this is the greatest thing i learned from a friend who used to be bullied beyond belief. he too was a boxer. one day he was walking to the store and the guy who constantly bullied him, was alone and he just kept walking down the street without saying a peep to my friend. so my friend took the opportunity to see how tough this guy really was and screamed out his name and ran up to him and challenged him to fight.
the bully backed down and made excuses that he was just joking around with him. without the bullies back-up, he wasn't so tough. they shook hands and that was it. the guy never said jack to him ever again.

i have tested this and it works. if he's with a woman, at all costs don't try this method. a guy fights 10 times better when in the presence of a woman.

zengeist

Reaction score
Why don't you talk smack back? He might leave you alone. If he doesn't and gets physical, punch him in the throat and start wailing on him. You might lose, but in the end he won't risk another neck shot.

Trapper

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
be a bad guy..

okay what u should do is simple...

since you are starting now, get some tough and confident friends simply not coward..build a good friendship with them..walk together with them and be confident always...when he tries make fun with you , fuk him right there.. dont hesitate to fight..whatever will happen , will happen..

never ever ignore him...its not gonna work believe me.. since he is not a girl. be a bad guy and act like that...college girls like bad guys... thrust me..

God_of_getting_layed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
level the playing field!

sure hes bigger, but there aint no such thing as a fair fight. make a shank (get a really fat heavy duty pencil or something, and sharpen it real good). If he says **** to you, wait for after class, walk past him CASUALLY in the hallway, and stab him reall good and real fast, and keep walking like nothing happened. you can whistle if you want too)

remember, level the playing field, lol.

ValleyDJing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ignore him at first. If he keeps bothering you pick up the nearest stick or bring a bat to school the next day and bust that motherf.ucker in the knee caps!:trouble:

arglebargle

Don Juan
Reaction score
You need to verbally defend yourself. At the point he physically threatens you, then you must fight him. Learn jujitsu and in 3-6 months you will be able to beat him, actually kill him so be very careful. But if you spend time learning this, you actually won't care about fighting the guy because you know how to fight.

Here is a choke that always works for me on guys with no jujitsu training. It's very easy to pull off and practice.

guillotine choke

The technique in the pictures is a little different than what I do. Instead of putting your left arm under his arm pit, just grab your right wrist instead. Don't use your arm strength to apply the choke, just position your arms/hands so it's tight then arch your back and throw your head back.

Caesar20

Don Juan
Reaction score
there is no point in fighting him, getting on the same level like him. + on top of all he can easily sue you as this apeears to be a national sport nowadays :crazy:
confront him verbally or if you don't have the self-esteem, ignore him for a while. put some distance in between if possible and work on yourself, don't overanalyze! (i've been bullied a lot and know about the second one because i havent done it, i've overanalyzed everything). eventually it led me to depression.

bossdog

Don Juan
Reaction score
switch classes, Ignore him or knock him out. You sound like you don't want to fight though.

the reason you can't ignore it is because you are worried too much about your image(what you want people to think of you). Deep down you think your a loser so when he calls you one you get mad cuz you don't want other people to know the truth. if he called you the coolest guy in the world you wouldnt get mad cuz that fits the image you project(which you don't think is the real you) and therefore wouldn't embarrass you. It has nothing to do with him. Don't take what he says personally.

When the bully says something(doesnt really matter what) in front of other people that contradicts your image(which is what embarrasement is) you get mad. Believe it or not all of this is going on in your head. Bully says something, you CHOOSE to let it affect you in a NEGATIVE way, because you care about being perfect and maintiaing your image. Your GIVING him that power. STOP projecting a fake image. Accept yourself for who you are. forgive yourself for all the mistakes you've made and move on to reach your goals.

winter_sucksx

Banned
Reaction score
SELF-MASTERY said:
Get smacked and not whip someone's ass??? FK that you have to have some kind of self-respect. All this schedule a fight at a different time shyt is silly. Aim for his nuts and throat. Bite his balls if you must, but never be someone's bitkh.
You type tough wordz,ooh please you would not do that in real life ;)

CruelIntentions

Reaction score
How to deal with this guy?

Obviously two approaches, verbally --> you could practice some insults at home or something and be prepared to fire back very quickly when he insults you. If your words hit him back harder he may either be prevented from insulting you again, or maybe he'll try to one up you, or possibly resort to physical aggression.

As far as physically --> at school I was a total ***** but never had any trouble cos I got along with most people and had alot of friends/ backup.
However since I've been at college, although I've had no trouble the odd night out on the town so chump trys to intimidate you.

I've been doing weights for 3 years or so, so am pretty solid and have good strength however I now know that it doesn't really matter in a fight. The 3 variables that matter are speed, power and tact. Speed and power can be developed thru weight training, practice (eg. boxing like u said u do) and stretching to develop flexibility. Tact is a natural trait, altho you can have planned moves in situations.

Personally I avoid fights or confrontation. Often there are too many unseen variables like who around them will help them, getting charged by police or their actual fighting ability. Around most guys I play the nice guy routine, and will be the one to back down. However that does not mean some chump can take me down, i train everyday at the gym practicing fighting moves.

My personal favourite in a situation where you can't really afford to back down is too keep calm and say something like, hey man I don't really wanna fight. You have to look sincere and calm, but not intimidated otherwise they will strike. A good technique is to put both hands out in front open like saying hey stop its cool. For a brief second they will consider whether to hit your or not, now most guys who arn't trained will only throw punches or try to tackle you etc. Its at this brief instance, when u can snap a very fast front kick into their groin, causing them to jerk forward. Depending on how curled over, you can either:

(i) grab their head and knee them
(ii) elbow them in the head
(iii) punch in the front.

If you do one of these follow thru with another, they should definately be on the ground after this. The suprise element is a definite finisher, but you should never go toe to toe with these guys in a one on one fight.

Always strike first under the guise of retreat.

Also note; that while this is highly successful, you could seriously hurt them, or they may opt for revenge and catch you out, either outnumbering you or suckerpunching you. But maybe they'll learn their lesson. Also its the guys who talk lots with all the bravado that are usually the least prepared (eg. jocks).

However on a side note, train train train. Preparation is the key either way, it will also develop your confidence and affect how you see the world thru your eyes. If you look more confident and focused he will be less likely to start **** with you anyhow.

Goodluck bro.

CruelIntentions

Reaction score
How to deal with this guy?

Obviously two approaches, verbally --> you could practice some insults at home or something and be prepared to fire back very quickly when he insults you. If your words hit him back harder he may either be prevented from insulting you again, or maybe he'll try to one up you, or possibly resort to physical aggression.

As far as physically --> at school I was a total pu$$y but never had any trouble cos I got along with most people and had alot of friends/ backup.
However since I've been at college, although I've had no troublein class, on the odd night out on the town some chump trys to intimidate you.

I've been doing weights for 3 years or so, so am pretty solid and have good strength however I now know that it doesn't really matter in a fight. The 3 variables that matter are speed, power and tact. Speed and power can be developed thru weight training, practice (eg. boxing like u said u do) and stretching to develop flexibility. Tact is a natural trait, altho you can have planned moves in situations.

Personally I avoid fights or confrontation. Often there are too many unseen variables like who around them will help them, getting charged by police or their actual fighting ability. Around most guys I play the nice guy routine, and will be the one to back down. However that does not mean some chump can take me down, i train everyday at the gym practicing fighting moves.

My personal favourite in a situation where you can't really afford to back down is too keep calm and say something like, hey man I don't really wanna fight. You have to look sincere and calm, but not intimidated otherwise they will strike. A good technique is to put both hands out in front open like saying hey stop its cool. For a brief second they will consider whether to hit your or not, now most guys who arn't trained will only throw punches or try to tackle you etc. Its at this brief instance, when u can snap a very fast front kick into their groin, causing them to jerk forward. Depending on how curled over, you can either:

(i) grab their head and knee them
(ii) elbow them in the head
(iii) punch in the throat.

If you do one of these follow thru with another, they should definately be on the ground after this. The suprise element is a definite finisher, but you should never go toe to toe with these guys in a one on one fight.

Always strike first under the guise of retreat.

Also note; that while this is highly successful, you could seriously hurt them, or they may opt for revenge and catch you out, either outnumbering you or suckerpunching you. But maybe they'll learn their lesson. Also its the guys who talk lots with all the bravado that are usually the least prepared (eg. jocks).

However on a side note, train train train. Preparation is the key either way, it will also develop your confidence and affect how you see the world thru your eyes. If you look more confident and focused he will be less likely to start **** with you anyhow + you'll care less. Also I've met a lot of badass fighters at the gym who are very nice guys. They are from a variety of countries and have different styles, boxing, muay thai, kung fu, karate. They can help with technique and they'll have your back.

Goodluck bro.

Nighthawk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good tip Cruel Intentions. I remember the first time I got sucker-punched. The guy (drunk, "looked at him funny") said he wanted to check I didn't have a knife first. I let him pat around, then he gestured for me to check him in return. As I did he smacked me in the mouth. Sucker-punch!